dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

I own a real 6B45 and this looks awesome compared to the real one 😁

I would hope to see it soon with pouches or even the load bearing vest "6Sh117"! My unit would like to use this vest mixed with other RHS gear, since 6B23s are old, and Russian units need new gear! It looks awesome, keep up the awesome work!

4 hours ago, SrLT. Vladimir Plotnikov said:

I own a real 6B45 and this looks awesome compared to the real one 😁

I would hope to see it soon with pouches or even the load bearing vest "6Sh117"! My unit would like to use this vest mixed with other RHS gear, since 6B23s are old, and Russian units need new gear! It looks awesome, keep up the awesome work!

Russian units in RHS don t need new gear, althrough that is always welcomed. RHS AFRF doesn t represent modern russian military faction, it represents russian forces from roughly 2009-2013 timeframe with some newer bits and pieces. The same goes for RHS USAF mod. 

1 hour ago, bolo861 said:

Russian units in RHS don t need new gear, althrough that is always welcomed. RHS AFRF doesn t represent modern russian military faction, it represents russian forces from roughly 2009-2013 timeframe with some newer bits and peaces. The same goes for RHS USAF mod. 

That's true but a lot of players would prefer to have 6B45 and 6Sh117 rather than T-14 Armata in Arma 3. VTN has a very high quality pack of AK's. Probably the best. Against this background the equipment in mod looked outdated. But now, with those things that were shown, I hope that equipment will be of appropriate quality. Love both RHS and VTN. They are just different.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Disgusting_Man said:

That's true but a lot of players would prefer to have 6B45 and 6Sh117 rather than T-14 Armata in Arma 3. VTN has a very high quality pack of AK's. Probably the best. Against this background the equipment in mod looked outdated. But now, with those things that were shown, I hope that equipment will be of appropriate quality. Love both RHS and VTN. They are just different.

Yes

I do wonder (and its a question towards DEVs probably) if there is the possibility of adding parts of the ratnik assembly soon? Of course I understand fully making mods takes a long time, i'm just very excited to see the addition of things like 6B45s with pouches, maybe even the 6B47 with 6B50 goggles.

5 hours ago, SrLT. Vladimir Plotnikov said:

Yes

I do wonder (and its a question towards DEVs probably) if there is the possibility of adding parts of the ratnik assembly soon? Of course I understand fully making mods takes a long time, i'm just very excited to see the addition of things like 6B45s with pouches, maybe even the 6B47 with 6B50 goggles.

Or if the lord permits, maybe even 6B49 protective suit and 6Sh122 scout suit

On 7/25/2019 at 1:34 PM, b3lx said:

If you mean CUP and RHS I disagree because they don't mix well with VTN in aesthetics or sound, and at least in case of RHS it's not even compatible. VTN, CUP and RHS are mutually exclusive. If you mean other mods besides CUP and RHS please say which ones, I don't know any others with the same type of basic content and amount of assets. 

We're not aware of any compatibility issues with VTN (nor can i think of any reason why that would be as the scripting in CUP is minimal and usually asset-specific), care to elaborate?

3 hours ago, CUP said:

We're not aware of any compatibility issues with VTN (nor can i think of any reason why that would be as the scripting in CUP is minimal and usually asset-specific), care to elaborate?

I meant that a VTN AKM looks and sounds different from a CUP AKM which makes them inconsistent to use in the same mission, and so I prefer to use just one. But I don't think they are incompatible since I believe both VTN and CUP use the same damage values as vanilla (please correct if this is wrong). By incompatible I was referring to using different damage values which I believe to be the case of RHS. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, b3lx said:

I meant that a VTN AKM looks and sounds different from a CUP AKM which makes them inconsistent to use in the same mission, and so I prefer to use just one. But I don't think they are incompatible since I believe both VTN and CUP use the same damage values as vanilla (please correct if this is wrong). By incompatible I was referring to using different damage values which I believe to be the case of RHS. 

Fair enough, thank you.

• Like 1

Hi, dak

Some bugs:

"VTN_TOYOTA_LC_HZJ79_ZU23" - value "TransportRepair = 10000"  makes it a repair vehicle. Should be  "TransportRepair = 0" like  "VTN_KAMAZ5350_379_ZU23_EMR"
"VTN_TOYOTA_LC_HZJ79_KPVT" - problem in shadow when destroyed.

