Sign in to follow this  
alanford

Windows cannot access the specified device path or file

Looks like a Windows user account issue. You may not have "read & execute" permission assigned.

Did you check your permissions? Right-click the file, go to "properties" and "security", check the permissions. You'll have to be admin to change them.

Looks like a Windows user account issue. You may not have "read & execute" permission assigned.

Did you check your permissions? Right-click the file, go to "properties" and "security", check the permissions. You'll have to be admin to change them.

Yeah im having the same problem, arma 2 OA will not validate on Steam and im getting that picture the original poster showed, I tied the read and execute method and nothing changed, any other remedies? I've had arma 2 and Arma 2 OA before and played the DayZ mod fine, but I deleted them for awhile and redownloaded them and having problems. ):

Yeah im having the same problem, arma 2 OA will not validate on Steam and im getting that picture the original poster showed, I tied the read and execute method and nothing changed, any other remedies? I've had arma 2 and Arma 2 OA before and played the DayZ mod fine, but I deleted them for awhile and redownloaded them and having problems. ):

Perhaps elevate your windows account on your PC to admin.

I have temp uninstalled all my anti virus programs ( at least the ones I know of ) and yet I still get this error when I launch Arma 2 Oa from my Steam Library, what is going on? :( I understand that people are fixing it by making exceptions in their anti-virus, but how is it still happening to me? :(

Well i've been playing a3 since a2 doesn't work for me anymore. Anyway, I am suspecting this error is caused by BattleEye. Also I think this error might have caused me getting banned by BattlEye. I suggest being highly careful, since this is an incredibly buggy anticheat system.