smiley nick

[WIP] The Isles Of Scilly - Geo-specific UK Terrain

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your continued support. I took some advice and had a small break, but the recent updates (Mainly Apex and the lighting) made me start again. I don't have a lot to show, but have decided to change my work flow a bit and only focus on one manageable area at a time - as there is no sense of progress other wise. I have looked into the new lighting update and it really has changed the feel of the game so much more, and I hope the images below still translate that "British" feel to it.

I'll am working on a release soon, I have made some good progress over the weekend and i'm basically tidying up St.Agnes, along with two AOs (Airport and a fortification to the east of St.Mary's) I am hoping that this might be enough for some missions to be made, while I gain feedback from you lovely people.

The screenshots are of "The Garasion", which populates the far western side of St.Mary's island. You can read a little history of this historic area with the link below. As always, been working on new textures and refining that clutter, and its nice to see that my approach isn't too far off BIS - having looked at the Jungle. It's basically all clutter (with large ferns to block views) so its super preferment - that's what I think anyway!

June_1_low.jpg

highres

June_2_low.jpg

highres

June_3_low.jpg

highres

@MIkemhz

I found that weirdly fascinating, thank you for sharing :D I will be continuing on with my mixed approach, but there are some interesting assets in the Apex expansion that I may pull over. I hope you are enjoying Colombia!!

Thanks everyone :)

Just thought this might be a nice pic.

http://www.digitalterrains.com/Dev/beachy.png 

• Like 10

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your continued support. I took some advice and had a small break, but the recent updates (Mainly Apex and the lighting) made me start again. I don't have a lot to show, but have decided to change my work flow a bit and only focus on one manageable area at a time - as there is no sense of progress other wise. I have looked into the new lighting update and it really has changed the feel of the game so much more, and I hope the images below still translate that "British" feel to it.

I'll am working on a release soon, I have made some good progress over the weekend and i'm basically tidying up St.Agnes, along with two AOs (Airport and a fortification to the east of St.Mary's) I am hoping that this might be enough for some missions to be made, while I gain feedback from you lovely people.

The screenshots are of "The Garasion", which populates the far eastern side of St.Mary's island. You can read a little history of this historic area with the link below. As always, been working on new textures and refining that clutter, and its nice to see that my approach isn't too far off BIS - having looked at the Jungle. It's basically all clutter (with large ferns to block views) so its super preferment - that's what I think anyway!

June_1_low.jpg

highres

June_2_low.jpg

highres

June_3_low.jpg

highres

@MIkemhz

I found that weirdly fascinating, thank you for sharing :D I will be continuing on with my mixed approach, but there are some interesting assets in the Apex expansion that I may pull over.

Thanks everyone :)

Still looks amazing! Almost better if you ask mes

For me this is one of the very few islands being on par with Alltis and Tanoa, providing a unique setting and makes you feel like visting the real thing :)

• Like 1

Your island is probably the only terrain I've never actually had a fight in. Every time I've played on it I've set it to cloudy/rainy and just walked around while listening to music feeling like I'm back in the UK. Kind of reminds me of the game Dear Esther.

One of my favourite terrains, keep it up.

• Like 3

Holy Molly! That's really impressive. And I thought it couldn't get better...  :wub:

• Like 1

For me this is one of the very few islands being on par with Alltis and Tanoa, providing a unique setting and makes you feel like visiting the real thing :)

Blimey, I've still got much to learn but I do try and strive for quality when I have the time! - thank you :) :)

Your island is probably the only terrain I've never actually had a fight in. Every time I've played on it I've set it to cloudy/rainy and just walked around while listening to music feeling like I'm back in the UK. Kind of reminds me of the game Dear Esther.

One of my favourite terrains, keep it up.

Haha, I do honestly hope people will actually fight on it, as its always been my biggest worry - it being too civilian and nice? Totally understand why you would want to treat it as a virtual holiday destination, I also like walking around and exploring too. Never heard of the game, but looks really good! Thank you for the kind words :)

Holy Molly! That's really impressive. And I thought it couldn't get better...  :wub:

Blushes 

That looks really nice man, keep up the great work.

Cheers man.

Looking great Nick! Keep up the good work

Thank you :)

• Like 2

Can i ask forum members not to quote images when replying as per the forum rules. ;)

On topic: love the lighthouse screenshot, thought it was real at first and not in Arma3!

• Like 3

If your concerned about it being viable as a "battlefield", I dont know but some of those shots of those desolate looking areas with the brush look perfect, without trees or anything those look like they would at the very least make some good infantry combat or something.

Hi guys,

I am still here and working on the project. More updates in the coming weeks. x

• Like 16

10 hours ago, smiley nick said:

Hi guys,

I am still here and working on the project. More updates in the coming weeks. x

This makes me really happy :)

• Like 1