Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Addon cars

Hey just thought I'd speak my mind of the current addons realeased by Mehanic and other addon-making people...

The cars go way too damn fast! Compare them to a Jeep and they go 3x or 4x faster! My request is that you guys take a look at the configuration of the Skoda, and match, or give or take a few KPH. The cars are great, the speed is a bit too much!

There is more to this problem. Ofp cars have unfortunately a maximum velocity limit. All the recent car addons are using max possible speed. If you use only one car, that is no problem, but as soon as you start comparing different cars, it becomes ridiculous.

I am currently making a Koenigsegg CC for OFP:

keggpromo.jpg

IRL it has a top speed of 400 km/h. In OFP it will be as fast as a Ford Bronco due to the limitations of ofp and the abuse of the car speeds sad.gif

Sports cars like that should be able to go fast, but the bronco, the expedition, the explorer, the escillade are all top speed, but they should be slower...

Especially since they are fords (except the escilade)

Its looking great though denoir smile.gif I was afraid what happened to carspeeds would happen to weapons too, people making their weapon "uberweapons" Thank goodness that hasnt happened.

I'm really impressed with the work Mechanic has done. Given the limitations and quirks of OFP I think he has put out some awesome cars. Black Baron has also done quality work and I look forward to his Vette.

Denoir, the car looks great. Have you included an ejection seat for when you launch it off your UBËRRAMP<tm>??

I'm also impressed by Mechanics work but he need somebody to help him with the textures. The textures of the first cars are awful sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am currently making a Koenigsegg CC for OFP:

<span id='postcolor'>

Looks very good wow.gifwow.gif Great job!

I totally agree with you guys. The OFP car speed is a problem. What I mean the skoda is a slug compared to what it was like in real life. Getting a realistic-stay-on-the-ground-speed is very much a hit and miss problem. A tutorial on setting different vehicle cpps would be a handy tool for car makers.

Well, with those cars, i'ver never broken the 200 (what is it - kph?? mph??) line, but with the suzuki motorcycle it's no problem to come to 215 whatever...

bye,

gr4vy

Speaking of cars, mechanic has just released a ferrari 355 pack with 3 ferraris biggrin.gif

lol biggrin.gif many people are thinking that i make one car in a day or 2, some cars i have made month ago and some last weeks and ..., i just havent release any pics.This speed limit is realy one big problem.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mehanic @ Sep. 19 2002,17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol biggrin.gif  many people are thinking that i make one car in a day or 2, some cars i have made month ago and some last weeks and ..., i just havent release any pics.This speed limit is realy one big problem.<span id='postcolor'>

What about paying more attention to the details, for instance:

the marks the wheels leave on the street should match the actual size of the wheels

low resolution LODs

overall handling of your cars is... not as good as it could be

I myself would be happy if you release only one car a week wich is really finetuned instead of throwing them out daily when they are far from beeing finnished.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (habdoel @ Sep. 19 2002,19:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">any info on this baby? http://www.flashpoint.ru/news/images/monstex1.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm.. I seem to remember WKK Gimbal having started a bigfoot type truck. But he's been out of the game for so long now that it is probably not his..

Looks pretty good though smile.gif

Konyak

OMG Mechanic, wow.gif

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/mehanic/Cars/911/1.jpg

How do you do it.

I think you found an easy way to export/import 3d models for OFP, otherwise you aren t human  tounge.gif

Nice work.

Though it would be cool to have better sounds on the cars !

/Edit :

Sorry mods, didn t realise the pic was too big, left link confused.gif

Every single car in OFP accelerates too fast... even the original Jeep. And the addon cars... can you say F1. They also handle too well at the speed... can you say F1 again. smile.gif

Top speed for a bronco should be what 195Km/h? Expedition 200Km/h?

approximately, and that's after accelerating for about 50 seconds.

yes i have found some easy ways how to import car in opf.

I have work on handing and i think it is fine and so one els have told me that handing ist so good, what you mean exactly KKB and what about that weel

I like Mehanic's cars, especially considering how rapidly they are released. A few of them seem a bit small to me when compared to the official vehicles, like the Aston Martin for example which I know for a fact is a pretty big car as there's one in a garage near my house. I also think the wheel arches on several of them would benefit from a higher polycount as they look really bad with angular arches. As well as this they all have bulletproof glass which is unrealistic. Easily the most pressing problem though is the acceleration and top speeds as has already been said. Even if acceleration cannot be implemented because of the limits of the OFP engine, at least top speeds should be modified. Having 4x4's that can match Ferrari's on a straight run up a runway makes the whole idea of different kinds of cars seem wasted if this is going to be the case. confused.gif

The Jeep is a reliable vehicle though, I used to have one myself... it can accelerate as fast as it wants smile.gif

As for Mehanic, I didn't mean to offend you! Your cars slide around like toys on a wood floor, and they need to slow down (like the Skoda) when they go off the road...

---------------- (adding more)

Exactly, Munger! Thats what I mean, you should also put the cars to scale instead of having a vehicle, such as a mustang, larger than a jeep in heigth...

The monster truck on Flashpoint.ru looks nice, as long as they fine tune it I'll take it smile.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Sep. 19 2002,17:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Jeep is a reliable vehicle though, I used to have one myself... it can accelerate as fast as it wants smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Come on, come on... it can't accelerate very fast. It feels like it, but if you check on a track you will see. smile.gif

Wow Mehanic, that Peugeot texturing is superb! Especially considering how hard it must be to get hold of good textures for car interiors. I think on the whole your textures are pretty good. Certainly compared to Ultra's XJ220 and recent BMW M5 which have large areas of completely untextured interiors which looks lame in all honesty. What bugs me is that physically your cars are great, but then they all handle pretty much the same as each other and this ruins them. Could you not ask someone else to do the config.cpp's for you? I'm sure there are other car experts/enthusiasts here who would be happy to make your cars perform as well as they look. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Sep. 20 2002,11:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow Mehanic, that Peugeot texturing is superb! Especially considering how hard it must be to get hold of good textures for car interiors. I think on the whole your textures are pretty good. Certainly compared to Ultra's XJ220 and recent BMW M5 which have large areas of completely untextured interiors which looks lame in all honesty. What bugs me is that physically your cars are great, but then they all handle pretty much the same as each other and this ruins them. Could you not ask someone else to do the config.cpp's for you? I'm sure there are other car experts/enthusiasts here who would be happy to make your cars perform as well as they look.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i am surprised at how quickly mehanic imported those cars,

the only faults i can see is the handling,

u cant keep it floored when going around corners, because youll hit the trees on the side of the road,

even the subaru impreza slides, in RL that is not the case,

it has the Most grip out of sports car i reckon

just tone down the sliding for the impreza, because on tarmac, the car will turn perfectly and not slide,

thanks,

keep up the good work mehanic,

P.S. "Mechanic" is the correct english spelling,

bye