John Spartan

F/a-18x black wasp

version 0.99 BETA

BI_FORUMS_MAIN_600x1024_zps573129c2.jpg

INTRODUCTION

The F/A-18X Black Wasp is a fictional twin-engine carrier-based multi-role fighter aircraft variant based on the Boing F/A-18E Advanced Super Hornet. The aircraft features many advanced technologies and systems including semi- stealth capability, conformal fuel tanks, and enclosed weapons pods.

PROLOGUE

This project started as an upgrade to our previous project the F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet. We wanted to rebuild the aircraft from our previous version and give it a look befitting of Arma 3. John and I joined in on the Make Arma not War contest to test what we can do and decided that we should push the limits even more with the F/A-18's and thus came the F/A-18X Black Wasp. We have many great ideas and features planned for this aircraft and much to do. No matter the outcome we will deliver the best addon that we can deliver to the community.

FEATURES

- Upgraded model based on the Boeing F/A-18E Advanced Super Hornet

- New first person cockpit [currently WIP]

- Improved flight model

- New animations for many items to include landing gear and canopy

- Upgraded Service Menu including Low and High profile configurations

- 150+ possible configurations including the new EWP and GBU-39D Small Diameter Bomb

- Updated and authentic missile box

- Master Modes for Navigation, Air to Air, Air to Ground and Dogfighting [WIP]

- Upgraded EGI [Embedded GPS/ INS] system for GPS guided ordinance

- Ejection sequence

- Splendid visual effects and sounds

- Afterburners

- Full customization of visual looks in players control [new concept WIP]

- New collision light system

- Carrier capability [will be compatible with upcoming USS FREEDOM]

- Reduced radar cross section for EWP loadouts

FUTURE PLANS

- Arming Menu/Paint Scheme menu upgrades using new Arma 3 arsenal

- Independant missile box and upgrades to increase authenticity of weapon systems

- Upgraded HUD

- Modular semi- stealth capability [WIP]

SIDE PROJECT

- U.S.S. FREEDOM CVN-83 Aircraft Carrier

CREDITS

ARMA 3 game engine: Bohemia Interactive

Project lead: Saul

Brand new model: Saul and John_Spartan

HD textures: Saul

GUI dialog by: John_Spartan

Config and scripts by: John_Spartan

Sounds by: LordJarhead [JSRS studio]

END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT

DISCLAIMER

You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only. This add-on is meant for ARMA 3 game platform by Bohemia Interactive only. Any commercial or military use is strictly forbidden without permission from the author.

This addon is released under:

Creative Commons Licence

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs

cc_licence_logo_zps2fd557d7.png

designed for use in ARMA 3 version 1.32

Make Arma Not War Entry Link

SUPPORT US IN OUR ENDEAVOR

DOWNLOAD

version 0.99 BETA

news_donwload_oa_4.png

[Thanks' Foxhound much appreciated]

WGL_dl_banner_300x100_zpsd97dcdb5.png

[coming soon..]

steam_workshop_banner_300x100_zpsc5cc87fb.png

[download and install the latest version via new ARMA 3 official launcher]

This is BETA release, within next few days we will be updating this add-on and adding final touches to it, so please be patient. Also as always any contractive feedback is appreciated. This is where you can help us to shape this project to new level. Steam workshop page will be added soon for thouse who prefer to handle their mods via new ARMA 3 launcher.

Have fun

Saul & John_Spartan

Edited by John_Spartan

Downloadlink?
After something like the third different iteration of the OP, finally! Hahaha... but so far Google Drive only, Steam Workshop link isn't working.

Congrats on the release! I do have a couple of bugs to report with the Wasp and the Nimitz. When ever you land on the Nimitz, the Wasp automatically retracts the landing gears which causes you to explode or get damaged. Another bug is that the action "switch mfd" is misspelled.

Nice plane, only flew it around for a good 30 minutes, as far as i can tell no bugs this far.

The entire model screams detail all over it, a plus for me is that the entire concept adds to the main Nato Faction with no intention to separate it from the main content. It feels like it is part of the game and it should belong there to begin with, I like the extra's a lot. To conclude If the aircraft carrier is at least build with the same love and care as this game model then it would be a dream coming true, at least for me this addition to the Make Arma Not War contest is one of the leading developments thus far.

On a side note to the developers:

(Would like to see an F-16 Block 52 variant) would fit perfectly next to this one, its however up to you guys ;) you may want to add one like that to the AAF side :cool: ->> http://www.beskid.com/NewsImages/F%2016%20Polski.jpg <<-

Keep up the good work :)

Best of regards

lhq ..

Edited by LiquitHQ

Nice plane, only flew it around for a good 30 minutes, as far as i can tell no bugs this far.

