takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

Might be a good idea to don't talk about their profits, that could bring some strange ideas in mind of the people / jelousy etc. Let's stick to the fact that they are stealing contents

Jsy2gyg.png

Lightfoot has already sorted this, Why make another thread.

I heard A3L owners flew to the moon and discovered pluto, That is how ridiculous you all sound.

http://i.imgur.com/Jsy2gyg.png

I heard A3L owners flew to the moon and discovered pluto, That is how ridiculous you all sound.

This thread was made on the 26'th. Matt's post was made on the 31'st. People are still allowed to express their opinion on the situation as it's a lot healthier than just bottling it all up :)

http://i.imgur.com/Jsy2gyg.png

Is it not ridiculous that I and other addon makers create content for free and he profits from it?

Do you know how ridiculous your post sounds?

Not lying on this one, a friend I know was talking about his friend knowing one of A3L's Head Admins that was bragging about his new truck he bought with the 'donation' money.

I was just given this thread this morning as I don't sit on the forums watching for posts against the community I am currently apart of. However I did want to respond to this nonsense allegation regarding head admins purchasing a new truck with donations. For one no Head Admin even comes close to having access to the A3L Paypal account. So I want to stop that in its track immediately.

Now let's all be grown adults or for some young adults and try and discuss your concerns that you absolutely have every right to have and question. I want to point out a few things first before all the flames and attacks come at me so that we are clear.

1. I do not run or have control over A3L

2. I do not have paypal access to A3L to comment on donations

3. Yes Altis Life platform made by Tonic is currently being used ( This is something Caiden and Tonic need to deal with)

4. I can only convey your message to A3L Team but final decisions are definitely out of my control.

5. Bohemia has spoken to us and as we currently are told by them we are complaint with their EULA

My Beliefs:

1. We should be focusing on utilizing steakers framework and fixing it to an operational framework

2. I have always in a business practice receive a written email of authorization to use someones work. However from what I've read that Armaholic items are published for free usage for non-commercial in which A3L falls under.

3. I don't like trying to hide anything so if you have a sensible question to ask then I will try and provide you a reasonable answer.

So with that said, I have a full time job so responses can't be done immediately so bare that in mind.

2. I have always in a business practice receive a written email of authorization to use someones work. However from what I've read that Armaholic items are published for free usage for non-commercial in which I have a full time job so responses can't be done immediately so bare that in mind.

Armaholic downloads are; however using it in a server that essentially requires payment to play is against the rules without written consent, as is the resigning of the addons as someone said they have been many pages ago - To have them in a required mod pack you must ask permission if money is involved in any way.

so is BIS actually gonna do anything about this, or is it all the same to them as long as game units keep moving?

Do something about what? If you're expecting BIS to take legal action against someone for using unofficial (mod) content without the content creator's permission, I think you will be disappointed.

BIS can only legally enforce their own EULA/TOS, which does not cover how unofficial content is licensed or used. In other words, if server owner A is breaking mod maker B's license, that's pretty much none of BIS' business. There may be consequences on these forums, but that's more a matter of courtesy toward the original content creator. BI cannot legally enforce a third party's intellectual property rights or licenses.

NOTE: I am not a BIS employee; this is just my personal view on the matter.

Edited by MadDogX
goof'd a word

Armaholic downloads are; however using it in a server that essentially requires payment to play is against the rules without written consent, as is the resigning of the addons as someone said they have been many pages ago - To have them in a required mod pack you must ask permission if money is involved in any way.

AtinAkiri,

When contacted by Bohemia to remove our donation program, everyone was advised and they tried to modify the donation system to be compliant which was changed again. Now the donator system has been removed and open beta has been released. It is not against the rules to use them without written consent. It is a common courtesy in which should have been done as I agree with you there but I wasn't here when the original development of the community. They feel that A3L is non commercial and have every right to utilize the released mod packs as stated in the modpack postings on armaholic.

I was just given this thread this morning as I don't sit on the forums watching for posts against the community I am currently apart of. However I did want to respond to this nonsense allegation regarding head admins purchasing a new truck with donations. For one no Head Admin even comes close to having access to the A3L Paypal account. So I want to stop that in its track immediately.

Now let's all be grown adults or for some young adults and try and discuss your concerns that you absolutely have every right to have and question. I want to point out a few things first before all the flames and attacks come at me so that we are clear.

1. I do not run or have control over A3L

2. I do not have paypal access to A3L to comment on donations

3. Yes Altis Life platform made by Tonic is currently being used ( This is something Caiden and Tonic need to deal with)

4. I can only convey your message to A3L Team but final decisions are definitely out of my control.

5. Bohemia has spoken to us and as we currently are told by them we are complaint with their EULA

My Beliefs:

1. We should be focusing on utilizing steakers framework and fixing it to an operational framework

2. I have always in a business practice receive a written email of authorization to use someones work. However from what I've read that Armaholic items are published for free usage for non-commercial in which A3L falls under.

