takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

Does anyone happen to have toe Lakeside Valley mission file? If so please post a link to it or send it to me trough PM.

It's confirmed Tonics and shit already if you just watch a A3L video.

It's confirmed Tonics and shit already if you just watch a A3L video.

I know, i'm looking for the actual A3L mission file so I can jump on the bandwagon and start my server for the luls.

Also; Nice signature(s)

EDIT: Some mad individual reported your post, WHY? :butbut:

EDIT2: I posted a thread on Reddit, http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/2lpdz4/sign_the_petition_to_stop_mod_piracy_and_servers/ please upvote if you have a reddit account, A3L members will probably mass downvote it.

Edited by GSP167

My time in A3L was both a blessing and a cursing. The natural raw talent I've got to meet over my time there was incredible. A3L at one point had amazing developers who could make things out of scratch. Modelers such as Christian, Hem, and a few other drag along s. These guys are talented and eager to learn and that was an experience I'm glad I got to witness. Like any other community, A3L has both good and bad developers. The difference is who's in charge. When I was one of four project leads with A3L, I championed a new and creative experience that users have never been introduced to. Steaker having been another Project lead agreed with me that we should do an entirely new experience. This would have involved new coding, new buildings, and created a generally new experience. This was our dream. When you look at all the videos in which I've been involved in, you can see it taking place. Steaker and I pressed hard for new and original content. I noticed some of you bringing up the weapons pack, and according to Caiden who did all the contact with external developers, we were allowed to use them so long as we gave credit. So if the developers never gave us permission, then I would like to apologize because me being a PL, I should have taken the time to ensure that we did in fact have permission instead on having to trust Caidens word entirely. Note this is not an excuse for what we have done. I believe in credit going to where it belongs.

As for the donations, I agreed they were necessary for our survival but I didn't agree with how they were handled. I didn't and still don't agree how some of the decisions over there are made around money conscious decisions. In our PL meetings, we often discussed how to proceed about releasing the content. Caiden instructed me that anyone who donated a certain amount should be allowed to have access. I said fine but as long as I was allowed to bring in regular active members on our forums who hadn't donated in which I often was limited to 25-30 people who had to be approved by him. A3L is money oriented, and that is a shame i'm sad to have had my name tied too. I could have stood up to him, but I didn't and that is a responsibility I now have to deal with.

Now I know none of this excuses me from any of the past transgressions I may have committed. The only responsible thing I have left is to apologize to those I may have wronged. Caiden and I had a huge fallout and as such I have been banned for whats about to be four months. Steaker has since left after having been told that all his hard work is being removed and Caiden instructed the switch over of our economy focused mod into a altered version of Altis Life which it currently is. Months of progress destroyed because a few devs got lazy and just wanted to essentially screw around. Any admin who has supported me has been phased out by people who agree entirely with Caiden. A3L is in no position to change its current course, and any decision made over the past three months reflect entirely upon his and a few others administration in which I take responsibility for as well because some of those who now screw people over I had put into a position of power such as Zoo. A3L was a mistake on my part but now I have to live with the consequences that is has on my reputation and self worth.

So I'm sorry. Nothing else I can say. I thought this was going to be a revolutionary new mod in the life of ArmA but instead I helped establish a monster that puts power into those who have influence (youtubers) and not the common man like I had been myself at one point. I wanted a mod anyone could have enjoyed, but instead I got bit by the monster I helped establish. I hope you all can forgive me.

Edited by Delgado

My time in A3L was both a blessing and a cursing. The natural raw talent I've got to meet over my time there was incredible. A3L at one point had amazing developers who could make things out of scratch. Modelers such as Christian, Hem, and a few other drag along s. These guys are talented and eager to learn and that was an experience I'm glad I got to witness. Like any other community, A3L has both good and bad developers. The difference is who's in charge. When I was one of four project leads with A3L, I championed a new and creative experience that users have never been introduced to. Steaker having been another Project lead agreed with me that we should do an entirely new experience. This would have involved new coding, new buildings, and created a generally new experience. This was our dream. When you look at all the videos in which I've been involved in, you can see it taking place. Steaker and I pressed hard for new and original content. I noticed some of you bringing up the weapons pack, and according to Caiden who did all the contact with external developers, we were allowed to use them so long as we gave credit. So if the developers never gave us permission, then I would like to apologize because me being a PL, I should have taken the time to ensure that we did in fact have permission instead on having to trust Caidens word entirely. Note this is not an excuse for what we have done. I believe in credit going to where it belongs.

As for the donations, I agreed they were necessary for our survival but I didn't agree with how they were handled. I didn't and still don't agree how some of the decisions over there are made around money conscious decisions. In our PL meetings, we often discussed how to proceed about releasing the content. Caiden instructed me that anyone who donated a certain amount should be allowed to have access. I said fine but as long as I was allowed to bring in regular active members on our forums who hadn't donated in which I often was limited to 25-30 people who had to be approved by him. A3L is money oriented, and that is a shame i'm sad to have had my name tied too. I could have stood up to him, but I didn't and that is a responsibility I now have to deal with.

Now I know none of this excuses me from any of the past transgressions I may have committed. The only responsible thing I have left is to apologize to those I may have wronged. Caiden and I had a huge fallout and as such I have been banned for whats about to be four months. Steaker has since left after having been told that all his hard work is being removed and Caiden instructed the switch over of our economy focused mod into a altered version of Altis Life which it currently is. Months of progress destroyed because a few devs got lazy and just wanted to essentially screw around. Any admin who has supported me has been phased out by people who agree entirely with Caiden. A3L is in no position to change its current course, and any decision made over the past three months reflect entirely upon his and a few others administration in which I take responsibility for as well because some of those who now screw people over I had put into a position of power such as Zoo. A3L was a mistake on my part but now I have to live with the consequences that is has on my reputation and self worth.

So I'm sorry. Nothing else I can say. I thought this was going to be a revolutionary new mod in the life of ArmA but instead I helped establish a monster that puts power into those who have influence (youtubers) and not the common man like I had been myself at one point. I wanted a mod anyone could have enjoyed, but instead I got bit by the monster I helped establish. I hope you all can forgive me.

Honestly, I knew you got banned a while ago and you had a totally different idea. If it would have stayed with you and the original people then probably none of this would have happened. Zoo is a fucking beta power hungry person as for everyone else there right now. I do not know how Caiden sees nothing wrong with whats going on or could tell at all. Just get psisyndicate to stop playing A3L then it falls.

Edited by ArmaPilot

nice 1 delgado - spoken like a man.

+1 from me

I will remove you from my list of people i'm requesting bans for, given you realise your mistake. whether BIS take any notice is up in the air eh, but we'll build up a pressure vessel here to effect some change to policy if we can. I know from skype and PM and email i'm getting that literally all of the great modders i have heard of would like to see this shite run out of town, and the perpetrators dealt with swiftly and effectively.

it's great to make mods and missions but (for others to learn from this mistake) devs

a) should not base them on code taken from someone without permission (who released his code with a no derivs license)

b) should not argue with content creators who wish their content removed

c) should not charge money for access

d) should not lie and deceive when asked perfectly reasonable questions, to conceal the truth that they stole stuff and sold it

i am hoping ultimately to see a full accounting of how much money these guys earned, and see it refunded to the poor souls who paid it in good faith.

only that will be satisfactory, along with a public apology like yours from each and every team member.

p.s. time to change your sig? we have some new ones knocking about!

Edited by eggbeast

I hope you all can forgive me.

i can understand that you worked hard for the idea you head and as an real dev do it on the right way. You maybe could have realiesed it earlier but thats counts for me is that you see the problem and even take responsibility for things that aren't your fault. It's not easy to stand up and wake the path of redemption but you did it. So if you can help us to clear all this mess up your help will be appreciated. I hope that in the futur you will find a team that will be more like you.

Just get psisyndicate to stop playing A3L then it falls.

i ask him lately in on of his streams and his answer was more or less: "bacause it is fun an why not" so this will be an real hard task.

Edited by Dr_Defimus

much respect. if i would be one of the affected modder or part of a affected company, i would forgive you and i do.

you can report the donation system to paypal and reporting all the stolen content which was ported from other games, to the affected companies (for example you can tell crytek about that arma 3:life uses crysis 2 bus model etc)

EDIT: can i use this text for a video about arma 3:Life ?

