takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

Side note, this is a a bit of a gray area that I would like someone to clarify. If no content is locked in game, so regardless of if people donate or not they can still earn the content. And if by donating a certain amount a player earns a shortcut to content. Is that against the EULA as well?

That is initially what I got out of it as well but apparently even that is looked down upon by Bohemia. Anything that is rewarding in-game content is apparently looked down upon and against the EULA.

It seem some people dont know what they are talking about, they are not asking for you to donate to play the mod, you can get in easily without donating at all. The only thing you will get in return for that donation is that your application to join A3L is being processed quicker. Their application requirements are bullshit btw:

This guy got denied with having the proper age:

Question 1 did not meet the word requirement. Min.125, You put 123 words.

One guy even got permabanned from their forums for not having the right amount of word requirements on any required question

Talk about being a dictating prick.:j:

Edited by Necramonium

It seem some people dont know what they are talking about, they are not asking for you to donate to play the mod, you can get in easily without donating at all. The only thing you will get in return for that donation is that your application to join A3L is being processed quicker. Their application requirements are bullshit btw:

This guy got denied with having the proper age:

Question 1 did not meet the word requirement. Min.125, You put 123 words.

One guy even got permabanned from their forums for not having the right amount of word requirements on any required question

Talk about being a dictating prick.:j:

Yes, that is now, we are talking about before when it was the only way to get in.

Well bye bye Caiden. Hopefully all those people get their money back

In this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life/page31

MattLightfoot recently wrote:

Right ok so now the moderators have dolled out the infractions, now there is a large amount of issues people have raised so I'll address a few;

1. Regarding people using your content without your consent this is something you need to tackle between your teams like gentlemen and ladies. Not throwing around wild accusations on the forums, we can't and won't investigate all claims of he/she stole my things. You need to contact them directly to resolve this.

2. The topic isn't going to be deleted.

3. Charging for in-game items/server access - This is something we have been discussing for a while and is something we are looking at but currently the rule is that you aren't able to charge for access to a server or for ingame content. I have spoken to the team behind A3L and I believe they have stopped this now.

4. People who want to use this forum for breaking Wheaton's law will be removed.

5. Anyone has an issue with what the moderators have done please contact me directly via e-mail at matt.lightfoot@bistudio.com

In regard to #3. I must have read this message in a dozen variations over these past few months. I'm curious how many times are they going to be just let go? A hundred times? A thousand?

Simply put, they have proven themselves untrustworthy and will not stop. I'm hoping something was made to ensure they will not just continue business as usual like they have always done.

How could you charge for access to a server running mods that are not even yours. That would be the issue I would be most concerned about. It's ludicrous.

How could you charge for access to a server running mods that are not even yours. That would be the issue I would be most concerned about. It's ludicrous.

Your absolutely right, I'm not sure how Caiden doesn't have any remorse for what he's done. I suppose all those "Donations" are blinding him.

Well from this thread I am guessing, if BIS do nothing... stealing other peoples mods and calling pay to play a donation is now ok, because BIS do nothing about it ?

Unless of course BIS would like to contribute to the the thread ?

Telling me I am wrong but doing nothing about A3L is a contradiction btw !

Edited by BL1P

In this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life/page31

MattLightfoot recently wrote:

In regard to #3. I must have read this message in a dozen variations over these past few months. I'm curious how many times are they going to be just let go? A hundred times? A thousand?

Simply put, they have proven themselves untrustworthy and will not stop. I'm hoping something was made to ensure they will not just continue business as usual like they have always done.

I've e-mailed him. I find his response appalling and of no help to the ArmA community. They are giving up on the content creators and not showing the support they truly deserve. Let's be honest, what would ArmA be without the modding community?

I've e-mailed him. I find his response appalling and of no help to the ArmA community. They are giving up on the content creators and not showing the support they truly deserve. Let's be honest, what would ArmA be without the modding community?

To be fair we all know that matt is just deans m8, who used to play games with him, then was lucky enough to get a job at bis :)

Although he did look sexy in women's clothes on the dayz forums :)

Edited by BL1P

To be fair we all know that matt is just deans m8, who used to play games with him, then was lucky enough to get a job at bis :)

Although he did look sexy in women's clothes on the dayz forums :)

Yep, Matt & Dean; two of many -snipped for maturity purposes- working at Bohemia Interactive.

I guarantee that without the modding community; these games would be dead and Bohemia would have to get their priorities in line and heads out of their asses; but I guess this is how content creators get rewarded, I look forward to your new releases folks; I look forward to seeing A3L rip more content from dedicated folk who spend their time working on such content to be stolen by kids with a "Low-Orbit Ion Cannon" pointing at anybody who says anything against the kiddies.

Edited by ColinM9991

Well from this thread I am guessing, if BIS do nothing... stealing other peoples mods and calling pay to play a donation is now ok, because BIS do nothing about it ?

Unless of course BIS would like to contribute to the the thread ?

