takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

How is this still going on....

Caidan defense just keep changing

Donation wise

First it was everyone was Donating -> Tonic Mission had Donating at one point -> Donating doesn't effect interviews to get Beta Access -> forgot to update website with perks

You were blatantly ignoring Arma Content Rules

Code wise

Tonic code is opensource -> someone pointed out the non-commerical / no derivatives parts to the license -> blah Tonic stole our code so is ok to steal his code.

You are ignoring a legal license, because you believe your code was stolen...

Seriously prove it.. Tonic Code is on github not hard to link parts you believe are stolen etc (why show arma stolen code)

Community are the people that make SQF Code, you show a segment of code, that may have come from a forum post that both Life missions might have used etc...

All i have seen code wise, is Tonic showing GUI Code comparisons + he even mentions were the images came from + who gave permission for usage etc..

-----------------

Please stop acting like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar...

Changing your defense / reasons for your actions is just not helping...

Different Addon / Mod Authors are already telling you to stop using their Addons/Mods

Honestly SQF Code is not hard, Arma Dialogs are a pain though :P

Just either start from scratch or use your old mission as a base and start to update the code etc...

Btw, congrats first time i ever regretted releasing something as open-source.

If i had rights to pull your rights in using extDB i would do so in a heart-beat

How is this still going on....

Caidan defense just keep changing

Donation wise

First it was everyone was Donating -> Tonic Mission had Donating at one point -> Donating doesn't effect interviews to get Beta Access -> forgot to update website with perks

You were blatantly ignoring Arma Content Rules

Code wise

Tonic code is opensource -> someone pointed out the non-commerical / no derivatives parts to the license -> blah Tonic stole our code so is ok to steal his code.

You are ignoring a legal license, because you believe your code was stolen...

Seriously prove it.. Tonic Code is on github not hard to link parts you believe are stolen etc (why show arma stolen code)

Community are the people that make SQF Code, you show a segment of code, that may have come from a forum post that both Life missions might have used etc...

All i have seen code wise, is Tonic showing GUI Code comparisons + he even mentions were the images came from + who gave permission for usage etc..

-----------------

Please stop acting like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar...

Changing your defense / reasons for your actions is just not helping...

Different Addon / Mod Authors are already telling you to stop using their Addons/Mods

Honestly SQF Code is not hard, Arma Dialogs are a pain though :P

Just either start from scratch or use your old mission as a base and start to update the code etc...

Btw, congrats first time i ever regretted releasing something as open-source.

If i had rights to pull your rights in using extDB i would do so in a heart-beat

+1. Caiden might respond the same way to you as he did to Tonic and tell you to take your own life. But definitely agree with the post.

Has Bohemia said anything about the matter yet?

Not yet, but it aught to be darn interesting what they have to make of all this.

Not yet, but it aught to be darn interesting what they have to make of all this.

They are already aware of the situation and apparently they are in talks with A3L regarding this issue. However after one issue is talked about, about another 3 arise. Copyright seems to be a massive issue now.

They are already aware of the situation and apparently they are in talks with A3L regarding this issue. However after one issue is talked about, about another 3 arise. Copyright seems to be a massive issue now.

Hmmm. Well, ill keep an eye on this, i really hope they make an example out of them. But in the meanwhile, i need to go check my next bag of popcorn. The last was slightly brunt.

Kill yourself please. This community doesn't know half the shit you pulled on us.

You should kill yourself instead thief.

Edited by 5150Joker

You should kill yourself you fucking thief.

Edit your post before a moderator sees it. Do not copy what he did, it's not worth it.

Stolen from CityLifeRPG? stolen from TCG? Lol, I think it's quite the opposite. This thread is getting funnier by the minute and full of shit. I'm enjoying this :bounce3:

Stolen from CityLifeRPG? stolen from TCG? Lol, I think it's quite the opposite. This thread is getting funnier by the minute and full of shit. I'm enjoying this :bounce3:

Quite the opposite yeah? That explains how the content on CityLifeRPG was created before you even released it in the A3L mod. Anyway you have a few things to remove such as the RH Pistol Pack and RH M4/M16 pack which has been expressed by the author.