3. I don't like trying to hide anything so if you have a sensible question to ask then I will try and provide you a reasonable answer.

So with that said, I have a full time job so responses can't be done immediately so bare that in mind.

Soooo what do you actually so then if you have no control over anything because armchair lawyers are abundant around here.

Let's clear this up once and for all. You CAN download and use mods from armaholic. That part is fine.

You CANNOT download and resign the mods from armaholic and distribute them without permission something your "team" failed to do. So you can pull the mods in question from your distribution or require the users to download them separately and add a dependency in your mod to use them.

Again. You CANNOT resign other peoples mods.

Edited by M1lkm8n

AtinAkiri,

When contacted by Bohemia to remove our donation program, everyone was advised and they tried to modify the donation system to be compliant which was changed again. Now the donator system has been removed and open beta has been released.

"Open beta" which is even more closed and money hungry than the system you had before. Do you actually think that people and Bohemia are that stupid and can't see what you guys are doing over there at A3 Life?

Soooo what do you actually so then if you have no control over anything because armchair lawyers are abundant around here.

Let's clear this up once and for all. You CAN download and use mods from armaholic. That part is fine.

You CANNOT download and resign the mods from armaholic and distribute them without permission something your "team" failed to do. So you can pull the mods in question from you distribution or require the users to download them separately and add a dependency in your mod to use them.

Again. You CANNOT resign other peoples mods.

M1lkm8n,

Thanks for the entertainment of your first line of response. I am here to try and provide you some type of responsible response to your inquiries and be a level headed individual and advise the team of A3L of the concerns you have and that in fact if they have commited to do something illegally encourage them to correct those actions for sake of our A3L community that plays.

So again, thanks for your attempt to insult someone that is trying to step up and actually try and make a reasonable attempt to resolve this issue and/or issues.

I'm not trying to insult you. I am telling you what needs to be done and you skate around the issue time and time again. I don't wanna have to start contacting server providers but it seems that is what is going to have to happen as you guys don't want to listen.

mbaxter:

Now the donation system has been removed, which meant A3L had formerly been in breach of the BI EULA, will the A3L team as a non commercial entity be refunding those donations?

If not, why not?

Has BI requested you refund them or simply stop taking them?

Many thanks.

"Open beta" which is even more closed and money hungry than the system you had before. Do you actually think that people and Bohemia are that stupid and can't see what you guys are doing over there at A3 Life?

cofi0276,

Not sure what you mean as hundreds of applications have been accepted without any means of donations. Please provide proof that people are having to pay to play this mod now since Bohemia mentioned us to remove our donator system. Otherwise your comment is null and void as that is not in fact the case.

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

mbaxter:

Now the donation system has been removed, which meant A3L had formerly been in breach of the BI EULA, will the A3L team as a non commercial entity be refunding those donations?

If not, why not?

Has BI requested you refund them or simply stop taking them?

Many thanks.

Acyprus,

Thanks honestly for the first most reasonable question as asked. Yes we were in breach of the BI EULA and was advised by BI to remove it. That has been done and no BI did not advise us that we had to refund every individual that donated during that time.

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

I'm not trying to insult you. I am telling you what needs to be done and you skate around the issue time and time again. I don't wanna have to start contacting server providers but it seems that is what is going to have to happen as you guys don't want to listen.

I have looked this up real quick so I do apologize if it seems to be lacking a valid full response.

Resigning an add-on means that the original sign doesn't work. If it was originally signed that mod creator could make new addons that our server would accept. This includes scripts that could potentially be used to spawn stuff or more. The license states that you can spread the content in any medium or format. Resigning doesn't edit the actual but merely format of that content.

I hope that is the answer your looking for as to the add-ons utilized by A3L and resigned?

Acyprus,

Thanks honestly for the first most reasonable question as asked. Yes we were in breach of the BI EULA and was advised by BI to remove it. That has been done and no BI did not advise us that we had to refund every individual that donated during that time.

thank you for resurfacing to address our questions. I am encouraged that in your response, the A3L team seems to have for the first time made a clear and non-evasive statement regarding the EULA.

Moving on from your reply above, does the A3L team not feel it would be responsible and proper to refund those donations, given they were received by breaking the rules?

It would go a seriously long way in redeeming the team's reputation and emphasising their aims to provide a fun and decent Life experience for their community.

mbaxter:

Arma 3 Life never had donations, they were and still are charging access. The applications are currently closed and the only way to join the server is to pay 30$ for a "fast lane". As long as they are getting money they will slow down the free applications as much as they can. They are just going around the "system" thinking they are so smart.

