John Spartan

F/a-18x black wasp

Congratulations for the effort. Anyways for me you are the 1st winner.

Congratulations!

I wonder what is the purpose with the MFD Laser mode? Can you lock on a target and follow the missile or the bomb hitting the target?

Edited by Nikiforos

@All - once more thanks for all the support.

@Nikiforos - if you have noticed then with "Heli DLC" there is a new "pilot camera" mode added we are testing and trying to utilize it as a TGT pod for a single seat aircraft. What you see at the moment is a unfinished concept [in settings for controls/common controls/multifunctional camera key]. What we were thinking is to see where BI's Devs are taking the idea and then adapting to use on our single seaters, so be patient with this.

Hello,

congratulations!

I was wondering if you have made some progress on your side project uss freedom?

Perhaps show us some screenshots ? Now when "make arma not war" competition is over will you be focusing more on the side project?

Thank you for answer.

Just using this as an occasion to congratulate you guys, John_Spartan and Saul, both on the win and on the aircraft addons.

Fantastic work fellows.

@All - once more thanks for all the support.

@Nikiforos - if you have noticed then with "Heli DLC" there is a new "pilot camera" mode added we are testing and trying to utilize it as a TGT pod for a single seat aircraft. What you see at the moment is a unfinished concept [in settings for controls/common controls/multifunctional camera key]. What we were thinking is to see where BI's Devs are taking the idea and then adapting to use on our single seaters, so be patient with this.

Thank you , it would be awesome if you can make it happen :)

Is anyone else unable to use the Eject function in the aircraft currently? Or does it require CBA or some such to properly initialize?

The option to eject simply isnt there for me. Is it hotkeyed perhaps to a user button?

One issue myself is that the service menu is bound to the q key with this being my + thrust and i rather not move that thrust key after hours of setting up my keybinds, it says its in the user 10 key but there is nothing there, so i tried binding it to a open key i had, worked on this but annoyingly still opened the service menu when i press Q,

Any solutions?:j:

@Mike - try to rebind the "User20" key for service menu access- I think we have made a slight error on pilots manual page with latest version.

@Nerdwing - Ejection is by default binded to a standard eject key. No additional addons are required for it function correctly. Are you using STABLE game branch?

John_Spartan

I was wondering if you have made some progress on your side project uss freedom?

I didn't found any other references to it.

Thank you.

@Mike - try to rebind the "User20" key for service menu access- I think we have made a slight error on pilots manual page with latest version.

@Nerdwing - Ejection is by default binded to a standard eject key. No additional addons are required for it function correctly. Are you using STABLE game branch?

I too cannot eject while using any of the plane mods (SU-35,A-10,F-18's) , the canopy flies off and thats it

I can only eject if my speed is 0

@OfficerAMR - I will need some details [stable/dev branch & version of mod] Latest version released is available on Armaholic and steam is 0.99. It is compatible with stable game version only. Also we have noticed that AGM mod can cause a lot of errors/compatibility issues. Issue you are describing was indeed happening with 0.98 version of this mod, and was resolved with 0.99 version, unless new game patch has changed something I am not aware of.

@OfficerAMR - I will need some details [stable/dev branch & version of mod] Latest version released is available on Armaholic and steam is 0.99. It is compatible with stable game version only. Also we have noticed that AGM mod can cause a lot of errors/compatibility issues. Issue you are describing was indeed happening with 0.98 version of this mod, and was resolved with 0.99 version, unless new game patch has changed something I am not aware of.

I had this problem before i got AGM

I have the most most updated versions of all of your aircraft

1.40.129553 is the build of my game and the game says its stable

I have noticed however that when you use Peral's A-10 along side any of your mods the canopy's of the jets dissipear and the aircraft displays stop working.

However i have the eject problem regardless of the A-10 being placed on a map

*******EDIT********: I've fixed it for the F-18 E/F and SU-35, it seemed like TMR was messing with it. F18x and a10 still broken

Edited by OfficerAMR

Nope, I was using the dev build and that was causing a problem. Now I'm ejecting after every succesful sortie on the tarmac, just because the animation looks awesome :)

Fantastic work, and a well-deserved winner of the prize.

@All - rgr on feedback. DEV branch is hard to follow and sometimes it's is creating a mess. I also I understand that people want to test some new toys they paid for a bit earlier. As for F/A18X ejection being different from Su35 or E/F versions then I can say it cant be - they all have identical code, so either mod is not compatible with something else, or game branch or none of them would work because of STABLE platform update/change. To solve the puzzle then I will need to see RPT files for the session's with errors lads. Please send me a PM with the log file.

Would you consider adding any Hydra and Zuni rockets?

Anyone else notice when FA 18 x BW respawns it does not respawn in the same direction? I have tested several time with different templates same results. All other jets work fine just black wasp doing this. Any ideas what would be the cause? local works fine, problems on dedicated server side.
@Devil = We will look into this, probably just a small bug. Can you elaborate on this though? Though it is respawning in the wrong direction, is it random? Is it a 180? etc, etc.

The nose of the "FA18 X BW" is compass bearing 140 SE, on respawn the front direction becomes bearing 20 NE. So moved clockwise 225º on respawn from the original position.
@deVilspaWn - that will be addressed with next update, but its added to our TO DO list

Any news on the fix for this respawn issue? We removed this mod from our server a while back ago until there was a update, have tried to use again and still the same issue. Tried to place with zeus and it flips out. Unable to re-align.

Any word on the custom tail insignia's? Or even what units will be portrayed?

Edited by SuperFastBlast

@All - Currently John and I are still undecided one which units may be protrayed. Our current project is taking up a lot of our time and unfortunately the F18X is suffering because of this. This does not mean that work has stopped, just slowed. We will keep you all up to date as things progress.

@devil - As of the most recent update (0.99) I have not been able to reproduce the spawning issue on a hosted server via scripts or Zeus. John and I will do another test run to varify our findings but it is entirely possible that another mod or script that you or your community is using is conflicting with the F18X spawn.