Sign in to follow this  

Jimi, it is impossible to walk on the ship because of the game engine, so there won't be any interior spaces beyond the bridge, I'd expect.

In ArmA2 you could sorta walk around on and inside of ships as long as they were stationary? What changed?

In ArmA2 you could sorta walk around on and inside of ships as long as they were stationary? What changed?

Nothing has changed, except this is not a stationary ship, this is a moving ship. Taking that into consideration, and all the other difficulties involved with a ship of this size, I suspect interior hallways and rooms were very very low on the priority list. They would have no purpose, and would really be worse than useless, because each hallway, door, room, etc. would add to the poly count, taking away from other details that have more importance.

Tried to test this out in multiplayer with friends but we all would crash when trying to load in. Tried it out in the editor excellent mod. Although, I do notice the Phalanx I think doesn't have a firing animation and no muzzle flash.

Nothing has changed, except this is not a stationary ship, this is a moving ship. Taking that into consideration, and all the other difficulties involved with a ship of this size, I suspect interior hallways and rooms were very very low on the priority list. They would have no purpose, and would really be worse than useless, because each hallway, door, room, etc. would add to the poly count, taking away from other details that have more importance.

Except I wasn't talking about that kind of interiors, I was talking about crew positions. The bridge is modelled, but when you enter any of the crew positions, you're given just the optics. The helmsman has only a tiny slit like in tanks and can't exit that view to look around, the commander has only periscope view, for passengers it looks like this etc.

Except I wasn't talking about that kind of interiors, I was talking about crew positions. The bridge is modelled, but when you enter any of the crew positions, you're given just the optics. The helmsman has only a tiny slit like in tanks and can't exit that view to look around, the commander has only periscope view, for passengers it looks like this etc.

I'd think that passengers should at least have some generic space modeled for them to sit in. Like the mess decks, or a ready room, or a crew berthing.

This... is one of the coolest damn mods I've seen in a while. Finally, true naval ships in Arma.

You should definitely consider making other ships to accompany it, such as cruisers or destroyers.

And perhaps a USS-Missouri variant! That ship has a place, reserved in my heart.

Will the "staying in the same world position" error ever be fixed? It is an engine issue, so it many never be. :(

I was sort of thinking the same thing, only having them in the Combat Engagement Center because at least in my mind it makes sense that the people controlling the guns are there.

Congratz on the release...

Damn: this morning I had to work.... Guess it'll be awaiting

Thanks for sending us the fixed release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I am not usually this type of person to call out such great quality work, as it really is fantastic!

Yet, just monkey around with it for 5mins, and the numerous bugs and glitches and clear as day misalignment everywhere, I'm curious why you choose to release it in this state? Esp if you competing for the Contest.

It's a superb model, but I felt like it released in this state was a rush. Even with the Known Issues, there is pretty much a bug/problem everywhere you step..

Again, not usually like this, but just wanted to let ya know.

Nice work!

My suggestions:

Obviously fix any errors (missing textures, rpt stuff, etc.)

That ready room idea others have had is a nice one for passengers. You could also have some positions on the exterior of the ship where guys are just sitting or standing places.

For the gunner positions, I feel like what you have is fine. No point in doing interiors. It would be cool but the benefit would be minimal.

I didn't really play as the rest of the crew but I feel like it is probably the same thing.

Doing some hidden textures thing would be cool for the numbers allowing people to switch out the identity of the ship if they desire.

It was a lot of fun watching enemy tanks and artillery trying to hit it from the shore as the Iowa shelled the beaches. Great work as always!

So Been looking around this mod for about 30 mins. The only big things I see is

• The overall size of the ship needs to be bigger.
  • Walk ways and ladders and way to small.
  • The space either ontop or below a ladder makes you clip into it when your go up the ladder or down it.

Aside from the main things I think this is a awesome ships. A mod that should be in arma 3 either as a prop or in a mission.

As an active duty sailor, this project is AMAZING!!! The detail you put into this is great and I am supper excited that the player can manipulate the guns and drive. Some things I did notice were:

Like MacoD said, the player seems big compared to hatches (doors) and the ladders (stairs).

I have yet to find a spot that I can interact with the ship positions.

You mentioned that you have to call up crew member 16 for the targeting computer. How?

I am trying to use the supports module, requester and provider all synced up, to call fire support and I can see the Iowa as an option, but it can't be selected. Am I missing something?

Again, this is amazing and I look forward to any updates you push out! Thanks!

Yeah i too wonder how to make it use the artillery module and the likes.

I think the size is pretty accurate. My major faults aren't with the ship itself as much as it is with the physics engine and naval assets all together. The thing bounces around like its one of those attack boats under calm seas. Overall the model is well done. Its a site to see in arma and thats awesome for bluefor not so awesome for opfor. :icon_twisted:

The thing bounces around like its one of those attack boats under calm seas.
I think that's something the mod can control. Other ships mods aren't so bouncy. It's a matter of adjusting the weight.

The ship is great. I tried defeating it with a jet.......... Lets just say it didn't work.

On a more serious note, the only problem i am having is the texture error, you can ONLY see it's entire hull if your manning the ship, or if your in a zoomed in look. That needs to be fixed.

Lastly, there is something else that might go well with this mod, seeing how most of it, you can get around on my foot. ProGamer and a few others came up with some crazy, "attachtowithmovement" thing that would allow movement on and around the ship whilst it's being driven around by people.

I must be doing something wrong but I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what it is.

Is anyone else having problems getting the artillery support from the Iowa working? I set it up like any other artillery support with a support provider linked and then the provider linked to the players support requester. I can see it in the artillery support call up menu but i cant select it to call for any shells ( its greyed out in menu). Would love for this to work so if I am doing something wrong or there is a trick let me know someone please.

Thanks a ton in advance and keep up the awesome work on the mods!

There are a couple of us asking the same question on the support mod as you.

I must be doing something wrong but I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what it is.

Is anyone else having problems getting the artillery support from the Iowa working? I set it up like any other artillery support with a support provider linked and then the provider linked to the players support requester. I can see it in the artillery support call up menu but i cant select it to call for any shells ( its greyed out in menu). Would love for this to work so if I am doing something wrong or there is a trick let me know someone please.

Thanks a ton in advance and keep up the awesome work on the mods!

Same issue here :( The guns being limited to 2400 meters range or so manually sort of hurts the ship's use, the arty-computer access via the positions you mentioned would help massively!

I was wondering what is wrong with the ship's armor? For fun I placed two of the ships, manned one, the other empty, and after firing about 100+ times, the other ship is still in fine condition? I'm not sure if a battle ship can sustain over a 100 direct 16 inch cannon impacts. :S

Kind regards,

Sanchez