John Spartan

F/a-18x black wasp

A bit diffrent question, do you plan to do something similar with SU-35S FLANKER E? It would be nice to have counter part, also a russian carrier would be nice in far future as most os mod is focused on NATO/US forces and generaly there is lack of "good" other army (RHS and VTN soon) if you want to kick NATO etc.

Not to steal their thunder but the Su-33 in the real world is being replaced by the Mig-29K/KUB next year so dezkit's Mig-29K will be more suitable than the Su-33, which currently is the Russian naval fighter.

Darksidesixofficial here, and i'm here because of something i LOVE about this that should be in the Vanilla game. When you pull hard G turns, that vapor, is fucking PERFECT, and realistic. Please. After this competition, push tht on the Dev's. I want to see that in game, so bad. The Wasp itself though, as expected. Nice performance. Dog Fighting is almost TOO easy. Like it a lot. Great mod John/Saul.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

@BFGfreak - deciding on futuristic squadron names/logos is one of the things we would like to get community involved, so if you have some cool ideas what in your opinion will fit in Arma 3 setting let us know.

@All - the concept behind the visual customization will be simple.

- Two base camo patterns [current Black camo and NAVY grey like on RL NAVY jets]

- tails will have a choice of 6 - 10 fictional squadron logos

- all hull numbers fully customizable

- squad XML logo will be possible to apply to tails, to create a replacement to match your game clan/group

- some of the cockpit light colours, glass colours [transparent/orange tint] and few small visual adjustments in cockpit

With all that + arming interface player should be able to fully customize FA18X to it's mission needs and taste

@DarksideSix - it's already in game, it's a vanilla feature, no external code here bro

Edited by John_Spartan

My only complaint however, is that the jet's Engine sound is the one from Arma 2, which is quite horrific if you ask me, considering it's an Arma 3 mod, it should have... Arma 3 sounds, now... But that ca always be changed before the competition. That's the biggest downside of this mod. Sound. Love everything else though.

I'm pretty sure I've asked this before on the MANW section for this beauty but it was never answered, but do you guys intend to, or is it even reasonably possible to make it so additional weapon pods can be mounted on the inner most wing pylons? Although it would potentially make it a bit overpowered I'm fairly sure the real world advanced super hornet can do this. Also in regards to squadron insignia, please include the Jolly Rodgers, that skull and crossbones emblem is just too badass not to be included:cool:

@Odie - we were looking thru such concept, and we decided to restrict the EWP to centre weapon station, for other wing pylons something like a JSOW would be a perfect fit, but that latter down the road.

for other wing pylons something like a JSOW would be a perfect fit

A good idea.. love it to :)

Looks really cool, but not futuristic enough for my tastes. You could "futurize" the Hornet by adding one piece canopy (like in F-22) and thrust vectoring nozzles (F-22 or F-15 S/MTD or F-15 ACTIVE), you could try adding canards as well. Just to make it look a bit more then a simple reskin, Im aware that more work went into this, but that how it looks for me.

Edited by Taro8

@DarksideSix - it's based on real, but if you look more carefully then you will find 10 things that are changed. It looks like Advanced Super Hornet but the same time it's not [the big B company and their copy right's would apply otherwise]. By making fictional unit, also allows us some freedom on design and concept in general.

@DarksideSix - it's based on real, but if you look more carefully then you will find 10 things that are changed. It looks like Advanced Super Hornet but the same time it's not [the big B company and their copy right's would apply otherwise]. By making fictional unit, also allows us some freedom on design and concept in general.

Hmmm... i see.

Mate i'm having a trouble i'm on the dev branch and using your mod but today i discovered that i can't eject,the protectiob of the pilor gets out but the pilot still inside the jet,but when i land i click "Get Out " then he ejects

@Eduzumaki, sorry mate DEV BRANCH is not supported, mod is designed to work with STABLE 1.32

Thank you very much,i don't want to change to stable until the dlc releases,shooting from vehicles is awesome,no problem your mod still great and i won't exclude the mod it'svery cool to hear all the sounds and jets in arma 3 sucks

@All - new 0.92 version available via steam. Armaholic download version will be available next weekend due to our RL work schedule.

What's new ? BRAND NEW DETAILED COCKPIT. Saul has been working really hard in last few days to create a HD model of the new cockpit. We are still in BETA with all the functions and cockpit animations.

@All - new 0.92 version available via steam. Armaholic download version will be available next weekend due to our RL work schedule.

What's new ? BRAND NEW DETAILED COCKPIT. Saul has been working really hard in last few days to create a HD model of the new cockpit. We are still in BETA with all the functions and cockpit animations.

Damn! That was quick, I'm gonna check it out as soon as I'm off school ;)

6 Months worth of work, and now I can sleep peacefully.

6 Months worth of work, and now I can sleep peacefully.

I salute you sir, work like this is what keeps Arma alive.

Greetings,

first of all respect for this impressiv work!

One question. Is it possible that our team can make a future-looking MV-22 Osprey?

I think it would fit very well because one of your side project is the U.S.S. Freedom.

rgds

Deathjagger

@Odie - we were looking thru such concept, and we decided to restrict the EWP to centre weapon station, for other wing pylons something like a JSOW would be a perfect fit, but that latter down the road.

Fair enough, and the JSOW sounds great! One more question, have you guys put any more thought into other cluster munitions like the Mk-20?

Hey John and Saul, the latest update on Black Wasp (v0.92) kinda disabled the afterburner toggle through "E" key (airplane fast forward/seagul fast forward button), but only on Black wasp, all other planes can toggle AFT with E key, just to let you guys know...

The detailed cockpit is awesome, anxious to see the next improvements!

cheers!

@Cpl_Lib, please take a look at pilots manual [ingame, scroll action, and see setup tab] all user actions are mapped to keys

Yeah, I see now it is Custom User 1... but why change it from airplane fast forward? The E key is so much more ergonomic when your driving with WASD keys =)

Couldn´t we have both? (custom user 1 and airplane fast forward/seagull fast forward)?

cheers!