Quite the opposite yeah? That explains how the content on CityLifeRPG was created before you even released it in the A3L mod. Anyway you have a few things to remove such as the RH Pistol Pack and RH M4/M16 pack which has been expressed by the author.

Where is the evidence? Good luck finding any because we haven't stolen shit from them. The author cannot force me to remove addons unless we broke the license, which we didn't. And don't start that commercial shit story again.

Nobody will have his addons removed from our mod, they are available publicly on armaholic and we have not broken anyone's license.

kthxbai.

and what about this ? ripped model from crysis 2 ?

Video 1 of Arma 3:Life where players drive with the bus from crysis 2: youtube.com/watch?v=Rgm16WdHb2k

Video 2 of Arma 3:Life where players drive with the bus from crysis 2: youtube.com/watch?v=KlFWN1sQKeI

Crysis 2 original shot from story mode: igcd.net/images/035/946.jpg

but eh eh, this is not real eh, this is just a illusion eh eh eh :D

PS: crytek has knowledge about this and will (hopefully) take action. one of the devs wrote me:

Thanks for the info. Removed this from public view as it doesn't need to get more attention than it already is.

Cheers,

Adam.

and this my friend is not a illusion, this is the end of your mod.

i contacted paypal and they answered too (its german since i live in germany and wrote the email in german):

Vielen Dank für Ihre Mitteilung an PayPal und die Meldung eines möglichen Verstoßes gegen unsere Nutzungsrichtlinien.

Wir werden die genannten Webseiten sowie damit möglicherweise in Verbindung stehende PayPal-Konten genauestens überprüfen und die in diesem Fall geeigneten Schritte unternehmen.

Aufgrund von Datenschutzbestimmungen können wir keine Einzelheiten zum Ergebnis dieser Überprüfung oder möglicher Konsequenzen daraus bekanntgeben und hoffen in dieser Sache auf Ihr Verständnis. Ihre Informationen werden dabei selbstverständlich vertraulich behandelt.

Nachfolgend finden Sie einen Auszug aus unseren Richtlinien zu der von Ihnen gemeldeten Artikeln:

Im Rahmen der PayPal-Nutzungsrichtlinie darf PayPal nicht dafür verwendet werden, Zahlungen für Artikel, die Urheberrechte, Markenrechte, Rechte auf Öffentlichkeit oder Privatsphäre oder andere Eigentumsrechte gemäß den Gesetzen jeder Rechtsprechung verletzen zu senden oder zu empfangen.

Dazu gehören Transaktion für Geräte oder technische Maßnahmen, die zerhackte Informationen enthacken, verschlüsselte Informationen entschlüsseln oder auf andere Weise Informationen und Maßnahmen ohne Zustimmung des Urhebers umgeht, entfernt, deaktiviert oder behindert.

Dazu gehören auch Transaktionen für Geräte und technische Maßnahmen, die es lokalen Spielekonsolen ermöglicht, importierte Spiele abzuspielen, wie z.B. sg. Mod Chips oder Game Enhancer; Software-Pakete die Kopierschutz von DVD’s, HD DVD’s oder Blu-Ray DVD’s entfernen und das Kopieren der Daten erlauben; und das Nutzen von Karten, die es möglich machen, mehrere Pay-TV-Kanäle mit nur einem Kartenzugang zu benutzen.

Wir danken Ihnen für Ihre aktive Unterstützung von PayPal und wissen die zur Verfügung gestellten Informationen zu schätzen.