Edited by havatan19

Just words, I'm afraid. Now the TRUE act of contrition will be to actively force the takedown of A3L.

much respect. if i would be one of the affected modder or part of a affected company, i would forgive you and i do.

you can report the donation system to paypal and reporting all the stolen content which was ported from other games, to the affected companies (for example you can tell crytek about that arma 3:life uses crysis 2 bus model etc)

EDIT: can i use this text for a video about arma 3:Life ?

It is publicly posted. Please feel free to do what ever you wish with it.

As for general questions, I may be able to help clarify some things. But understand that the last time I had any real knowledge of the inside of A3L, it was before I was stripped of my position and perm. banned. By the reception of some of my friends still in A3L, it has changed dramatically so I may not be of much use. I will also seek to replace my signature as well. And thank you to those who have forgiven me. I still have a lot of people to make up to however.

Is this a decision you will stand behind? I recall hearing this before, around the time Moricky released Virtual Arsenal, and your scenario development continuing afterwards.

That situation was different, I was indeed upset and have since never touched VAS as I said I would. What happened with virtual arsenal could be seen as a sense of flattery, the idea its self was being used where unlike what is going on with A3L my code is directly being taken and was used in a commercial way at one point. At least the Bootcamp DLC was free.

i can understand that you worked hard for the idea you head and as an real dev do it on the right way. You maybe could have realiesed it earlier but thats counts for me is that you see the problem and even take responsibility for things that aren't your fault. It's not easy to stand up and wake the path of redemption but you did it. So if you can help us to clear all this mess up your help will be appreciated. I hope that in the futur you will find a team that will be more like you.

i ask him lately in on of his streams and his answer was more or less: "bacause it is fun an why not" so this will be an real hard task.

He doesn't find it fun, PsiSyndicate promotes it because people want to see it and he makes money from that which is fine because people like him have made a full commitment to that being his job and its his only source of income. There are a select few of streamers and youtubers that don't do it for money and have integrity. PsiSyndicate is not one of those people however, as I said that is his job and not to promote what people want to see means loss in income and a man has to eat am I right?

The ModDB page has been deleted. If you look at the bottom of it now it says it because of the violations to their terms of service. Another successful take-down!

Wow GSP167 definitely best signature so far :)

The ModDB page has been deleted. If you look at the bottom of it now it says it because of the violations to their terms of service. Another successful take-down!

A small step towards victory! :cool:

I Arma3Lifed it

No you didn't you lier, you didn't charge people 30$ to lay their eyes upon your signature. :)

Massive amounts of respect go towards you. It actually makes a really good point that all the smart people that had a brilliant idea and such that wanted it to be new and original were all banned because Caiden didn't want to wait and instead wanted to whore in all the money for his own personal expenses.

Maybe it's time that all the actual devs come together and make a truly revolutionizing mod that is 100% legitimate. Anybody fancy it?

I don't know if this was posted before but i'll post it anyway;

I'd like to hear from a legal professional what they think about this;

http://i.imgur.com/Tp7FMhL.png

http://i.imgur.com/ePzIhKr.png

http://i.imgur.com/MONDb9Y.png

This is clearly a way to trick people into paying. It's either you wait for a while and get denied or "donate" 30$ and be able to join the server within an hour.

Sorry if I don't understand what the problem is here but...

What have they done that is illegal?

Modifying mods isn't illegal.

A donation system isn't illegal.

Server admins giving premium content to donators isn't illegal.

The only thing I can think of that they could have done wrong from what I've read is not done the "XYZ mod by ABC" in a txt file somewhere.

So yeah, whats the deal?

Sorry if I don't understand what the problem is here but...

What have they done that is illegal?

Modifying mods isn't illegal.

A donation system isn't illegal.

Server admins giving premium content to donators isn't illegal.

The only thing I can think of that they could have done wrong from what I've read is not done the "XYZ mod by ABC" in a txt file somewhere.

So yeah, whats the deal?

Please read what we've said on this thread countless times then come again.

On another note, good work on the 120+ signatures on the petition, keep it up. If we could reach something like 500+ that'd be pretty great and perhaps BIS would see that the community actually cares.

Eeerr... HJohnson, maybe you should pay more attention to what has been discussed here...

EDIT : Ninja'd >_<

Has anyone heard back from any of the larger developers that A3L have been stealing from? I think that's the most likely place to see some action taken.. BIS don't seem to be doing much... at the moment :(