This Addon will add a Camoface for each default face. You don´t need any other Mod to use this one.

Authors: Sk3y & Feldhobel

Thanks for the Video Armaholic & SwissMAVERICK ♥

Make Arma Not War:
If you like our work, please support us in the contest!
Vote for us in MakeArmaNotWar.

Use on AI:

Put in Unit-Init: 
faceunit = (face this + "_cfaces_Black");
this setVariable ["JgKp_Face", faceunit, true];

Possible: _cfaces_BWTarn, _cfaces_BWStripes, _cfaces_Black, _cfaces_Serbian, _cfaces_USStripes, _cfaces_USStains, _cfaces_USFlash

future Plan

Changelog

v2.0

• added: Set Camo if you have one of three Make-up box in Inventory (Serbian_Facepaint or US_Facepaint BW_Facepaint)
  • added: selfexplaining Dialog to change camouflage
  • added: automatic addaction if you not use the agm_camofaces.pbo, with conditions ;)
  • added: 4 new camouflage (3 x US, 1x Serbian with 4 alternate versions (thx @ il_padrino

from Serbian Armed Forces (SAF)) )

• changed: dont use anymore agm functions
  • changed: BWTarn and BWStripes texture
  • v1.10:
    • fixed: AI spawn with Camofaces
    • fixed: Black Faces get White Face on set non available face
    • added: AGM Selfinteraction has now English Translation
    • changed: Classnames are now more unique
    • changed: Clear Files and Configlines from Bullshit ;) (unpacked: 47 MB / 7z: 37 MB)
    v1.00
    • first release
    • added "Bundeswehr Strichtarn" with ground colour
    • added "Bundeswehr Strichtarn" without ground colour
    • added black camo (night)
    Knowing Issue
    nothing

for_dummys.jpg

Download @

3. Jägerkompanie Homepage
    Mirror ArmA3.de Update?
    Mirror Armaholic Update?
    Mirror PlayWithSix Update?

Signatures are included.

Licensed Under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs CC BY-NC-ND

Special Thanks
    Meat, KoffeinFlummi, commy, Knipper, il_padrino, James

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Edited by Guest

The images look great!

Not at home right now so can't test them straight away. Could you explain how it works?

Do you just add new variants per face per camo type into the profile face selection screen? Or are this activated in game somehow based on an action?

What are the optional features you mention?

I'm assuming the custom face bug with white arms doesn't apply here, right?

Thanks.

yay! been waiting for a proper camo faces mod for blend tests. Thanks Sk3y!

Hello and thanks ACyprus,

my English is not the best, but i´ll do my best ;).

The Mod is adding new variants in the profile face selection. Three camofaces per custum face.

you can change your custum face to a camo face ingame with the "camofaces_agm.pbo". You need CBA and AGM for this.

You can change your Camo over the SelfInteractionMenu of AGM. It´s Syncronized with all player (JIP & Respawn).

Thats the optional feature, actually.

I'm going to try with one right now ! Woot !

EDIT : Wow.. 270mb ! Too bad, it's way too large for our community server, I can add like 3 packs of weapons with 300mb. But I'll try anyway

Edited by ElTyranos

Fantastic, thank you very much for a very clear description. Looking forward to it. :)

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@camofaces.png

@ Sk3y;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

@kecharles28 Thanks :)

but can you add Feldhobel to the Authors list?

I think you can reduce the addon size by a great deal (probably way below 100 MB) if you don't put in all texture files (normal map, sdmi map, rvmats), which you did not change in any way, but only the color maps that you painted differently. The config has to be changed though. Now you have e.g.

class PersianHead_A3_01_BWTarn : Default {
		author = "$STR_3Jgkp_Author";
		displayname = "$STR_A3_TakistaniMen_LastNames11_jgkp_bwtarn";
		texture = "\jgkp_camofaces\Heads\bwtarn\PHA301\m_persian_01_co.paa";
		head = "PersianHead_A3";
		identityTypes[] = {"Head_TK"};
		material = "\jgkp_camofaces\Heads\bwtarn\PHA301\m_persian_01.rvmat";
		materialWounded1 = "jgkp_camofaces\Heads\bwtarn\PHA301\m_persian_01_injury.rvmat";
		materialWounded2 = "jgkp_camofaces\Heads\bwtarn\PHA301\m_persian_01_injury.rvmat";
	};

instead you should inherit from each un-camoed default face and only change the color map (and author and displayname of course), so upper example should become

class PersianHead_A3_01;    // external class reference, you need to list all default face classes here.

class PersianHead_A3_01_BWTarn : PersianHead_A3_01 {
		author = "$STR_3Jgkp_Author";
		displayname = "$STR_A3_TakistaniMen_LastNames11_jgkp_bwtarn";
		texture = "\jgkp_camofaces\Heads\bwtarn\PHA301\m_persian_01_co.paa";
       };

and then you can delete all data files except for the *_co.paa ones.

In general, if one copies anything in an addon that is already exactly the same in game (be it files or config lines), then you did something wrong/unnecessary. Only put in what is changed.

Edited by Brainbug

I have some issues to report:

-When using a camo face in the profile, it will give everyone camo faces -not just the ones who are running the mod with camo paint on. This includes AI characters.

-AGM function needs translation from German to English.

-AGM function to change face paint through the self-interaction does nothing. I have moved the optional files into the addons folder, which gives me the option in the self-interaction menu; but does nothing when clicked on.

@Brainbug okey thanks, we test it.

@VALROKOFFICIAL Discard your Glasses, Helmet and NV. Then you can push the Button :)

The Translation is in the next Update (i think on Sunday).

EDIT: @Brainbug is working, but not with result we get now.

Edited by Sk3y

Interesting idea, I'm working on something similar, only difference I'm gonna add new faces to game... I may later do camo faces for them too, so it can works with this AGM feature you did. Cheers.

:D sry, but an Click on "This is me" do nothing

EDIT: And can someone explain me, How i can set Images? On my first posting it's transform in URL-Tag. -.-

Edited by Sk3y

Say, how'd you manage to stop the AI from using camo faces? I've been having this problem as well.

AI using camo faces for me spawning units through zeus... 50% of the time its a camo face.

Also I see no option in agm menu to change face camo or something, but im using agm

edit: nvm its optional pbo, but on play with six its required to have AGM and cba.. might want to sort that out

@MakeTim you use AGM v.094? And not use the Standard Face?

Edited by Sk3y

Is there a reason you're re-including the nohq and smdi textures in your addon? They look like they are identical to the vanilla ones (and rightly so), but there is no reason I can see to have them in your addon. Without them its filesize would likely be less than 100MB.

My unit would love to include these in our modpack, but can't justify the 300MB.

If there's no plans of yours to reduce the filesize, then I might look at doing it myself under the GPLv3 you've so kindly released this under.