Telling me I am wrong but doing nothing about A3L is a contradiction btw !

I have an idea, let's take Arma 3, rename it to something cool, change a few files and start selling it. :-DDD Maybe BIS will care then.

Yep, Matt & Dean; two of many idiots working at Bohemia Interactive.

Woah woah woah, that's not needed here at all. Would recommend you re-think and edit that post a bit....

Oh shit I'm late to the party.

HANNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HANNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEES!!! HAAAAAANESS! Hannes...

$30 charge.

46,675 total members

subtract half of those

then subtract 25 percent from that

leaves us 'gold donators'

just say 10,000 'gold donators'

times 30 = $300,000 USD

Pay off 5 servers to run that shit for like 5 years

Wonder what they are using that money for? To pay legal fees?? Ayyyyy.

Taking models from Forza

Reason its even popular(usually its worse)

They got permission to do this right?

mat?? y u no help comunity pl0x?

Anything else I missed?

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

Also, I believe this has become really childish and immature(A3L has). The fact that one of the most mature game communities on the internet is having a huge fit is sad. I don't know if its just me but it seems like whenever this is some sort of 'roleplay/life' type of gamemode it brings tons of drama and immaturity with it. I can't find a good real ArmA server anymore, life dominates the server list and has directed all attention to it. No one really plays CTI anymore, barely any Co-op servers, basically all those great ArmA gamemodes are gone. I think RPG should get its own god damn game. ArmA is a sandbox Military Simulator, not Drama Simulator.

Edited by ArmaPilot

BI, please make the next MANW have a best forums thread category. This one really deserves it, caramel coated popcorn should be a good prize...

Content creators can take further steps than by just asking them to stop, they need to contact the hosters of the servers with the stolen code, informing them of the fact.

This is what Matt says the content creators should do if their content hasn't been removed which Tonic is already trying to do.

Just to clarify for a few people. Asking for donations is not looked down on. However if by donating it gains you access to in game content that is unavailable to people to have not donated, that's what is looked down on.

Exactly. That's what my rant was about haha. It's very simple IMO. If any object or weapon, or feature can be accessed by simply donating paying money, then it's a violation. However if every participant has access to all of this stuff ( game mode / conditions permitting ) and makes a donation, then it's legal. Else.. it really is a scumbag move exploiting a "hole" in the system if you will.

So let me understand, if I re-upload contents of other people (and even other games covered by copyright) and I gently ask for donations without give anything to the original authors, and I make money out of it, it's legal?

Holy shi*, looks like some good business there. :dancehead:

I can't find a good real ArmA server anymore, life dominates the server list and has directed all attention to it. No one really plays CTI anymore, barely any Co-op servers, basically all those great ArmA gamemodes are gone.

I agree with this, even though I do have a history with Altis Life so far I agree with it.

I miss the old co-op servers that used to be up, but to be quite honest, that all happened a time ago with DayZ since people demanded more and kept demanding until people decided to mix and morph DayZ mods until we got

DayZ Overpochwatcharmacheesecakewithzombieslingorandtakistancallofdutytwelveyearoldsscreamingdowntheirheadset

It's like a never-ending disease.

What I still don't understand is why Bohemia has all these 'Terms of Conditions' and policy agreements that prohibit A3L doing what they are doing right now, which has been clearly evidenced, does not enforce a single one of them and don't even bat an eyelid to it when the community has to constantly e-mail them and write on the forum.

Why should everyone else follow the Ts & Cs when Bohemia will not enforce them?

Technically, BI _have_ enforced them.

They've had a word with the A3L team and told them to stop taking donations.

Nailed it.

Technically, BI _have_ enforced them.

They've had a word with the A3L team and told them to stop taking donations.

Nailed it.

Yeah and A3L still did, they just reworded it and continued to tell people they would get on closed beta if you donated $30 or more.

So let me understand, if I re-upload contents of other people (and even other games covered by copyright) and I gently ask for donations without give anything to the original authors, and I make money out of it, it's legal?

Holy shi*, looks like some good business there. :dancehead:

It has been like that since long time, even with A2 we already had some servers with reserved slots (read vehicles) for donators or somekind of vip members.

After Dayz and now Altis Life it has become more pronounced, since the vast majority of the servers operate like this.

Servers are expensive, if the donations are helping to pay the servers and if these groups that use this type of donation systems make public the donation goals and the donations, maybe (not sure) there is nothing wrong with it. Otherwise it can be seen merely as a way for profit.

I find the level of support that Bohemia has shown to this issue very concerning. Content providers such as those who have been victim to this 'scandal' really are the ones who give this game its value. I don't see how a blind eye has been turned to the fact that a group of people stole others work and claimed it as there own, only to sell this to players.

If Bohemia are not capable to act as a governing body to the content creating community, and enforce basic rules such as "No stealing others work" then they need to recruit people who can.

If no sanctions is provided to the A3L team, I see no reason why content creators should continue to provide high quality extensions to a game when the developers clearly undervalues their work, and the value they bring.