The entire model screams detail all over it, a plus for me is that the entire concept adds to the main Nato Faction with no intention to separate it from the main content. It feels like it is part of the game and it should belong there to begin with, I like the extra's a lot. To conclude If the aircraft carrier is at least build with the same love and care as this game model then it would be a dream coming true, at least for me this addition to the Make Arma Not War contest is one of the leading developments thus far.

On a side note to the developers:

(Would like to see an F-16 Block 52 variant) would fit perfectly next to this one, its however up to you guys ;) you may want to add one like that to the AAF side :cool: ->> http://www.beskid.com/NewsImages/F%2016%20Polski.jpg <<-

Keep up the good work :)

Best of regards

lhq ..

+1 my same impression

2 bugs found on my end:

it should read "Switch MFD Mode" and not "Switc MFD Mode"

and GPS Targeting was not possible with GBU-31. what i mean is that the menu entry in the action menu was missing.

it appeared after i loaded additional GBU-38.

something else regarding the SDB´s. for now you have to get real close to get a lock. less than 1,5km. it is a bit to close for comfort especially with low observable loadout^^

what i did:

i targeted the enemy pickup at 8km at angels 2 (650kph on my end. pickup was stationary). brought the nose on the target (slight dive, Target was not hidden behind anything)and got tone at 1,2km that was well in engangement range of the 50cal´s.

Thanks for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Well Done Saul & John_Spartan Team! Your efforts to bring quality content to A3 is really appreciated! +1 vote for MANW.

Congrats on the release! I do have a couple of bugs to report with the Wasp and the Nimitz. When ever you land on the Nimitz, the Wasp automatically retracts the landing gears which causes you to explode or get damaged.

I wish that was a bug for me too....;-) it crashes anyway with my landingskills.

Nevertheless the plane is a beauty..also the navigation/instruments and that you can find your way on the map instead of pressing M all the time.

@Gunny - well spotted, booth reported issues are fixed, will be deployed with next update

@Liquid & Zukov, thank's that was our main intension, to add a quality asset to existing NATO faction, so it actually fits in the game setting. The carrier once ready will be nothing less than the standard we have for our fighter jet mods

@Randomslap & Syncie - USS Nimitz is not the carrier we aim to make it 100% compatible. Nimiz as it is now has to placed very carefully on the map, it has a tendency not to be assembled correctly, to many bumps, that might be one of the causes and also may I suggest some more "flight practise"

@impatient one's - here we go Armaholic and SW download links

@All - thank you for your support, also please remember this is BETA and within next few weeks it will be shaped in to a fully capable multirole platform with a "day one" fighter capabilities.

I got only one thing to say :D As always... awesome work!! Great Job... Just a question John... Will this POD (with this Rockets in Stealth Mode, sry dont know how it calls) Also be in the "Not Stealth Mode" available?

Kind regards from Austria :)

Simply amazing. NATO was really missing something faster than a slow as hell A-10 revamp. Though as for the name, since a lot of present day vehicles and weapons and what have you are in A3 under completely different names, F/A-18 kind of stands out.

EDIT: And I can't seem to figure out how to change the weapons load. I feel like I'm missing out there.

@Doomsta, no atm we have no plans to add it to add it there. Also it's a clear separation between these lead-out types since there is scripted LOW radar cross section functionality [with EWP equipped, bay doors closed you are not a target to enemy unit until you open the pod or get as close as 5km to the unit that is capable of IR signature detection]. So the game concept we would like to emphasize is - carry less but gain "stealth" or take more weapons and be a clear target. We are open to suggestions here.

@Skariaxil - park the FA18X near a hangar or a NATO HEMTT ammo truck, spped 0, use action menu entry - service menu

Edited by John_Spartan

Hey guys, you know I like to promote coorperation between modders in the Arma community. You might already have seen this guy on the Make Arma Not War website, but he has made an absolutely outstanding F-35 replica, its on the same level as your F-18X (which is also marvellous btw). But in my opnion its still missing some things that could make it perfect, the service menu for instance and the awesome afterburner effects. You could maybe help him out with that and in return he could perhaps help you guys along with the HUD and the cockpit which he has nailed. Not that yours are bad in any way, just, I don't know I think it would be cool to see you guys work together. He also implemented a pretty neat animation for getting in and out of the aircraft, and a very cool HMD simulation.

And it would be an awesome sight to see the Black Wasp and the F-37 Thunder (as it is named) working together on the USS Freedom. Here's a link to the steam workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=330990595

So yeah, just throwing it out there as an idea, even if its something you guys put on the backburner. Good luck!

Edited by CyclonicTuna

But what sort of cooperation are you hoping (not asking) for beyond the FC-37 Thunder being able to interface with the USS Freedom catapult/wire and IFLOLS? Also, the FC-37 Thunder currently isn't using a service menu.

Is that f35 even on armaholic or anything? only saw it on workshop... :(