John Spartan

F/a-18x black wasp

@Dragon - The odds of a two seater variant of the Black Wasp is extremely low mostly due to our current projects (John and I haven't even reached our goals with the F18X as is) and also due the wasp would require extensive remodeling, texturing, and scripting. It's not to say it may never happen but as things stand right now with John and myself we have no plans for a two seater.

@All - Here is a small preview of what is to come with future update 1.0 of the Black Wasp.

GAe4j2Ht.jpg

We are currently in the process of upgrading most of the textures for the Wasp with (as you can see in the image) the introduction of a modern U.S. Navy color scheme. Unfortunately I can't say when update 1.0 will be released as 1.0 will be a big update but we are setting a goal of early summer at the earliest.

One thing though I would love to ask from the community is this.

What squadrons do you think should be represented in a 2035 U.S. Navy?

Post your answers below and we will take the best ones (probably no more then 3 or 4) and will add them to the mod.

VFA-103 Jolly Rogers, gotta have them bone's! And maybe the Sundowners, retired or not their birds had some sweet paint schemes.

Agree, Jolly Rogers are a must. Furthermore I'd suggest VFA-31 Tomcatters, VFA-2 Bounty Hunters (2nd F-14 squadron), VFA-14 Top Hatters, VFA-41 Black Aces......

VFA-137 Kestrels, VFA-146 Blue Diamonds, VFA-14 Tophatters, VFA-147 Argonauts, VFA-192 Golden Dragons, VFA-106 Gladiators, VFA-86 Sidewinders, VFA-102 Diamondbacks, VFA-151 Vigilantes, VFA-83 Rampagers, VFA-131 Wildcats, VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet and VFA-115 Eagles.

I know it's a long list, but it would be awesome to have at least one of those. To be honest I don't know which ones are in service and which ones aren't, but in my opinion those are nice paint schemes :)

Edited by Red_Spring

VFA-103 Jolly Rogers

VFA-105 Gunslingers

VFA-102 Diamondbacks

VFA-213 Black Lions

VFA-143 Pukin Dogs

VFA-31 Tomcatters

VFA-41 Black Aces

Also...why not create your own fictional squadron? Give it a wee bit of backstory and make up it's livery for fun?

These would be my short list of choices to pick from. Whatever we get though, I'm all good for!

Edited by JackGallows

Noticed that if you kill INDEP units with F/A 18 X they counts as "Friendly" kills (despite the fact INDEP is friendly towards OPFOR in that mission)

Happens only with 18X, E and F is unaffected.

@Rlex - pretty sure that is a mission maker issue and not the mods.

Any way to disable the gear up on catapult launch on the nimitz? it causes the gear to go up before the plane is off of the nimitz resulting in the plane exploding

Also a VFA - 136 Knighthawks skin would be amazing

Well deserved 3rd place. Your planes are super quality stuff!

I can't believe you guys lost to a radio and an island, I thought you should've been number 1. Oh well, at least you got some recognition from BI, and a very nice cash price :).

I can't believe you guys lost to a radio and an island, I thought you should've been number 1. Oh well, at least you got some recognition from BI, and a very nice cash price :).

Nono, let's not start an envy contest or belittle other participants. Congratulations to all, well done folks!

Congrats guys on the 3rd place finish, I personally prefer your aircraft over the other two addons, so your number 1 in my book (no cash bonus i'm afraid)

Congratulations John & Saul!!!! So happy to see all of you guys' selfless work pay dividends!!!! the future looks promising

First off John and I would like to say thank you all for the wonderful support. For over two years now John and I have worked tirelessly to bring the best quality aircraft mods that we can make. We know however that without the community we would not be where we are today.

John and I would also like to congratulate our fellow winners in the competition, to the finalists as well as our fellow competitors for all of the great addons and missions. Together we have raised the bar for the mod community of Arma and have set the examples of what to work up to. I see a bright future of the mod community so lets keep’em coming.

With all that said, thank you all again for the wonderful support and good hunting gents.

GLSALVe.png

Edited by Saul