John Spartan

F/a-18x black wasp

Ok thx 4 the info! For me is the concept quiet good... i love it to have the choice as well! I only asked for because i thought more on "to put some AG rockets in the EWP an AA Rockets on the Jet outside" it was just an idea may some other user have the same question... As i know you have said that you an Saul working currently on the Nimitz Class ship (very excited on that :D).... when you and saul will have it done. How big will be the chance that you both would think about to mod a F117 Nighthawk.. I'm asking only because i know that you both got the skill and potential to make a first class modelle as always :)

Thank you 4 your time :D

...sry for my bad english...

But what sort of cooperation are you hoping (not asking) for beyond the FC-37 Thunder being able to interface with the USS Freedom catapult/wire and IFLOLS? Also, the FC-37 Thunder currently isn't using a service menu.

Well, I'm just pointing it out, the last thing I want is to force my opinion on someone esle. I just feel that if we give the great minds of both these mods some time together they could come up with something amazing don't you think? But compatibility would already be a great step, and a service menu for the F-37 would be awesome as well right? :) Also, the F-37 has this awesome HMD vizor that would suit the F-18X very well in my opinion. I play with Track IR and having that and an HMD adds great new function, and it just looks very cool :P

Edited by CyclonicTuna

@Chortles & Tuna, all F35 related questions are really up to and author of that mod, so I guess that's a different tread. Also if you have not noticed we have been always for collaboration between modding community member's, even regardless the contest we have been helping others to build some cool stuff, but again wrong tread, you will have to talk to authors of that mod if you wish him to implement something that is already done by us.

@All - as for upcoming USS FREEDOM [Ford Class Carrier], then it will have a detailed function library available to be used by other community mods.

@Tuna - as for cockpit then, you will have to wait a bit, Saul is finishing up the last detail on it. So don't rush on that statement you made - we have an OPEN BETA here.

@Chortles & Tuna, all F35 related questions are really up to and author of that mod, so I guess that's a different tread.
I agreed, I just remarked because that Tuna didn't seem to specify what exactly he wanted, but you've described what I was hoping to hear in your reply about USS ​Freedom. :)

Ah yes thanks a lot.

On a side note, and if at all possible, the service menu seems like it would go really well with other planes as well. Maybe even helicopters. (Imagine flying around in an A-164 with, yes indeed, 30 macers hanging underneath. Or a Kajman with four 6.5mm minigun pods.)

even regardless the contest we have been helping others to build some cool stuff

Yeah you both are a win for every modding community.. BI and our luck that you and saul are modding for the arma 3 com :DD

thx 4 your work an offer up your time for

Congrats on Release, this thing is amazing!

EDIT: If you guys want to, I have a solutiuon for the offset in the HUD created by TrackIR Users. PM if you're interested!

Edited by geraldbolso1899

I might be wrong , but I think the GBU39 supports GPS targeting. But when I equip the GBU38 it doesn't come up with an option for GPS targeting. Also, is there a way to get the GBU39 when using external weapons?

Congrats on the release. Awesome plane!

A request:Could you make the shift click map arrow appear on the MFD map as a marker?

@olives95 I just dropped GBU38 with GPS targeting, it works but there is sometimes a bug where you can't lock onto the gps marker. just press clear gps a couple of times and remark the target and it works again.

Edited by Bullet Purveyor

@All - thank you for your support. Also since latter down the development we have plans to expand visual customization of the FA18X we will need some fictional squadron names/logos to be used on the jet tails - any ideas?

@Olive - SDB's are currently only for usage with EWP. Also they are not currently fully GPS guided as GBU31/32/38 where bomb seeks target even without a diamond lock [just get a square lock and be at altitude needed for bomb to travel to target]. We will look in to guidance for sure, but there was no initial plan to make them as part of conventional loadout, since there is enough "toys".

@Gerrald, atm moment we are busy with finishing the features we have, we will look at possible solutions once our priority task list is done.

Hello!

Any plan to add the existing rocket pods to the service menu? That would be awesome. Well, even more awesome!

@Chortles & Tuna, all F35 related questions are really up to and author of that mod, so I guess that's a different tread. Also if you have not noticed we have been always for collaboration between modding community member's, even regardless the contest we have been helping others to build some cool stuff, but again wrong tread, you will have to talk to authors of that mod if you wish him to implement something that is already done by us.

@Tuna - as for cockpit then, you will have to wait a bit, Saul is finishing up the last detail on it. So don't rush on that statement you made - we have an OPEN BETA here.

I know I know, I wasn't rushing. And I know you guys already do a great deal of collaboration, that's why I posted that comment. I'm sorry, I don't mean to rush anything or to force anything upon you its just that when I see great mods like the F-18X and F-37 released pretty much simultaneously, I get a bit overexcited sometimes :)

Very nice work but I wonder if GPS targeting works for others, I can't make it to work.

John, Saul, all I have to say is.... You two are awesome....

Who doesn't enjoy a good teaser :cool:

biVx2IM.jpg

STILL HAVE LOADS TO DO... but the pit is starting to take shape.

Very nice work but I wonder if GPS targeting works for others, I can't make it to work.

I have been playing it for hours yesterday on Dedi-Server (not sure about local) and GPS Targeting works great, not sure what your problem is but try selecting a different loadout of GBU's.

Ok it works now for some strange reason :)

How can I select different loadout? I already have the plane on the editor , what else do I have to put there?

Ok it works now for some strange reason :)

How can I select different loadout? I already have the plane on the editor , what else do I have to put there?

put the plane close to hangar in airport. and with rmb on mouse will appear a service menu

put the plane close to hangar in airport. and with rmb on mouse will appear a service menu

Thank you Zukov!

Oh man that looks good... the progress is going very fast :) Nice to know that the mod will be soon "Complete" :D

Thx 4 your damn awesome work!!

A bit diffrent question, do you plan to do something similar with SU-35S FLANKER E? It would be nice to have counter part, also a russian carrier would be nice in far future as most os mod is focused on NATO/US forces and generaly there is lack of "good" other army (RHS and VTN soon) if you want to kick NATO etc.

found another BUG on the Stealth-BUG:

if i place a Wasp with Zeus and change the loadout the weapons are shown but the pylons, CFT and pods are missing but only for the player couldn´t see them a squadmate could see the pylons, cft´s and the pods

pretty strange thingy

I have to say I had fun shooting down Neophron's with this jet. A few issues which you may most likely already be aware of: Firstly night combat is rather difficult without some sort of night vision availible, but I imagine that that's just the unfinished cockpit or a feature I have yet to find. Secondly it's somewhat tricky to board the aircraft on the ground, I'm not sure if the problem is with a bounding box or if it lies about 2 feet from my monitor.

Anyway about the squadron emblems, are you going to be working on them in house or open them up to community ideas?