takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

As written in title thread. It's unbelievable how their operating, filled with lies and deceit. Stealing from other peoples work, flat out lying to cover it up and still continuing business as usual.

It's been over 3 days since this thread has been locked and was left open to show how slimy their entire operation is. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life/page31

Their just denying and delaying for as long as possible so they can continue profiting.

Still no sign of anything.

Well, you can't really just "take them down". They have their own server, their own website, and their own community. All that one can do on here is make sure that they cannot distribute "their" work on here.

Well, you can't really just "take them down". They have their own server, their own website, and their own community. All that one can do on here is make sure that they cannot distribute "their" work on here.

you can if BI hits them with a cease and desist order.

Wonder if that was to happen, does steam then disable the account or the ArmA3 part of steam running the servers and does the court also contact the isps running the servers ?

Popcorn time on this one :)

The irony is that all these poor fellows actually "donating" to play a game they have already bought don't actually seem to mind.

BL1P, their server host can be contacted and the server pulled, paypal or whatever they use for donations might be able to get involved since this entire operation is literally a scam, demanding $30 to get access to addons and a terrain that you can actually download off of armaholic or these very forums. They need to be stopped, for the sake of the community. They have nothing to hide behind, it's actually a very rare pure black and white case, and what they are doing is illegal, plain and simple.

The irony is that all these poor fellows actually "donating" to play a game they have already bought don't actually seem to mind.

This ^

My thoughts.

Taking people mods and resigning them is pretty low. They don't even credit anyone of the mods they stole.

But the worst offense is charging people money to play while saying they are "donations". It's a outright scam.

Edited by M1lkm8n

Maybe BI should do what they did with Day-Z - form another team and make a stand alone version of 'Arma Life' and start competing with Rockstar... ;)

Although I think there is nothing inherently illegal about a 'donation' system. It's still their server and their rules. It would be illegal if they would be stealing other people's work or requiring you to pay to play their game mode. Just my view.

Maybe BI should do what they did with Day-Z - form another team and make a stand alone version of 'Arma Life' and start competing with Rockstar... ;)

Although I think there is nothing inherently illegal about a 'donation' system. It's still their server and their rules. It would be illegal if they would be stealing other people's work or requiring you to pay to play their game mode. Just my view.

They are stealing other peoples work

They are stealing other peoples work

I think noob had a innocent moment of inattention

@ OP and others

I dont like all the life server stuff either, but here is the deal... either find evidence of this shit they are doing, or you cant affect them.

If you want them taken down for whatever they are doing... find some evidence, get videos of what they are doing... proof , or nothing will be done.

Though I dont doubt this very likley is happening (We all hear about it), in the eyes of the law and BI... its a baseless argument until that happens.

Edited by MikeTim

@ OP and others

I dont like all the life server stuff either, but here is the deal... either find evidence of this shit they are doing, or you cant affect them.

If you want them taken down for whatever they are doing... find some evidence, get videos of what they are doing... proof , or nothing will be done.

Though I dont doubt this very likley is happening (We all hear about it), in the eyes of the law and BI... its a baseless argument until that happens.

You see that smd_artif_obj pbo they are using....I made that...they didn't ask for mine or nonovurbizniz's permission to use or resign it and distribute it...that's stealing

I never said they dont steal work...

It is stealing...they shouldnt be doing this stuff, but im not the person you need to prove it to, if they stole your pbo then report them to BI.. Sorry If I am being ignorant about how that works, but I wouldnt know how "reporting" them is done.

Maybe all the people who have had their work stolen should made a thread of "proof" or something, to actually get them taken down. ( And who knows how many modders dont know their stuff was used)'

(edit: May I suggest you show a side by side pic or something of your object and the one they supposedly claim to be theirs)

Edited by MikeTim

It's a outright scam.

Nah, just a bad attempt at pretending to be non-commercial.

But the entire thing being... you cant be commerical on arma 3, its another parties (BI) product.

(Not to mention the modders stuff as well, which is under Intellectual property)

noob1 I suggest you read the forum link I posted just to get a taste of what's happening here.

How many times do they have to be told that they can't forcefully charge a fee to join. They've said they removed the donator system on multiple occasions and still continue charging. Would you ask a murderer to just stop killing and you can be on your merry way. That's not how it works, they've proven themselves as liers a 1000x over. It's over, it's done. It's terrible for the community how there running this. I'm sure the fraud that's running this scheme has a big poster on his wall that reads, Step 1. Steal others hard work Step 2. Flat out lie Step 3. Rake in profits Step 4. Rinse and Repeat, Deny and Delay.

MikeTim, There's endless evidence, in that forum post there's evidence of them stealing Tonic's work as well.

By the way, they haven't only stole ArmA 3 models. They took models from other games to, for example: boats from Ship Simulator: Extremes.

Takus, if there is "endless evidence" lets compile it, congregating this info is the best way to get a solid base to present to BI what they are doing.

Just remember that it doesnt come down to if they are bad people or whatever, its about the legality.

(edit: dreamrebel can you show a picture? That way it can be "confirmed")

Edited by MikeTim

A large issue that needs to be addressed is that their no longer just a small group. I asked a moderator that there website only shows 30k members and that it was capped and was curious how many actual members they have. He laughed and proudly told me they have well over 200k members. That same mod told me they had a DDOS attack on the server. They did some research and discovered his IP address, and found that he logged in multiple times to the website and TS server that same day. They reversed IP search and found he resided in the UK. They were able to find where he resided and his home number. It turned out it was just a kid and started harassing his father to make sure it never happened again.

I have recordings, but I'm to worried that the same thing will happen to me. That they don't like how I'm speaking negatively about there server, what's to stop them from calling my family members? Nothing.

Edited by takus

They cant trace you through your forum post, they arent NSA agents lol.

Unless you DDOS them from your comptuer (Like that fellow did, DDOS is sending a spam of pings which reveals your IP 3000 times a second) your fine.

They dont have acess to your IP through the BIstudio forums or anything, no need to worry about their "keyboard warrior mafia", if you log on their A3L forums... that is a different story.

And what are they going to say "some relative of yours has been speaking negativley about our server on a video game" ... really though.

Edited by MikeTim

I understand they can't trace me back to a forum post, but they can if I reveal my identity through a video. They seem to do whatever they want anyways so I was just raising concern.

Not really sure... It depends how they are able to "link this back" to you...

I am sorry that you are put in such a dilemma, and from what you said they may be willing to stoop to as low as harassment...

Yeah I can see your concern, well I would recommend you try to do it as anomalously as you can...

Maybe some other forum users are willing to help you out here... Not sure what can be done :confused:

I'll see what I can do MikeTim.

I also received an email from Jan Libich from Bohemia Support.

Hello,

Thank you, we already know about Arma 3 Life and are doing all necessary steps

to stop their outrageous behavior.

Hoping we can get enough like minded people here to speed up the process.

My thoughts.

Taking people mods and resigning them is pretty low. They don't even credit anyone of the mods they stole.

But the worst offense is charging people money to play while saying they are "donations". It's a outright scam.

I can guarantee that if anyone did this to me I'd find them, beat the everloving shit out of them, and then Office Space their electronics.

I feel you, bro.