Sign in to follow this  
CapBlackShot

What Pieces to Change to Increase FPS?

I have a crap notebook (4 GB RAM, i5 3210M, Intel HD 4K), but I get about 29-40 fps with Textures, Objects and Vegetation on HIGH and shadows disabled, and all the other stuff set by default or off. Unfortunately, I get less than 15 fps while playing the multiplayer mode. Can someone help me?

I have a crap notebook (4 GB RAM, i5 3210M, Intel HD 4K), but I get about 29-40 fps with Textures, Objects and Vegetation on HIGH and shadows disabled, and all the other stuff set by default or off. Unfortunately, I get less than 15 fps while playing the multiplayer mode. Can someone help me?

You said it yourself, you have a crap notebook. Don't expect to run this game (or anything else even mildy demanding) on it. No magic command lines will help you.

1. client fps are affected by server fps, choose good server... (for example try filter jsoc 50/50 invade & annex host), got stable fps there all the time (1920x1200 ultra maxed)

THIS. just check the server fps, if they are low > low client fps, if they are high and low client fps upgrade rig.

It highly depends on the server, as already mentioned. In addition it depends on the mission itself. If the mission designer decided to unload alot of the scripting work to the clients, to lower the duty of the server, then of course, you need a faster PC.

You have to use an Ssd drive in arma otherwise it's very choppy.

As shown earlier in a youtube video in this thread, even with an SSD, Arma 3 is choppy.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184616-What-Pieces-to-Change-to-Increase-FPS&p=2801073&viewfull=1#post2801073

That matches my experience as well. Running Arma on SSD did nothing, I was still lagging everytime I drove thru a town, just like with an HDD.

FPS is exactly the same too (of course).

You said it yourself, you have a crap notebook. Don't expect to run this game (or anything else even mildy demanding) on it. No magic command lines will help you.

But I can run it find on single player. Should I try to overclock my processor to 4 or 5 Ghz?