Sign in to follow this  
ikeaster

Need help mixing sound mods.

Hello. I'm looking for some help. I've been trying to mix the Arma3 JSRS with some of the sounds from acex_sm. I know that the ace sound mod is from Arma 2, but I've seen people used a mixed version, and it's sounds amazing.

If anyone knows how to mix this stuff that would be very helpful.

but I've seen people used a mixed version, and it's sounds amazing.

You should be asking them how they did it, but to mix them you can open up the pbo files of the files you want to use, and look at the requirements,

they will say what files are required to run the sounds, and those files are usually the base game files in the addons folder,

some files may require other files from the sound mod itself, depends.

So files from arma2Co, and Arma3 requirements you need to look at the deal with weapon sounds.

Best thing to do imo to do this is open a sound mod you like for both games, then locate a core type file for each mod and look at

what requirements they have, heres an example from SOS Arma3 sound mod

what i did, I located the file speed of sound_core file, then located the cfg patches.hpp in it is this:

// Generated by unRap v1.06 by Kegetys
class CfgPatches {
class SpeedOfSound_core {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	[b]requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Weapons_F", "Extended_EventHandlers"};[/b]
	version = "B";
	projectName = "SpeedOfSound";
	authors = "BigPickle";
};
};

So according to this file the mod requires A3_Weapons_F and Extended_EventHandlers which is basically CBA_A3 i believe.

For a single weapon for a sound mod, lets say you wanted the sound from SOS, the gun Rook, which is the CSAT 9mm pistol to open you need to do this:

1. use pbomanager to open the pbo http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369&highlight=PBO%2BMANAGER

2. once the pbo is open you need to locate the proper files, once you open the file you want, then you need to locate the config.bin if it dont have one and it has a CfgPatches.cpp

then you can just open that with notepad or wordpad and it will list the info you need which is the required addons, if it has a config.bin then you need the urap tool

or you can use this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11827&highlight=UNRAP

3. once you have the config.bin urapped a bunch of files will show, one your after is the cfgpatches,cpp that will tell you what addons

are required for that particular weapon.

============

So for Arma2CO do the same as above, locate the files you want and then look at the requirements, from there what you can do is change the requirements

to the file to use the Arma3 one, you may want to make a copy of the pbo to use that file just so you dont mess up the original, but I also suggest looking at other files and make sure there aren't any other requirements.

Overall I'm not 100% on all of this, the process for looking at the required files is correct, but changing the requirements, I never tried it, and idk if that would be the right approach or the way to do it, imo thats what i'd try anyways and then test to see if anything works then review your rpt to see what its telling you, and obviously ingame if you cant hear the sound from Arma2CO mod in Arma3 then obviously something isn't working and requirements from something is not being met. Maybe best to ask a sound modder like Lord jarhead himself from JSRS he could tell you.

But hope that at least gives you some ideas of how to approach what your trying to do.

So basically, lets say, open JSRS and change the sounds? for example? Ive been wanting to change AmrA3 sounds also but I have no idea. Another chap suggested I do that.