dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

Hi !

Thanks for the fix. Is there a way to disable the medical system ? To use ACE instead.

Polish Translation..... If you will be somewhere in Poland, in Małopolskie region, give me a sign, you got best local beer in my fridge :)

• Like 1

...Is there a way to disable the medical system ? To use ACE instead.

I don't think so.

Do you plan to add this feature in futur ?

No.

No.

Why not, Yanot?  :D

• Like 1

Why not, Yanot?  :D

Well its the addon/mod makers choice if they want to add or not add features. 

Well its the addon/mod makers choice if they want to add or not add features. 

Don't bother answering to this retard :D  He's the one who made VTN's first aid system (and pretty much the whole script part of the mod :D) and just messing around here, on forum, instead of fixing it and making VTN great again  :angry:

• Like 1

Thank you, Foxhound :) 

Hi, would it be possible to use VTN with ACE ? Thanks !

You can, but without medical system

Hi, would it be possible to use VTN with ACE ? Thanks !

Hey. No. ACEs medical and VTNs first aid systems aren't compatible. And as I've already mentioned here before - we're not planning to disable our first aid system. We're constantly improving it and see no reason to adapt VTN for ACE.

Hey. No. ACEs medical and VTNs first aid systems aren't compatible. And as I've already mentioned here before - we're not planning to disable our first aid system. We're constantly improving it and see no reason to adapt VTN for ACE.

Roger that. I would like to use the other ACE functions but with your medical system that's why ! :P

Roger that. I would like to use the other ACE functions but with your medical system that's why ! :P

I guess if you'll somehow manage to disable medical ACE system - possibly, maybe, somehow magically, I'm not sure how, but it'll just may work out :D No guarantees tho. DAP (VTN's scripter) says that VTN's scripts are having some kind of a conflicts with CBA.

• Like 1

So i played this today with RHS (to my amazement it worked) but noticed  issues when opening virtual arsenal :
19:26:14 Warning Message: Picture \vtn_wpne_svd_cf\ico\vtn_svd92_ca.paa not found
19:26:14 String STR_DN_VTN_RPK74_84 not found
19:26:14 String STR_DN_VTN_RPK74N_84 not found
19:26:14 Warning Message: Picture \vtn_wpne_svd_cf\ico\vtn_svd63_ca.paa not found
19:26:14 Warning Message: Picture \vtn_wpne_svd_cf\ico\vtn_svd86_ca.paa not found

^^This may be related to RHS conflict but....
I get SVD and want to snipe 500M target - and i barelly see him (crouching man in clouddy day). Then i get RHS SVD with their version of PSO 1M2 and i can clearly see the target, and scope itself have bigger magnification. So did your PSO have wrong magnification or is it some other version of PSO?

From other questions - what about bolt action animations for rifles? Do you know how or have some troubles to apply them?
^^This can be usefull : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182380-weapon-eventhandler-framework/

Also i watched your UAZ again..... Man, its really masterpiece, RVMATs, textures, interior, hell good job!

If you use the mod VTN with RHS, then stop working all RHS grenades. They can be seen in the virtual arsenal, they come to unload, but they can not be used. Grenades can not throw.  And please tell me how to use earplugs. Thanks for the help

I get SVD and want to snipe 500M target - and i barelly see him (crouching man in clouddy day). Then i get RHS SVD with their version of PSO 1M2 and i can clearly see the target, and scope itself have bigger magnification. So did your PSO have wrong magnification or is it some other version of PSO?

VTN uses realistic magnification. The real magnification of PSO-1 is 4x and FOV is 6°. I'm not sure, but perhaps RHS uses the standard BI's PSO-1 magnification from Arma 2 which is waaaaaay above the realistic specifications. VTN isn't about comfort. It's about realism :)

From other questions - what about bolt action animations for rifles? Do you know how or have some troubles to apply them?

^^This can be usefull : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182380-weapon-eventhandler-framework/

We'll consider that. Thank you :)

• Like 2

VTN uses realistic magnification. The real magnification of PSO-1 is 4x and FOV is 6°. I'm not sure, but perhaps RHS uses the standard BI's PSO-1 magnification from Arma 2 which is waaaaaay above the realistic specifications. VTN isn't about comfort. It's about realism :)

We'll consider that. Thank you :)

So you deleted my confusion now :) Is there PSO-3 in your pipeline? I know there is some modified scope on "tuning" SVD.

hxyZep1.png

UPDATE

VERSION: 0.4.2 BUILD 1950

CHANGELOG:

Fixed: Missed turret on wrecked HMMWV with M2HB/M240/PKM

Improved: UAZ 3151 and UAZ 469 

Improved: HMMWV M1151

Improved: KamAZ 5350

Improved: MK23 MTVR

Improved: Inventory system

Improved: Damage system and first aid system

Improved: Supression effects

Improved: Polish translation

Arma3Sync autoconfig url:

• Like 5

Is there a way to adjust a.i. skill level? Its brutal trying to fight the ai in this mod currently. 

You can use AI difficulty settings in options menu, or this command, for custom scenarios, created in editor.

Hello everyony;-) Some old renders of our M1A1(USMC):

vtn_m1a1_7.pngvtn_m1a1_3-1.pngvtn_m1a1_6.png

P.S.: What we do now? Making retopology of this cool tank for A3:)) And more... more... other things for mod...

Best regards!

• Like 10