John Spartan

F/a-18x black wasp

@Saul, thanks for the heads up, will make sure to test again and confirm if i can see/ hear impact.

As for multiple JDAM drops, yes in DCS that is fully possible, but it does require quite some input and programing before you run in on target.

Maybe it can be solved by simply cycling thru targets set by the GPS/INS function ( same way you would cycle other active targets now ) ?

Would be awsome if we in the future could make a WP system on the MFCD, but again not sure how realistic it is.

The UAV have this so you can click several WP for it to follow, and i have read somewhere that its in the works for players too, but not seen any news about it.

hey guys I love your fa18 mods now for the important request is there any way you guys would be willing to create a cbu for the weapons loadouts

hello , great job with your f18 , if you can make a hud like in this video , and improve the speed of the cannon

Well, time to retire the old F/A 18E and F and time to start training on the F/A18X! :)

Just one question.....I can't locate the gun, where is it?

Maybe since it is fictional you might add a Royal Navy/RAF skin?

Edited by Jonathan0434

Getting a error when using the FA18X, and ejection seat failure when bailing out. Requesting investigation and possible refit in the Spartan-Saul Factory :)

Is this mod going to be supported for future Arma 3 vers? I'm trying to put together a couple of A2A, CAS / SERE missions and am wanting to use the FA18X. The Wasp has been broken for about 1.5 mos, looks like a change with Arma 3 ver update broke the ejection system and it appears JDAM func screen (plot target in MFD GPS map...release weapon and it dumb falls to ground / no guidance). Also getting FA18X config error spam.

Please let me know. Been on hold waiting for update...Noticed FA18 had received updates that fixed ejection issues. As it is now I cant get the Wasp to fulfill two of the mission reqs (JDAM CAS & Bailout). Don't want to build a whole lot more if I'm gonna need to redo with old FA18 or Wipeout (I hate running down all the addon dependency trails in the mission files.

Thanks Guys,

B

Getting a error when using the FA18X, and ejection seat failure when bailing out. Requesting investigation and possible refit in the Spartan-Saul Factory :)

+1

when I click "eject", the cockpit goes off but not the seat / pilot.

Plus, when I play with this plane (in the editor for example), I got an error message popping up.

Maybe due to 1.38 version?

@All - An update is coming which will fix most if not all errors with the black wasp and 1.38. Please be patient, this is not the only thing we are working on.

Cool cool. Tnx for the heads up. Will put my mission on the back burner for a bit.

Thanks for the awesome work you guys!

B

I've never seen a plane - addon for ArmA 3 that I liked at first attempt as good as this. It fits perfectly in the timeline of ARMA 3, that there are errors in a beta is no problem for me. However, I would wish me a small thing, if this is possible. I do not know if that's even possible, but maybe you could use the surfacetextures with which BIS makes these refelctions, as for example, on the A-164 Wipeout ... It seems that, so far, no Addon maker was ever able to use these reflections to be transferred to mods ... I ask me why ... :confused:

I hope I was able to express to some degree what I want to ask. :o

Excuse my bad English, I speak only German and therefore, use a translation program ... :(

Hey, so the F/A-18X seems to do little more than explode when launched off of the USS Nimitz, is there any work around?

That's a problem with the Nimitz. It does it for almost everything I've tried flying off the deck.

@up yep:

SIDE PROJECT

- U.S.S. FREEDOM CVN-83 Aircraft Carrier

I need it so bad :D.

Is there anyway around this? Or are they planing to make a new carrier soon?

Considering all the work they've put into the Black Wasp and the feature updates they have planned in addition to having other projects, with also building a carrier being a ton of work in itself, I'd say "soon" is extremely optimistic.

That said, the mod team of the Nimitz is actively reworking Old Salty so I'm sure that once the rework is done John and Saul will have a fix for the current carrier issue (or maybe one beforehand in a soonish update.)

@ John and Saul, this plane in game is lovely. The texture work and detail on the entire aircraft really make it stand out and it's functionality make it a staple for my unit's CAS/CAP operations. Great work and best of luck as a finalist in MANW.

Edited by JackGallows

Thanks for sending us the newest release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

What's the difference between, this and the normal E version? Also, can you make this jet compatible with USS Nimitz, the E version seems to work fine but the X does not. Is there anything to replace the USS Nimitz?

Edited by eran100

Hi, why my mavericks don't lock ground vehicles? Or how can I make them get locked? Because I was pressing default key "T" and "R" and nothing happen. Is it because I was using RHS ground vehicles (BMP)?

Thanks!

Hi, why my mavericks don't lock ground vehicles? Or how can I make them get locked? Because I was pressing default key "T" and "R" and nothing happen. Is it because I was using RHS ground vehicles (BMP)?

Thanks!

Perhaps, if RHS uses diffrent class names for its units besides the vanilla ones the game might nog recognize them as units.

Nevermind, but yeah, how does the f18x improve on the normal f18?

Edited by eran100