• Like 1

hxyZep1.png

UPDATE

VERSION 0.5.1 BUILD 4275

CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

Added: Pro-Tec Classic Half Cut Helmet
Added: ESS Profile NVG ballistic goggles
Added: Various face masks
Added: Various bandanas
Added: Various turbans
Improved: DH132A crew helmet
Improved: Ragdoll physics

STEAM WORKSHOP

ARMAHOLIC.COM

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2020 at 11:53 AM, Adrik Shcherbatyuk said:

Where is BMP? M1 Abrams? Helicopters? You post on VK, I see in promotional works, but it does not appear on mod.

They are still in development.

hxyZep1.png

UPDATE

VERSION 0.5.1 BUILD 4285

CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

Added: Aimpoint Micro T-1 reflex sight with L-3 EOTech G33.STS switch-to-side magnifier
Added: L-3 EOTech 553 reflex sight with L-3 EOTech G33.STS switch-to-side magnifier
Added: Trijicon RM06 Type 2 Adjustable LED reflex sight
Added: Streamlight TLR-7 tactical flashlight
Added: SureFire M300C tactical flashlight
Added: AN/PRC-117F manpack digital radio variants
Added: AN/PRC-150 manpack digital radio variants
Added: Small shoulder first aid kit bag
Added: Duffel bag
Added: MICH TC-2000 variants
Added: MICH TC-2001 variants
Added: MICH TC-2002 variants
Added: Various berets
Added: Various caps
Improved: SSH68 helmet
Improved: 6B26 helmet
Improved: Damage system and first aid system
Improved: MagazineWells compatibility
Improved: Ragdoll physics
Improved: Visual effects
Fixed: 1P87 shadow lod
Fixed: Missed ESS ICE GRAY description

STEAM WORKSHOP

ARMAHOLIC.COM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Adrik Shcherbatyuk said:

Still? After 3,4,5,6 years? They looked quite done on VK. In fact, they were in the Arma 2 mod. 

Still. They looks quite done from outside. But inside they are far from done.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, DAP said:

Still. They looks quite done from outside. But inside they are far from done.

Most looked quite done on VK on the inside as well, not to mention the models that have almost certainly been ported. Not to mention that certain vehicle interiors are completely not needed, such as tanks. Right now the mod is feature-incomplete and has little in the way of replayability due to the lack of any vehicles besides cars and two APCs. Could you perhaps release a development version with incomplete vehicles? Even ones that are not functional from the inside are vehicles nonetheless. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Adrik Shcherbatyuk said:

Most looked quite done on VK on the inside as well, not to mention the models that have almost certainly been ported. Not to mention that certain vehicle interiors are completely not needed, such as tanks. Right now the mod is feature-incomplete and has little in the way of replayability due to the lack of any vehicles besides cars and two APCs. Could you perhaps release a development version with incomplete vehicles? Even ones that are not functional from the inside are vehicles nonetheless. 

Let him work at his own pace man, if he feels like it's ready then it's ready.

You can still play other scenarios, other mods, other maps in the meantime.

• Like 3

What about VKPO, 6b45 and new Gorka? They were shown in november and it looked like they were already finished. Just asking.

On 4/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, Disgusting_Man said:

What about VKPO, 6b45 and new Gorka? They were shown in november and it looked like they were already finished. Just asking.

In progress. New uniforms will be released with new vests, helmets and backpacks.

hxyZep1.png

UPDATE

VERSION 0.5.1 BUILD 4295

CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

Improved: ZSH-7 helmet material
Fixed: Attachments on AK103 siderail in first person view
Fixed: Land Cruiser HZJ79 SC (ZU-23-2) can't repair anymore
Fixed: Land Cruiser HZJ79 SC (KPVT) shadow lods

STEAM WORKSHOP

ARMAHOLIC.COM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAP said:

In progress. New uniforms will be released with new vests, helmets and backpacks.

Good! Thank you!

On 4/7/2020 at 12:03 AM, Adrik Shcherbatyuk said:

Lol, he is telling you is not done, why do you think you know more than him?

6 hours ago, Synchronized said:

Lol, he is telling you is not done, why do you think you know more than him?

No, but I've heard from a dev or a former dev that they had a bunch of stuff ready back in 2015.