smiley nick

[WIP] The Isles Of Scilly - Geo-specific UK Terrain

Ah noooo I just got home and realised I mis-read the post. Damn, oh well keep up the good work and I cannot wait for release.

Ah noooo I just got home and realised I mis-read the post. Damn, oh well keep up the good work and I cannot wait for release.

Heh heh, I feel your pain Bro, maybe Smiley will put out an Alpha build if we all ask nicely!

Obviously that last part is a wee joke, i am aware of Forum rules and regulations regarding begging!

Edited by evil-organ

Looks fantastic Nick! With those classic cottage farm house buildings, this'll be perfect for any WW2 mods that are hopefully coming.

Can I ask, where do you source your high res sat and height maps from?

So nice feeling^^

So nice looking buildings..plz try to add some more if you can find time-i know it's much effort tho :)

Screenshots are just downright ridiculous..........in a good way!

Looks really nice, however I was wondering if you will make the new Buildings enterable in a later state of devolopment.

Hello everyone,

Thankyou for the kind words. I am sorry for not getting back sooner. I'm planning on submitting my update for the MANW contest - some may hate the extension, but for me its good! - as I have very little time outside of my day job!. I'll be working on finishing as much as I can over the next three days. It occurred to me that the most important feedback I can receive is from you, the community!

Therefore, I'd like to offer you a download of the terrain for play-testing. If you do have any thoughts, concerns, wishes, then please do let me know. I've booked the weekend up and any feedback would be greatly received.

Known things

• Fix St.Agnes bin file error after exiting map in Arma3 - No idea how (Yet).
  • Further rock placement.
  • Clutter refinement.
  • Re-position and correct buildings.
  • Fix shadow LODs for all objects.
  • Fix start location in map editor.
  • Fix sat gridding problem.
  • Add location names .
  • Tweak lighting values.
  • Add misc. detail to locations (camps, logs, etc)
  • Work on underwater areas.
  • Refine "core" game-play areas for mission makers. Ideas welcome.
  • Fix RVMAT for hedges. Texture is too flat at the moment.
  • Add further bushes/trees/plants to increase detail/concealment.

Download

There are two files. The terrain itself and the custom objects.

Terrain: www.digitalterrains.com/IOS/Build/IOS_St_Agnes_1.2.rar

Objects: www.digitalterrains.com/IOS/Build/IOS_Objects.rar

It's kinda scary to be releasing something after all the hours I've put in. I'm pretty sure I have tunnel vision now. Lets get it out there and see what happens! *Runs away*

Thanks everyone.

Edited by Smiley Nick

I've been looking forward to this tremendously, cheers for letting us play on this baby.

Nice map, lots of green which is a good thing, but an exercise in futility against AI xray-vision hehe.

Nice map, lots of green which is a good thing, but an exercise in futility against AI xray-vision hehe.

Thanks! Was that a result of the hedges? They have the correct Geo/View/Fire LODs and should stop the AI X-Ray vision!

Edited by Smiley Nick

Really nice work, I can see a lot of potential in this island and in the whole archipelago if you dare to do it. The only thing that I disliked are the destroyed houses.

But I think it's one of the bests maps for A3, even in its actual stage.

( BTW please try not to pack the island too much to avoid fps drops )

Really nice work, I can see a lot of potential in this island and in the whole archipelago if you dare to do it. The only thing that I disliked are the destroyed houses.

But I think it's one of the bests maps for A3, even in its actual stage.

( BTW please try not to pack the island too much to avoid fps drops )

Thanky you very much. I do plan to tackel the whole Archipelago but it will take me some time. I started off doing this but had to scale back. I did a quick video showcasing the main island - St.Mary. You can view it

Thank you for your points. The destroyed houses have been noted. One of the reasons I put them in there (Even tho they do not fit) is down to a gamplay point of view - giving players the chance to hide and fire from within, as non of my UK houses have interiors. :(

First release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

New mod 1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Smiley Nick;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Edited by Sonsalt6

hi love the map you did alot of awesome work on it i have been eagerly awaiting its release i noticed when exploring the island that you cant run thru the tunnel section coming out dome compund on the island where the terrain pokes thru the pipes http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/539634893953121398/E0666A00E1D95DC8AF6D29FCD254C2178A25AF87/ (230 kB) also i was unable to locate the ship that was located off shore? i tried seeing if a conflict with AIA TP or A3MP might have been an issue but was unable to locate it with even just the base arma 3 running is it a placeable object in the editor or ?

Beautiful little island, there is a certain bleak ambience to be had when exploring for the first time.

Reminds me a lot of the Falkland Islands.

I'm aware the local flora supports palm trees because of the Gulf Stream, but when you see one in-game i found it quite a jarring experience.

But as far as ambience and atmosphere goes it's fantastic.

Looking forward to future updates.

Edited by evil-organ

Very very beautiful map!!!

I hope you'll try to support it: it has a lot of potential.

In 3 words.

I LIKE IT !!!!