dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

Feedback from my unit from today(I did not write these):

-The coloring of the plate carriers and the MARPAT seems to be off(should be coyote tan but have a slight green tint)

-The weapons have good looking models and nice sounds, but there are a few (M249, M240) that you cannot attach optics to

-Also had the SMAW turn invisible when loading a rocket.

-Adjusting the zeroing of the weapon actually changed the height of the iron sights, which was a nice touch.

Guys, that´s really a pity you have so much trouble with binarisation, the VTN is really promissing, could use more cus the errors prevented from loading save games and it seems some vehicles are lacking (we have pilots, but no chopper nor jets) but I really loved the sounds and realism features, hope you guys add ASDG JR support, cus your weapons are quite well modelled and I would really love to use your accessories on other modded weapons, as well as on vanilla´s... keep it up and anxious for the hotfix =)

Cheers/Spasibo!

Btw, I want to add that the addition of the M44 Mosin Nagant is fucking excellent! Really great and fun shooter! Maybe a SKS in the future ;)

Is anyone else getting a CTD when trying to equip the M4 in Virtual Arsenal? Also getting some errors upon Startup and whilst first ingame...

TA31RMR's RMR sight just has arma2's red dot. Could you make it like Arma3 vanilla red dot?

Is anyone else getting a CTD when trying to equip the M4 in Virtual Arsenal?

Yes, I reported it earlier. Leet stated there will be a patch sometime later today.

If in make arma not war were competetion named "injustified expectations" , VTN would definitely won this one.

Lets be honest, VTN have 1364 supporters and it is quite a lot if you watch all other mods/missions - I know it have nothing to winning MANW or score, but it show how many people were waiting for this mod and propably following progres. Link to DL was after deadline, it mean VTN will not be counted into competition?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Lets be honest, VTN have 1364 supporters and it is quite a lot if you watch all other mods/missions - I know it have nothing to winning MANW or score, but it show how many people were waiting for this mod and propably following progres. Link to DL was after deadline, it mean VTN will not be counted into competition?

Archive was uploaded to dropbox before deadline. Also here it was placed before deadline because deadline was extended till 23:59 GMT.

If in make arma not war were competetion named "injustified expectations" , VTN would definitely won this one.

With only one guy working on programming part some others with models/textures and no one with configs whos knows how to they work in A3 that what you get. But as I've said - expect patches.

So far only one person here on BI forum offered to help us.

Are there vehicles in the demo? I'm not seeing any.

The mod looks really goddamn promising. Could be replacing the majority of my weapon packs for my group.

I want to be able to mix AGM's mechanics with this mod's content (and nothing else). Hopefully that will be possible!

Awesome job guys, can't wait for more!

Heads up, I got a CTD trying to pull out an AT4. I had it equipped okay with arsenal, but when I tried to switch to it I CTD'd

Nope, no vehicles at the moment. They still require a lot of work.

I'm getting a CTD on the U.S. Marines woodland MARPAT MARSOC rifleman unit. Don't know if it's the only one, But it's happened twice in a row.

And who for goddamn sake attached screenshots with vehicles and chernarus like island to armaholic page of demo? Was this done on purpose? To troll us! I have no words!

I'm getting a CTD on the U.S. Marines woodland MARPAT MARSOC rifleman unit. Don't know if it's the only one, But it's happened twice in a row.

Because Mk.18 got a glitch after binarising

Edited by Leet

And who for goddamn sake attached screenshots with vehicles and chernarus like island to armaholic page of demo? Was this done on purpose? To troll us! I have no words!

Oh, you mean the VTN pictures sourced from here?

If the Armaholic staff put up VTN-made pictures containing vehicles that the VTN demo doesn't have is the worst thing that happens to you this year, you're doing alright. Turn it down a notch or ten, Jesus.

This mod has alot of potential, it does a lot of things right. And some of the weapon models are just so sexy, the pkp and ak-105's for example. Haven't gone through them all yet. I'm impressed, more impressed by this then I was by a mod I was waiting for excitedly for some time. I won't drop names. One thing though is I wish it was compatible with AGM, and I don't really care for the removal of the zoom, or the fake 3d scoped ACOG. I'm excited by the muzzle flash, it looks like you've done it right. Finally someone who attempts to make realistic muzzle flashes instead of just throwing on BI exaggerated, cool factor Arma 3 flashes. Also like the option of going safe, and how the selectors actually switch to safe.

If the Armaholic staff put up VTN-made pictures containing vehicles that the VTN demo doesn't have is the worst thing that happens to you this year, you're doing alright. Turn it down a notch or ten, Jesus.

Never mind him. I knew the name sounded familiar...

Duplicate account has been banned.

Well disregard what Ranger said, I'm loving what you guys have released so far, though there are parts here and there that need some working on and tweaking, honestly I'm glad you blokes released this, finished or not its fking tops.

1826Borat-med.jpg

The size of the file is crazy considering the small amount of content included in the demo. How come?

The size of the file is crazy considering the small amount of content included in the demo. How come?

Tons of weapons.

Well disregard what Ranger said, I'm loving what you guys have released so far, though there are parts here and there that need some working on and tweaking, honestly I'm glad you blokes released this, finished or not its fking tops.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-N-fqYMbgsQY/T2-BNbaeLJI/AAAAAAAAAjo/tR4j5elcero/s1600/1826Borat-med.jpg

Thank you.

Thanks to everybody who supports us even with that buggy release.

Regarding of the bugs, every game/mods/addons in arma or in other games are buggy when they came out, this is why devs patch them. Don't bother yourselves with RangerRB, take the time. We've waiting more than a year, so waiting another week or month for vehicules and bug fixing is not going to kill us :)

Btw, thank you for making this mod. I feel like in A2 a bit :yay:

Beside the bugs stated in previous post, this is promising a lot. Really been looking forward to this mod, it sure is gonna be a great addition to the game.

Don' bother with some ignorant posts @Leet, being part of a small dev team myself, I understand perfectly well your problems, especially if your project is aiming to the highest level, which is is the case with VTN.

Wish you all the best, can't wait to get back home and test this release :)