Die gesamten Nutzungsrichtlinien finden Sie unter folgender Adresse:

https://cms.paypal.com/de/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/AcceptableUse_full&locale.x=de_DE

Weitere Informationen zu unseren Nutzungsrichtlinien finden Sie auch in unserem Hilfe-Center oder unter:

https://www.paypal.com/de/cgi-bin/helpweb?cmd=_help

Wir danken Ihnen nochmals für Ihre Mithilfe. Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung. Bitte wenden Sie sich dazu an unsere Abteilung für Nutzungsrichtlinien unter euaup@paypal.de.

and this will be the end of your "i earn money with stolen content" action.

idk what will happen to you, i am sure your mod will be shut down sooner or later since companies and paypal are investigating it and even BI, i am also sure the money you stole from people will also 1. be taken or 2. will given back 3. will be secured

these things are sure now, but i ask myself what will happen to you, i bet you will suicide when u get post from lawyers or court :D

my last words:

R.I.H Caidan

R.I.H A3:Life "Devteam" (or better: steal team)

R.I.H A3:Life "Mod" (or better: compilation of stolen content)

(R.I.H = Rest In Hell).

Where is the evidence? Good luck finding any because we haven't stolen shit from them. The author cannot force me to remove addons unless we broke the license, which we didn't. And don't start that commercial shit story again.

Nobody will have his addons removed from our mod, they are available publicly on armaholic and we have not broken anyone's license.

kthxbai.

Please refer to the disclaimer section on both threads which clearly states "Do not edit or redistribute without explicit permission and NO commercial gain made by either renting, leasing or selling of this package."

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167618-RH-M4-M16-pack

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155859-RH-Pistol-pack

And if you really need evidence of the vehicles, I can show it to you right now as I checked this out for myself today. Here is the images comparing the models on both mods - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1mgaj0bgvvr7ky0/AAAe9ZSdaUpXzS4OVjviw5Taa?dl=0

I don't know what type of deluded mindset you have but you seriously need to reconsider what you are doing because sooner or later this is going to bite you in the arse.

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

kthxbai.

Actually do you know what, I seem to recall you saying that "there are too many stubborn people in this community" on another thread. How dare you say people are too stubborn when in reality YOU are the only one being stubborn. You think you can take whatever the fuck you want from anybody and claim it as your own to make a quick buck.

It's even funnier how when solid proof etc is given to you, you react in a violent manor and tell them to "kill themselves". You are supposed to be running a community to offer a FRIENDLY roleplay experience and the owner/founder is telling the ACTUAL AUTHORS of the work being used in your mod/scam (I'll let you decide what you want to class it as) to take their own lives because you don't like them feeding you the truth but your deluded mindset doesn't want to accept that.

How about you start making your own fucking content instead of stealing other peoples work which took them time and effort to fucking make just so you can make profit off it. You deserve to be removed from this community as you are not wanted. You do not contribute in any way possible but instead just piss a lot of people off. I aswell as everyone else is done with your bullshit.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Mitteilung an PayPal und die Meldung eines möglichen Verstoßes gegen unsere Nutzungsrichtlinien.

Wir werden die genannten Webseiten sowie damit möglicherweise in Verbindung stehende PayPal-Konten genauestens überprüfen und die in diesem Fall geeigneten Schritte unternehmen.

Aufgrund von Datenschutzbestimmungen können wir keine Einzelheiten zum Ergebnis dieser Überprüfung oder möglicher Konsequenzen daraus bekanntgeben und hoffen in dieser Sache auf Ihr Verständnis. Ihre Informationen werden dabei selbstverständlich vertraulich behandelt.

Nachfolgend finden Sie einen Auszug aus unseren Richtlinien zu der von Ihnen gemeldeten Artikeln:

Im Rahmen der PayPal-Nutzungsrichtlinie darf PayPal nicht dafür verwendet werden, Zahlungen für Artikel, die Urheberrechte, Markenrechte, Rechte auf Öffentlichkeit oder Privatsphäre oder andere Eigentumsrechte gemäß den Gesetzen jeder Rechtsprechung verletzen zu senden oder zu empfangen.

