takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

I read through the thread, and noticed that someone mentioned that it had been removed from ModDB. It looks like they've resubmitted it, or something: http://www.moddb.com/mods/arma-3-life1

I don't know anything about ModDB, but someone might want to ping off another email and get this one nipped in the bud too.

Even better, they broke Cryteks EULA and then A3L broke the "Personal use only" license on the model...

yeah.

@all: someone has the arma 3:life files ? i mean the .pbo where weapons, vehicles etc included, if yes, please pm me.

I read through the thread, and noticed that someone mentioned that it had been removed from ModDB. It looks like they've resubmitted it, or something: http://www.moddb.com/mods/arma-3-life1

I don't know anything about ModDB, but someone might want to ping off another email and get this one nipped in the bud too.

Already did it, I got it removed the first time xD

Just get it pulled down again, as I see it is waiting approval. Contact the link at the bottom.

What made me laugh was they have 'new unique models' (aka stolen models) and 'jobs and illegal activities' (however they don't talk about their own illegal activity).

So every time you read 'new' please substitute for 'stolen'.

PS have informed their moderators via moddb website.

Edited by Kremator
Added email to moddb moderators

I am confused as I thought this was addressed some updates ago with

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {};
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {};
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] = {};

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

As I mentioned in my edit, these commands stop anything loading, so you won't even be able to load BIS files and it breaks the game. Example:

Could not load 'A3\functions_f\systems\fn_locations.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\variables\fn_areEqual.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\variables\fn_swapVars.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\variables\fn_variableSpaceAdd.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\variables\fn_variableSpaceRemove.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\vectors\fn_crossProduct.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\vectors\fn_dotProduct.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\vectors\fn_magnitude.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\vectors\fn_magnitudeSqr.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\vectors\fn_unitVector.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\vectors\fn_vectorMultiply.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\vectors\fn_vectorDiff.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\vectors\fn_vectorAdd.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\vectors\fn_vectorFromXToY.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions
Could not load 'A3\functions_f\vectors\fn_rotateVector2D.sqf'. Extension not listed in allowedPreprocessFileExtensions

Have they really re-done the donations thing as addison said or was that BS ?

Hi BL1P long time no see, played with you on TG... If you register for their forums you will see it in civilian applications.

one thread says

"I've closed applications to join A3L for the weekend, so we can get caught up with the 50 pages." this was last weekend

another thread

subject Joining Beta in the "fast lane" ** <1 hour wait time

"You can donate $30 to receive a gold donator tag which gives you access to the Expedited Application section on the forums. Those applications will be placed on top of the queue for reviewal (Please make sure to post your thread in the expedited section!). This does NOT guarantee your civilian application to be accepted and will be handled like any normal civilian application."

Not a bad idea, but the petition really isnt very well written at all, needs more facts and such , then again , BI knows... so the real reason is to show how many people care, but they should already see that from the forums..

Also, as far as I have heard, nobody has used the term "piracy" ... you cant "pirate" an arma mod really, you can steal it and claim it as your work, which A3L does... but im pretty sure that isn't at all the definition of piracy, if somebody knows better, please correct me.

sweet! we're up to 49 signatures already!

MikeTim - you misunderstood again. the text in the forums linked shows that they have allegedly pirated content from several games. selling a service to access BIS game content is also piracy. let's not quibble over semantics, if you read the threads through, it is clear what they are doing is piracy - taking other peoples goods and selling them to unsuspecting public, while breaching copyright and IP ownership - if that isn't piracy, what is? they may as well be copying the dics and selling them in the pub

Edited by eggbeast

Ok. The definition of the piracy part really isnt important I guess, but it could at least be editied to have more proper puntucation etc.

Anything that can be done to futher this cause is good.

Ill sign later, good to see action.

I have sent a message to MODDB admins & provided proofs that they stolen models from various games, hopefully they will be banished from making any further MODDB page in the future.

I didn't make it D: I stole it, just like A3L did with everything ever.

I didn't make it D: I stole it, just like A3L did with everything ever.

hahahahaha from where did u got it ?

PS: over 40,000 views this theard. that is good, everyone needs to know about it !

Does anyone happen to have the Lakeside Valley mission file? If so please post a link to it or send it to me trough PM.

Edited by GSP167