Sign in to follow this  
El Tyranos

Server issue

Hello !

Since yesterday, my server doesn't work anymore. I can't join the lobby.

I get a NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(281997278): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

Here is my RPT, wich doesn't show more errors than usual, excepted i don't get the "connected to steam servers" line. Then the server seems not being able to launch his default mission and get stuck somewhere between "booting" and "waiting"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzBGMFyaeqHsTXgtT0lRMHVSVXc

And malloc.log : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzBGMFyaeqHsbmVDeDdTWTlqQk0

What have I tried ?

- Run each folder separatly :

cba + Task force radio = ok

cba + TFR + nf_maps = ok

anything more than cba+tfr+nf_maps make it crash

- I reversed my last update,

- tried to launch some heavy addons (such as AGM or ASR AI) separatly but I get the same error.

I'm running exactly (with the same number of bytes) the same addon build at home (even using tbbmalloc), and I can play & host without problems.

This time, it's far over my understanding... :(

I hope someone will be able to help me.

Thank you !

Edited by ElTyranos
Title modification

Got the same error but with a lot more mods. At some point the server wont be able to finish loading, in windows server 2008r2 the dedi.exe work but no one is able to join and after closing the windows the task is still there but dead.

AFAIK it could be a problem with serverkeys. The last days i tried with N'Ziwasogo A3 terrain and as soon as i put their keys on the server he wont work anymore. It worked some month ago and other replied it work now but together with other mods it just crash silent. 2 other friendly clans have the same problem and we dont know where we should search for.

I already read elsewhere that it came from keys. So I deleted them all from my server, but it didn't work neither.

Were you able to investigate further ? Is there anyone else reading who have the same problem and got it fixed to help us ?

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Located the source of the crash : it comes from Task Force Radio, I'll continue to investigate and reported the issue to Nkey.

So, without TFAR server is not crashing, right?

I didnt test it without TFAR because we use ~20 mods. But i can retry the next days and report.

So, without TFAR server is not crashing, right?

As said in your TFAR topic, it seems to be a conflict between "6" and "7" keys. I'm now using only key 7 and it's working.

But it took me almost 4 hours to figure it out as I updated TFAR in the same time of multiple addons, and because I took the problem from the wrong way.

I cant get my server to load after 0.9.6 also. ive deleted the 6 keys and it still wont load.

I cant get my server to load after 0.9.6 also. ive deleted the 6 keys and it still wont load.

In error in server RPT?

God damn it. It says it was missing the userconfig stuff. Have re installed mod on server. Trying again.

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

God damn it. That was it. Cheers, sorry for the stupidity on my part.

So, now we have the same problem again, now with RHS:Escalation. I deactive RANDOM other mods and it work. Anyone an idea?

So, now we have the same problem again, now with RHS:Escalation. I deactive RANDOM other mods and it work. Anyone an idea?

new keys fix for RHS available

I didnt use keycheck yesterday for testing. Very strange problems around. I read a lot of questions from users around the arma3 forum that with random load of mods it work but not all of them together. We never had problems with TFR and other big mods but loaded all of them at once let the server hangup.

I can confirm this is a thing. We've had the same issue, even tho before the patch everything ran just fine. Some addons started puking errors (before the patch they didn't cause any problems), we removed them, server seems to work, but it is nowhere as stable as it was. Change mission after the server loaded one - crash. Put a bigger mission on - crash. Someone joins during the mission - crash.

We don't use keys as the server is private, to the point there's not a single .bisign in our addons. (as earlier on we used custom, own server keys)

Before the patch, everything worked pretty good, now a single addon can ruin modules (like briefing for example), effects or stability (as if it can be ruined any more). Doesn't matter whether mission uses addons or not or if we even run them - without addons, server is more stable, BUT:

1) It still can randomly crash when nothing major happens.

2) ArmA3 is empty without user-created content. Thus no addons = not enough fun.

3) All the known solutions, including fresh reinstalls, checking every user's modset, etc didn't gave any effect.

Please find the fix, people are getting really annoyed (I'm happy to see we are not alone with the problem).

Edited by JonPL

Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet?

On my server keys are not signed. I tried removing all keys regardless, I still get the error below. I have tried singling out various mods as I use several on my server, I'll add 5, I can connect to the server and I don't get stuck on the splash screen. I'll add a 6th like the Nimitz aircraft carrier and I can't connect so I then remove that mod and retry the server with the 5 that previously worked and magically I then can't connect. It's bizarre and extremely frustrating.

NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1953664003): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled