Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAzimuth

Init. Module, on the fly Scripting

Not sure if it's already been mentioned. Basically, in Editor you can type in a script, such as "ropename = ropecreate [heli1,[0,0,0], cargo1,[0,0,0],20]", or a bunch of other things. If you use it a lot, you know what I mean. But basically, add a module, like under the tab where all the effects, aounds, flares, Zeus and all that is located, add a module that you can place on a soldier, or a vehicle, or an object, in which allows you to edit that objects Init (Initialization script) on the fly. So if I wanted to connect a rope to two objects, live session, I'm able to select the first object, name that object "heli1" for example, select the next object, name it, and create a rope on those two objects without having to be mission host to use the Initialization.

This would be a good idea. It would pretty much help to push zeus even closer to a 3d editor and will only help to cut down Bohemia's workload later on when they start working on a 3d editor.

There is already an init line for units if you select the right parameter as a logged in admin on a dedicated server.

There is already an init line for units if you select the right parameter as a logged in admin on a dedicated server.

That's the point of this thread, is to bring up an idea to create a Module for init. Instead, why? Because the parameter only allows for one to be not only the host, but on a server to use this. If however, there was a Module for initialization, it would be far more intuitive, and easier to pull off more things in Zeus that take a little bit of scripting via. Init command. The Parameter just is not as effective as a module for Init would be, that you could place on a unit and edit any object you placed, live.

That's the point of this thread, is to bring up an idea to create a Module for init. Instead, why? Because the parameter only allows for one to be not only the host, but on a server to use this. If however, there was a Module for initialization, it would be far more intuitive, and easier to pull off more things in Zeus that take a little bit of scripting via. Init command. The Parameter just is not as effective as a module for Init would be, that you could place on a unit and edit any object you placed, live.

I agree, Bohemia is trying a bit too hard to make it easier to administrate servers with zeus,(asshats would probably do servercommand #shutdown to kill the server they were playing on), though in theory they could just block certain commands from being used in that module like servercommand and others that can manipulate the server itself. It's not their fault if the admins of a server don't care and are inactive and not doing their job.

Then again they have 10 servers that are never administrated by anyone who has the actual admin PW. Maybe thats why they blocked the execution box off to logged in admins only because they were lazy and didn't want to bother with their own servers (although I did hear that they weren't actually 'owned' by Bohemia, they are supposedly operated by people who never play arma 3, and the name is just window dressing, though that is a rumor so it might be wrong).

i want to put this into unit init via script how?

so i just need to copy the script into each unit init, how?

this allowfleeing courage;

this enablefatigue false;

this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",

{

_object = _this select 0;

_damage = _this select 2;

if((damage _object) + _damage > 0.9) then {0.9} else {_damage};

}];

i want to put this into unit init via script how?

so i just need to copy the script into each unit init, how?

this allowfleeing courage;

this enablefatigue false;

this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",

{

_object = _this select 0;

_damage = _this select 2;

if((damage _object) + _damage > 0.9) then {0.9} else {_damage};

}];

Well, this isn't exactly that kind of thread, this is a sort of more serious request. But if the Init Module were in Zeus I'm sure you'd have no problem placing that code into the moufle's init lines. Stay tunes, I'll a feedback track for this when I get the chance.