You can donate $30 to receive a gold donator tag which gives you access to the Expedited Application section on the forums. Those applications will be placed on top of the queue for reviewal (Please make sure to post your thread in the expedited section!).
Edited by cofi0276

thank you for resurfacing to address our questions. I am encouraged that in your response, the A3L team seems to have for the first time made a clear and non-evasive statement regarding the EULA.

Moving on from your reply above, does the A3L team not feel it would be responsible and proper to refund those donations, given they were received by breaking the rules?

It would go a seriously long way in redeeming the team's reputation and emphasising their aims to provide a fun and decent Life experience for their community.

ACyprus,

Very good question and that I will ask on and respond back with.

As the way I see it, players have the ability to request a refund from PayPal for their donation made to play access the mod quicker. If someone that wants to get a refund that would be up to obviously themselves, PayPal and Caiden to accommodate.

I don't see that being actually done as the originally intent I don't feel was to steal money from community members in order to fund personal advances and etc.

Arma 3 Life never had donations, they were and still are charging access. The applications are currently closed and the only way to join the server is to pay 30$ for a "fast lane". As long as they are getting money they will slow down the free applications as much as they can. They are just going around the "system" thinking they are so smart.

Thanks dude, I'm aware of the situation and have read both threads in full. I'm merely using the nomenclature that mbaxter is comfortable with such that I can have a fruitful and frank exchange with him. They have already stated clearly the donation system was against the eula, call it donation or pay to play. :)

ACyprus,

Very good question and that I will ask on and respond back with.

As the way I see it, players have the ability to request a refund from PayPal for their donation made to play access the mod quicker. If someone that wants to get a refund that would be up to obviously themselves, PayPal and Caiden to accommodate.

I don't see that being actually done as the originally intent I don't feel was to steal money from community members in order to fund personal advances and etc.

In that case, would the A3L team see it as the decent thing to make these members fully aware of the situation and prompt that they claim back the donations themselves?

The A3L team could inform them that donations were accepted in violation of the eula and should never have been accepted in the first place. Hence they have the right to the refund.

That would be a good step forward.

Thanks for continuing to reply.

cofi0276,

The applications are closed so that the small amount of staff can catch up the 41 pages of applications that are already there pending. Anyone from the outside is going to immediately blast off the they are doing this and that but you don't see the inside of where our team tries to focus on applications and getting all of them whitelisted and into the game to play. There is a way for applications to be processed faster if you donate but that doesn't mean someone that hasn't initially put in an application can donate and then apply as applications are closed for everyone at the moment. So your allegations are inaccurate in my view and won't comment further regarding that matter in all due respect sir.

Edited by mbaxter
Actually there is 41 pages of applications not originally posted 16

Like Caiden's doxing circlejerk? I would give credit to Forza for the car models you took from that before Forza rapes you.

---------- Post added at 08:03 ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 ----------

Also, you and mbaxter are the damage control team right?

Like Caiden's doxing circlejerk? I would give credit to Forza for the car models you took from that before Forza rapes you.

---------- Post added at 08:03 ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 ----------

Also, you and mbaxter are the damage control team right?

I would take a moment to read back over the threads and look a my posts before you make a rash claim like that.

"Also", if you don't see the sense in my line of questioning and use of language, then perhaps take a moment to consider why I am using it.

"Also", if you don't see the sense in my line of questioning and use of language, then perhaps take a moment to consider why I am using it.

I should probably rephrase that to "If you don't have the sense to understand my line of questioning...".

Pfft.

So just getting this right.

A3L no longer ask for donations to get fast tracked (the scam). because BIS told them to stop.

But they still use altered mods and scripts that they are not allowed to alter and which they have been asked to remove by the authors of the mods\scripts ?

If BIS can't do anything about this at all or offer help to the original content creators. I feel that this attitude by the A3L group will be the end of the modding community for BIS.

If one group can get away with altering other peoples work and calling it their own and even charging for it until they get caught...

So just getting this right.

A3L no longer ask for donations to get fast tracked (the scam). because BIS told them to stop.

But they still use altered mods and scripts that they are not allowed to alter and which they have been asked to remove by the authors of the mods\scripts ?

If BIS can't do anything about this at all or offer help to the original content creators. I feel that this attitude by the A3L group will be the end of the modding community for BIS.

If one group can get away with altering other peoples work and calling it their own and even charging for it until they get caught...

This is a saddening truth - I am still new to modding (8gigs of unreleased content, 1 released.) because of how the community appears now - You guys are lovely for help.. Then A3L does this and turns me off of releasing anything. The prospect of having content taken without permission and modified or resigned is a infringement on my right as a creator and breaks my intellectual rights to the content I made. What they have done is wrong. End of story. If a mod author says REMOVE you remove. That's simply being fair and right, what they are doing with the resigning and modifying isnt allowed plain and simple.