smiley nick

[WIP] The Isles Of Scilly - Geo-specific UK Terrain

Looks very nice and promising so far. Keep it up! :)

Can't wait for this! Something a little closer to home to fight on.

That ship looks like an american LST. Is it an edited version of OFPs big ship?

or is it a newly created model?

is the Phalanx on top of the bridge functional or is it merely for shows?

can it move? Is it PHYSx compatible?

good job anyway. Two years ago I got ingame St. Martin's island but I stopped working on that terrain because there was a lot of lag. That island looks wonderful too

keep us posted

That ship looks like an american LST. Is it an edited version of OFPs big ship?

or is it a newly created model?

is the Phalanx on top of the bridge functional or is it merely for shows?

can it move? Is it PHYSx compatible?

good job anyway. Two years ago I got ingame St. Martin's island but I stopped working on that terrain because there was a lot of lag. That island looks wonderful too

keep us posted

Its a new model( US Navy Manitowoc LST-1180 )(i paid for it) from Turbosquid. Call me foolish to purchase it - but its game ready and works well for my needs. Its just static at the moment but would welcome anyone who could help extend her features. From a legality point of view, it will be binarized so I should be ok. I'm not proficient in o2 to do all the things you have asked. My reach goes as far as buildings and static things. Would be interested to see your terrain. Do you have any pictures?

Is the 2M terrain cell giving you trouble in Terrain builder? How about in-game, laggy or not?

Looks great, very cosy!

Cheers. Not really. I took advantage of the terrain being so small - so a 2m cell works great. Its similar to the Proving grounds map. I don't think I could get away with it with anything bigger. I imported direct into TB with an ASCII format. For pure RnD it also took a 1m cell but started to choke a bit.

wow that looks beautyful ,love the vegitation it looks good placed.

At least from the images it looks really promising. It's one of the few maps that has a really inner character.

I hope you eventually finish the rest of the islands to have a nice cozy archipelago. You could add them one by one to a big map.

Looks amazing! Great job.

If you want to add new functionalities ro that LST just tell me so.

I'm finishing with the modelling of an Independence class LCS and I'm fairly experienced with Arma 3 ships modding difficulties

Looks really amazing! Upvoted this on MANW. Keep it up and make it good!

Hi all,

I would like to just take a moment to thank everyone who voted and supported me on the forums/MANW website. I was able to submit a prototype build, but ran out of time to offer a final/complete version. There are many things I still need to do before a public release. This will be happening over the next few weeks.

I will be working on...

• improving the clutter
  • map names
  • gameplay areas for missions
  • general details
  • underwater areas
  • foliage/flowers
  • 3D assets (inc. offshore LST ship)
  • Much more

I have added some screenshots that reflects the prototype version. Lots will change/improve but should give you an idea of the feel/look of the terrain... I hope you like it! :cool:

1_low.jpg

High Res

2_low.jpg

High Res

3_low.jpg

High Res

4_low.jpg

High Res

5_low.jpg

High Res

6_low.jpg

High Res

7_low.jpg

High Res

8_low.jpg

High Res

9_low.jpg

High Res

At least judging by the pics, you got there a really beautiful map.

If I may suggest, try to limit yourself with the radar buildings and the white domes, as they reduce quite much mission story possibilities and immersion.

I must recognize I'm hyped by this project, and hope to be able to play it relatively soon :)

Keep it up with the good work!

Cannot wait to get home and try this - looking really beautiful. Also loving the inclusion of the red telephone box. Now if only there was a Blue Police Box somewhere....

Holy shit, those screenshots just ooze atmosphere, bleak and beautiful at the same time.

I wish you best of luck with this project.

You have my support with MANW contest.

5-10 custom objects
That's what's missing on most of new maps, feels so refreshing, you got it right, awesome pics, keep up the good work :)