Dazu gehören Transaktion für Geräte oder technische Maßnahmen, die zerhackte Informationen enthacken, verschlüsselte Informationen entschlüsseln oder auf andere Weise Informationen und Maßnahmen ohne Zustimmung des Urhebers umgeht, entfernt, deaktiviert oder behindert.

Dazu gehören auch Transaktionen für Geräte und technische Maßnahmen, die es lokalen Spielekonsolen ermöglicht, importierte Spiele abzuspielen, wie z.B. sg. Mod Chips oder Game Enhancer; Software-Pakete die Kopierschutz von DVD’s, HD DVD’s oder Blu-Ray DVD’s entfernen und das Kopieren der Daten erlauben; und das Nutzen von Karten, die es möglich machen, mehrere Pay-TV-Kanäle mit nur einem Kartenzugang zu benutzen.

Wir danken Ihnen für Ihre aktive Unterstützung von PayPal und wissen die zur Verfügung gestellten Informationen zu schätzen.

Die gesamten Nutzungsrichtlinien finden Sie unter folgender Adresse:

https://cms.paypal.com/de/cgi-bin/?c...locale.x=de_DE

Weitere Informationen zu unseren Nutzungsrichtlinien finden Sie auch in unserem Hilfe-Center oder unter:

Wir danken Ihnen nochmals für Ihre Mithilfe. Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung. Bitte wenden Sie sich dazu an unsere Abteilung für Nutzungsrichtlinien unter euaup@paypal.de.

Here's the English version of the above post by havatan19, google translate is your friend :)

Thank you for your message to PayPal and the report of a possible violation of our usage guidelines .

We are the mentioned websites and thus possibly related PayPal accounts check carefully and take the proper steps in this case .

Due to privacy regulations, we may disclose any details of the outcome of the review or the possible consequences and hope in this matter for your understanding . Your information are treated confidentially.

Below is an excerpt from our policies to the reported articles you :

As part of the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy must not be used for PayPal to send or receive payments for items that copyrights, trademarks , rights of publicity or privacy or other proprietary rights under the laws violate any law .

These include transaction devices or technical measures , enthacken the hacked information , decrypt encrypted information or deal in any other way information and actions without the author's consent , removed , disabled or handicapped.

This includes transactions for equipment and technical measures , which allows local game consoles to play imported games , such as sg . Mod chips or Game Enhancer ; Remove software packages the copy protection from DVD 's , HD DVD's or Blu - Ray DVD's and allow the copying of the data ; and the benefit of maps that make it possible to use several pay-TV channels with only one card access .

Thank you for your active support of PayPal and know the information made available to estimate .

The entire service policies, see the following address :

https://cms.paypal.com/de/cgi-bin/?c...locale.x=de_DE

For more information about our usage policies can be found in our Help Center , or visit:

Thank you again for your help . For further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Please contact to our department for usage policies under euaup@paypal.de .

Here's the English version of the above post by havatan19, google translate is your friend :)

So in short, that basically tells everyone that "donated" (more like purchased) the Gold donator package to gain access is actually entitled to chargeback on their transaction as the product violates the 'PayPal Acceptable Use Policy'.

Lol, I think it's quite the opposite. This thread is getting funnier by the minute and full of shit. I'm enjoying this :bounce3:

Are you saying Crysis 2 stole your bus model? That's hard to believe, as it's probably been out longer than A3L... Also, all the evidence thus far shows that you are completely wrong. To deny it is simply rubbish, and you know it. It's basically a statement of how weak you are. Instead, you should try to be a man, unless your a small child, which i don't doubt given the way your acting, but try to at least own up to your mistakes and screw ups. Maybe it wasn't you as a person, or maybe it was. But evidence has been given, and it all points in your direction. HOWEVER, your probably way too deep in to make a turn around, so the least you could do is abide to the wishes of the modders who's mods you re using if any, and remove those from use, as well as apologizing to anyone who has been wronged, while you still can. i reckon you won't be around for much longer with the way your acting now, or what'll happen when PayPal, much less, BIS are done with you.

