A.Cyprus

Cyprus Quick-Release System

Cyprus Quick-Release System v1.0

Initial Release: v1.0: 20 OCTOBER 2014

About:

Cyprus QRS adds quick-release buckles to Backpacks and Launchers so that you can drop them quickly, using a simple keypress, without having to open your Inventory first. User-configurable keybinds allow you to drop one or the other, or both items at the same time. If you are carrying or using a Map or GPS, QRS will automatically create a marker visible on your map only, at the location you quick-released an item. The use and appearance of these markers is user-configurable. When you pick up the backpack or launcher you quick-released earlier, the respective QRS marker is automatically removed from your map.

You can quick-release in any stance, whilst stationary or running. When running, you will stop to quick-release your items, so taking cover first is recommended.

You cannot quick-release whilst:

- in a vehicle

- using a static weapon

- freefalling (e.g. HALO)

- using a parachute

- using a ladder

- standing, swimming, or diving in water

It is likely I have not foreseen all relevant situations, so please do report any dodginess you may come across - especially conflicts with other mods that introduce further actions.

More info:

Quick-Release System key bindings may be changed in-game via: CONFIGURE > CONTROLS > CONFIGURE ADDONS.

The following settings may be changed to your liking via the userconfig file:

- enable/disable automatic creation of map markers when you quick-release a backpack

- enable/disable automatic creation of map markers when you quick-release a launcher

- set the map marker text added when you quick-release a backpack, or disable it

- set the map marker text added when you quick-release a launcher, or disable it

- set the map marker type used when you quick-release an item

- set the map marker and text colour used when you quick-release an item

To do:

In future, I may decide to:

- make user-configurable items adjustable via an in-game interface, instead of the userconfig file

- add a 3D semi-transparent marker visible in-game, similar to objectives, to guide you back to quick-release points

- change the default action menu item for quick-released items, to allow collecting all in one go

Personal spiel:

QRS was my first addon idea, but not my first actual release. I chose it because I used to play solo a lot, or coop in very small teams, always very heavily laden with launchers and ammo. Very often I needed to ditch extraneous kit to manuvre faster for scouting or CQB, and to avoid fatigue. I grew tired of having to open my Inventory and right-click to drop stuff, hence my Cyprus Quick-Release System idea was born.

Whilst a very simple concept, in practice it gave me some tricky scripting challenges, and I've learned a lot from making it.

It would be great to hear from those of you who add Cyprus Quick-Release System to your server, mission, mod collection or repository, or simply enjoy using it.

Drop me a PM or post below. Thanks! :)

A.Cyprus

Downloads:

- Dropbox, v1.0

- Play withSix, v1.0

- Armaholic, v1.0

Screenshots:

Requirements:

- CBA for Arma 3

- A frustratingly heavy backpack and/or launcher weapon

- Fatigue optional

Simple instructions:

- Install the addon folder to your Arma 3 directory, or regular addon folder path

- Drop the userconfig folder inside your Arma 3\userconfig directory

- Customise settings in cyp_quickrelease_a3_config.hpp if needed

- Launch Arma 3 with parameter -mod=@CBA_A3;@cyp_quickrelease_a3

- Set your Quick-Release key bindings in-game via: CONFIGURE > CONTROLS > CONFIGURE ADDONS

Known Issues:

- None, so far.

Server admins:

Cyprus Quick-Release System is signed. In fact, it is signed twice, and I have included two sets of keys. I'm going for both granularity AND simplicity.

- cyprus.bikey : this corresponds to my personal non-specific key

- cyprus-quickrelease.bikey : this corresponds to my personal key unique for this particular addon only

In this way you may either allow all my addons or cherry pick only those you want by adding the appropriate keys to your server.

Thanks to:

- [Mox] Lanski-TPF-, for the graphics, patience and encouragement

- Taosenai and the CBA team, for their Keybinding System

- Melkho [ExpBG], for allowing me to talk at him re my disappearing GWH problems and, in doing so, having a moment of clarity

- The authors and contributors of BIS Community WIKI, for such a useful reference

- Armaholic and withSix networks for hosting this addon

- My friends at the Expeditionary Battlegroup

- You, for using the Cyprus Quick-Release System :)

License:

This work is released under the Arma Public License Share Alike license.

APL-SA.png

Please include the readme.txt intact when 'sharing' the addon.

Change log:

- [initial release, 20.10.2014]

Edited by ACyprus

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@cyp_quickrelease_a3.png

@ ACyprus ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice! I like the idea, makes it more efficient to get rid of items you can use anymore or want to pick up another with.

One question, is there any plans to make it possible to do a quick release for weapons?

I know one would want to check the inventory of a killed enemy if they are doing that and grab any ammo for the gun, your thoughts.

Hello, and thanks for the feedback.

It wouldn't be too difficult to implement similar features for primary weapons or sidearms but to be honest that's not really the idea behind this addon.

I see it as a way to quickly drop encumbering items for improved manuverabilty - but I always assumed people would eventually return to the drop-point and retrieve them. Hence the map markers. More of a temporary stash, than discarding.

I suppose you could use QRS in the way you suggest, you could just disable map marker automation in the userconfig.

If you're looking to swap weapons with a downed enemy though, you still need to grab theirs at some point, which would automatically swap out yours and the ammo anyway. So there's little need to quick-release first.

If you were after a new action menu for a corpse to switch weapons all in one go without opening inventories, that might be a separate addon.

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting.

How would you imagine it working exactly?

Edited by ACyprus

Have received the following comment on the Armaholic download page. I'm hoping for some general feed back from the rest of you here:

2014-10-21 13:14 Posted by kazenokizu

Very nice

Maybe also instead of a marker

have options for strobe chem-lights

and a grid reference saved in the journal or that can be brought up or saved in another way

Still really nice job m8

I'm thinking a diary entry with grid ref would be a decent (configurable) replacement to map markers.

What's the general feeling on the other suggestions?

Getting this when trying to load the mod:

---------------------------

Arma 3

Include file userconfig\cyp_quickrelease_a3\cyp_quickrelease_a3_config.hpp not found.

OK

Thought I'd let ya know.

Heya

Thanks for the report, apologies for delayed response - I haven't been here in a while.

Could you let me know which source you downloaded from please?

Thanks!

Just to let you know getting the same thing (not sure if your still monitoring this thread)

both with the Armaholic and Dropbox links

Have placed the folder from usercong into the userconficig folder - cant see anything amiss with the text

I was getting a similar error but now it isn't showing up as a configurable addon in the controls.

Me thinks BI broke the mod with a recent update. I so want to use this mod!!!