Sign in to follow this  
reyhard

Preventing skeleton errors in rpt - HOW TO

As I'm receiving plenty of PM regarding this issue here is quick instruction how to fix that. First of all, thanks for kju for giving me solution first.

error example:

Error: Bone weapon doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
Error: Bone launcher doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
Error: Bone rightarm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
Error: Bone righthand doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

First of all, you need derapified/debinarised rtm (if you open .rtm with notepad, unbinarised .rtm should start with RTM_0101). If your .rtm is already binarised you can always debinarise it using mikero tools.

In second step you need to place model.cfg containing a3 skeleton definition into folder containing your .rtm file (so it's good to keep them all in one place). That's all, no rocket since over there :)

Below is rar with debinarised .rtm+model.cfg

http://reyhard.armacenter.pl/arma3/anims.rar

Edited by Reyhard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please could you give a step-by-step on how to debinarise an .rtm (starting BMTR) using Mikero Tools.

I have deRTM.exe and the other Mikero Tools. I have a P:\ drive with the A3 content.

Specifically, which "Skeleton" file to use? (File and location).

Would also love a little more detail aswell, I would absolutely love to get rid of those pesky bone errors!

You can use the model.cfg in the A3 character sample. You dont need deRTM if you still have your rtm in an unbinarized state somewhere.

The reason is because the binarization "bakes" the model.cfg into the rtm. Just like it does with models. The rtm itself contains no information about the dependancy of the bones. Thats why you need a model.cfg to define the hierarchy.

The mod I'm trying to fix is binarised - someone elses mod that was made open-source.

To de-binarise the rtm, deRTM.exe is asking for a "skeleton".

What is the file location for the "model.cfg in the A3 character sample"?

I think ive got this to work. Put this http://pastebin.com/AStvBZVu , into a model.cfg file =. ( this is going to be the skeleton)

Run deRTM using that model.cfg as the skeleton. Debin it

Put the unbinned RTM file and that model.cfg in the same folder, then binarize the whole mod. That worked for me

You can use the model.cfg in the A3 character sample. You dont need deRTM if you still have your rtm in an unbinarized state somewhere.

that's actually not correct (thru no fault of your own). The skeleton(s) provided by bis are *samples* and consequently wrong. bones are case sensitive. The *correct* skeletons (three of them) for arma1,2 & 3 are contained in the documentation for DeRtm

UK Apollo, I've been able to eliminate Arma 2 ports throwing these errors from within the config.cpp itself. In most cases the configs that come with Arma 2 ports have script like the following inside

lass CfgMovesBasic

{

class DefaultDie;

class ManActions

{

AH64_gunner_EP1="AH64_gunner_EP1";

AH64_pilot_EP1="AH64_pilot_EP1";

UH1H_Cargo_EP1="UH1H_Cargo_EP1";

UH1H_Pilot_EP1="UH1H_Pilot_EP1";

UH60M_Gunner_EP1="UH60M_Gunner_EP1";

UH60M_Pilot_EP1="UH60M_Pilot_EP1";

UH60M_Cargo_EP1="UH60M_Cargo_EP1";

UH60_Cargo02="UH60_Cargo02";

AH1Z_Pilot="AH1Z_Pilot";

AH1Z_Gunner="AH1Z_Gunner";

UH1Y_Pilot="UH1Y_Pilot";

UH1Y_Gunner="UH1Y_Gunner";

UH1Y_Gunner02="UH1Y_Gunner02";

UH1Y_Cargo01="UH1Y_Cargo01";

UH1Y_Cargo02="UH1Y_Cargo02";

UH1Y_Cargo03="UH1Y_Cargo03";

};

};

class CfgMovesMaleSdr: CfgMovesBasic

{

class States

{

class Crew;

class AH64_gunner_EP1: Crew

{

file="\HAFM_ArmA2_Helis\AH64\Anims\AH64_gunner.rtm";

connectTo[]=

{

"KIA_AH64_gunner_EP1",

};

speed=1e+010;

};

etc.

You will notice that they are calling up Arma2 actions, which refer back to arma 2 man models. These don't exist in arma 3. You remove those formt eh config and replace with relevant arma 3 animations. bone errors go away. Worked for the helos I'm working on anyway.

I found that dertm have key:

-$: convert to arma3

Well, does that mean that I can run dertm on binarized rtm? Will it work or debinarization needed?

Will answer on my question: you have to deRTM file before using key -$.

On 11/14/2014 at 6:02 PM, gnrnr said:

UK Apollo, I've been able to eliminate Arma 2 ports throwing these errors from within the config.cpp itself. In most cases the configs that come with Arma 2 ports have script like the following inside

etc.

You will notice that they are calling up Arma2 actions, which refer back to arma 2 man models. These don't exist in arma 3. You remove those formt eh config and replace with relevant arma 3 animations. bone errors go away. Worked for the helos I'm working on anyway.

Any idea how to correct these for Advanced Urban Rappelling v2(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1916062371) or CUP Units? I think one of those is (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497661914), since CUP Units are Arma 2 ports and Advanced Urban Rappelling and as you stated, ports can have this issue. Also, I found this on Advanced Urban Rappelling v2 (remade): https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedUrbanRappelling/issues/4 . Would you think this would be the case with something as big as CUP or more likely it is the reported AUR v2?