takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

Piece of advice for the future.

NEVER USE ANYONE WHO WAS ON BRITISH TV IN THE 1970s FOR ANYTHING, EVER!

Now to be back on topic, I doubt youtubers will take videos down until requested by Youtube or Google or whoever runs Youtube these days, in fact the more interest this story generates the more people will watch their videos so I suspect they'll leave them up for as long as possible.

But.... The Chuckle Brothers are :icon_dj: As a Brit who grew up watching this, it was brainwashing :(

Now to be back on topic, I doubt youtubers will take videos down until requested by Youtube or Google or whoever runs Youtube these days, in fact the more interest this story generates the more people will watch their videos so I suspect they'll leave them up for as long as possible.

I agree with this, its their way in making money and I'm sure they would hate to lose out on large sums of views.

Edited by deltagamer

Piece of advice for the future.

I was going to remain a popcorn munching lurker in this thread but this just takes the biscuit. Dont you dare bad mouth the Chuckle Brothers!

They were my childhood heroes :(

Edit: for the sake of posting something vaguely relevant to the thread - Down with this sort of thing!

Edit: for the sake of posting something vaguely relevant to the thread - Down with this sort of thing!

Agreed. Take them down.

I'm very sad about situation.I use to enjoy a3l development blog...

But now I know all those models are stolen from various games.

Edited by enex

You guys are barking up the wrong tree.

I am sure everyone would love for you elaborate on why we are "barking up the wrong tree".

I am sure everyone would love for you elaborate on why we are "barking up the wrong tree".

Steven thinks he's the forum enforcer.

Steven thinks he's the forum enforcer.

I think he just wants to know why this guy thinks we are "barking up the wrong tree"

Criticizing someone without providing any reasons for that criticism is pointless.

You guys are barking up the wrong tree.

This could be interpreted as there being a more direct, more efficient way of dealing with the concerns at hand. It doesn't necessarily need to be a contradictory comment.

Could you elaborate please?

This could be interpreted as there being a more direct, more efficient way of dealing with the concerns at hand. It doesn't necessarily need to be a contradictory comment.

Could you elaborate please?

This exactly. I wasn't sure if MDCCLXXVI meant people are doing it wrong or if they shouldn't be doing it at all.

Edited by deltagamer

Seems opening their mod to "open beta" and having to accept applications pretty much has become a downfall for the mod as DevilDogGamer stated:

Its a cluster fuck i will be distancing myself from them as the community has turned into a giant altis life team death match and i see nothing close to the "whole new level of roleplaying" that is promised

This is why the punishments in every Life mod are way too low, people dont want to earn money if they just can do it illegally and get small fine or 30 minutes in jail for it, and big clans will break their people out in seconds anyway.

After all these pages, I am yet to realize the true motivation behind this whole fuss.

There are some other groups running Altis Life servers requiring donations to unlock some "special features" or for accessing in to some "special group", some of them also using some of these mods.

Is there any particular reason for this issue to be so ferociously raised against this specific group, leaving the others outside?

Just to be clear, I am not defending, attacking or accusing any group in particular, just trying to understand.

After all these pages, I am yet to realize the true motivation behind this whole fuss.

There are some other groups running Altis Life servers requiring donations to unlock some "special features" or for accessing in to some "special group", some of them also using some of these mods.

Is there any particular reason for this issue to be so ferociously raised against this specific group, leaving the others outside?

Just to be clear, I am not defending, attacking or accusing any group in particular, just trying to understand.

Copyright infringement.

It was kind of discussed on this thread. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181169-People-profiting-from-donation-servers-with-Ingame-rewards

It might be worth a try to check it out, that is most likely what you are talking about.

Basically, ArmA 3 life, the specific community, has been taking assets made by modders not related to their mod, and putting it in their mission without their permission. Normally this isn't that big of an issue, but the A3L devs are claiming the modders assets as their own, something that is both frowned upon and to my knowledge, illegal.

But that is just the tip of the iceberg. Not only are they stealing these assets and claiming them as their own, but they are also monetizing and making money off of the stolen works. A3L has (unless they removed it recently) a donation system where if you donate $30, you get access to the closed beta test of the mod. Even though it is called a "donation", you effectively are paying to play the game, which uses assets stolen from modders and even some games (Such as the bus from Crysis 2).

So as if stealing other peoples works wasn't enough, they then had to go on ahead and make money off of them. Which is 100% against the law, not to mention immoral.

Basically, ArmA 3 life, the specific community, has been taking assets made by modders not related to their mod, and putting it in their mission without their permission. Normally this isn't that big of an issue, but the A3L devs are claiming the modders assets as their own, something that is both frowned upon and to my knowledge, illegal.

But that is just the tip of the iceberg. Not only are they stealing these assets and claiming them as their own, but they are also monetizing and making money off of the stolen works. A3L has (unless they removed it recently) a donation system where if you donate $30, you get access to the closed beta test of the mod. Even though it is called a "donation", you effectively are paying to play the game, which uses assets stolen from modders and even some games (Such as the bus from Crysis 2).

So as if stealing other peoples works wasn't enough, they then had to go on ahead and make money off of them. Which is 100% against the law, not to mention immoral.

Caiden doesn't have any morals. He will do what he thinks is right in his own deluded mind. I just hope Tonic has some luck with their host and gets the servers shut down asap.

wow so i just got back from a weeks vacation stalking deer in the forest... and found my humble question here has finally been resolved... by a diligent and well-motivated community. Thanks guys for keeping the fire lit until the abuse of content and users has been rightly shunned from the BIS forum.

Result.

Still, if they continue to secretly charge, and for RH's guns and Tonics code etc it's not gonna be easy to get them stopped, without a robust strategy, and ideally some further support from BIS.

Good effort lads.

wow so i just got back from a weeks vacation stalking deer in the forest... and found my humble question here has finally been resolved... by a diligent and well-motivated community. Thanks guys for keeping the fire lit until the abuse of content and users has been rightly shunned from the BIS forum.

Result.

Still, if they continue to secretly charge, and for RH's guns and Tonics code etc it's not gonna be easy to get them stopped, without a robust strategy, and ideally some further support from BIS.

Good effort lads.

Welcome back. Yes unfortunately it seems Caiden is refusing completely to remove the content that we have proven he does not have rights for and even the owner has asked for it to be removed and yet he still refuses.

I don't feel it's necessary to comment on the evidence already presented regarding the stealing of others work, I'd only end up repeating what others have already said.

However, I do feel that ArmA3Life being able to continue operating in the way that it has will only offer a detrimental effect on the community in the long run. Not only the policies they have employed, which I consider unethical, but also their unwillingness to communicate with other members of the community in a mature manner (or even at all) to attend voiced concerns.

In addition, this thread alone shows the immense value of the ArmA community.

I feel that Content Creators demands should be upheld by BIS. One cant help but feel BIS is just sitting there not listening to the people who make ArmA what it is.

Well, if Bohemia aren't gonna do anything about this then everyone will start servers and demand a payment prior to letting you access it.

My thoughts exactly friend, BIS need to make an example of A3L before their habits spread to other communities and make ArmA a pay-to-play multiplayer game :(