So in short, that basically tells everyone that "donated" (more like purchased) the Gold donator package to gain access is actually entitled to chargeback on their transaction as the product violates the 'PayPal Acceptable Use Policy'.

According to their policy the people who spent their money are entitled to some refund. So basically yeah you're correct. I'm not sure if PayPal will contact each individual who "donated" though, they may have to request the refund on their own accord.

According to their policy the people who spent their money are entitled to some refund. So basically yeah you're correct. I'm not sure if PayPal will contact each individual who "donated" though, they may have to request the refund on their own accord.

I am already in the middle of writing a nicely detailed e-mail to PayPal which I may post later on a Google Document for others to use.

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

Are you saying Crysis 2 stole your bus model? That's hard to believe, as it's probably been out longer than A3L... Also, all the evidence thus far shows that you are completely wrong. To deny it is simply rubbish, and you know it. It's basically a statement of how weak you are. Instead, you should try to be a man, unless your a small child, which i don't doubt given the way your acting, but try to at least own up to your mistakes and screw ups. Maybe it wasn't you as a person, or maybe it was. But evidence has been given, and it all points in your direction. HOWEVER, your probably way too deep in to make a turn around, so the least you could do is abide to the wishes of the modders who's mods you re using if any, and remove those from use, as well as apologizing to anyone who has been wronged, while you still can. i reckon you won't be around for much longer with the way your acting now, or what'll happen when PayPal, much less, BIS are done with you.

I will keep using this word to describe him, it fits him perfectly. Deluded.

---------- Post added at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

Oh and this shit hits the spot perfectly. http://gyazo.com/60f985efec19a9f624845acfbdf823e3

Caiden, I suggest compliance at this point. You've lost, and as the representative of the A3L team, you're either going to go down in a burning wreck, or you'll be writing beautifully plagiarized apology letters to mod authors, script authors, and crytek. These letters would more than likely include a statement that their content will be henceforth removed from your teams' mod-pack and missions, and you would express a deep concern on ways to fully resolve this issue legally.

what is this/what was there ?

Caiden asking registered users in the shoutbox on the A3L website how to fix an issue as he is clueless.

You should kill yourself instead thief.

oh for fucks sake. Joker, get the hell outta here. You were an asshole on the life server and you're an asshole now. s3kshun or whatever server you play on these days has absolutely nothing to do with this argument, so grow the fuck up. Shit, you're in your 30's or something like that, if I remember correctly, you know better than to drop down to the level of a damn teenager. shit.

i bet there is some kind of dayz code in a3l...

That would not surprise anybody my friend.

---------- Post added at 01:27 ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 ----------

Caiden, I suggest compliance at this point. You've lost, and as the representative of the A3L team, you're either going to go down in a burning wreck, or you'll be writing beautifully plagiarized apology letters to mod authors, script authors, and crytek. These letters would more than likely include a statement that their content will be henceforth removed from your teams' mod-pack and missions, and you would express a deep concern on ways to fully resolve this issue legally.

He's far to stubborn. He will not admit defeat and will not go down without the law taking him down. It's fine, let him suffer.

He's far to stubborn. He will not admit defeat and will not go down without the law taking him down. It's fine, let him suffer.

^This.

When one refuses to admit to something more clear than invisible glass, suffering is the only option to bring stubbornness to it's knees. Then he can't blame anyone but himself.

I would imagine the only people to take legal action (if any), will be dev's. It could be pretty costly to chase.

Very interesting thread this, but really the only ones going to get anything done, are those with the deeper pockets, I fear.. That's of course if any laws have been broken, or terms violated, proving that could be difficult too.

Getting a chargeback from PP, well yes, that will clear a problem for some, that's for sure.

Maybe more surprising than the thread issue, is someone getting a responce from PP, that has to be more or less a miracle, that's if it was a human responce, that is..;)