dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

Amazing mod just seen it and already loving it, anyone knows any good servers that use this mod btw?

Awesome mod! Sorry if I sound like I broken record (assuming others have voiced this opinion), but it would be greatly appreciated if there were modules or something to enable/disable certain features of the mod. My biggest gripe is honestly losing the ability to zoom in with iron sights while holding your breath. It's a small thing to whine about, I know.

• Like 1

Also, any plans to add the CBA Integration to steam workshop? Also, I was getting problems running Veteran on a wasteland server. I kept getting stuck in the drag/ first aid animation.

Edited by DrewskiIYH
Added wasteland problem

On 23.05.2018 at 11:11 AM, DrewskiIYH said:

Awesome mod! Sorry if I sound like I broken record (assuming others have voiced this opinion), but it would be greatly appreciated if there were modules or something to enable/disable certain features of the mod. My biggest gripe is honestly losing the ability to zoom in with iron sights while holding your breath. It's a small thing to whine about, I know.

It's ArmA config-structure issue. There is no way to change config parameters "on the fly" on stable build. The only way - create your own addon, which will replace all specific config parameters and bring "zoom" back.

On 27.05.2018 at 9:49 AM, DrewskiIYH said:

Also, any plans to add the CBA Integration to steam workshop?

I will think about it :)

On 27.05.2018 at 9:49 AM, DrewskiIYH said:

I was getting problems running Veteran on a wasteland server. I kept getting stuck in the drag/ first aid animation.

It's looks like conflicts in configs of drag/heal animations between Wasteland and VTN.

hxyZep1.png

UPDATE

VERSION 0.4.5 BUILD 3575

CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

Added: Ability to reload underbarrel weapon without switching to it (Alt + R)
Changed: Ability to use underbarrel weapon without switching to it (Alt + F)
Changed: Ability to ducking down for turret gunner on HMMWV M1151 with M2HB/MK19 ( X )
Changed: Switching between sights on ZU-23-2 (Q / E)
Improved: BRDM-2
Improved: BRDM-2A
Improved: UAZ 469
Improved: UAZ 3151
Improved: HMMWV M1151
Improved: SVD textures
Improved: RPG-7 textures
Improved: Particle effects
Improved: Inventory system
Improved: Advanced grenade throwing
Improved: Damage system and first aid system
Fixed: Shadow lod on M4
Fixed: Shadow lod on M4A1
Fixed: Shadow lod on M16A4
Fixed: Loader camera position on ZU-23-2 static weapon
Fixed: Particle effects for Mk82
Fixed: Particle effects for GBU-12
Fixed: Indirect hit radius for 120 mm shells
Fixed: Indirect hit radius for 155 mm shells

STEAM WORKSHOP

ARMAHOLIC.COM

ARMA3SYNC autoconfig url

ftp://185.248.102.134/Updater_WOG/ArmA3Sync/VTN_A3/.a3s/autoconfig

OPTIONAL ADDON

VTN CBA INTEGRATION

VERSION 1.0

This addon allows to Community Base Addons and VTN work together properly.

DOWNLOAD

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Quick hotfix deployed.

hxyZep1.png

UPDATE

VERSION 0.4.5 BUILD 3580

CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

Fixed: Inventory picture for M4

STEAM WORKSHOP

ARMAHOLIC.COM

ARMA3SYNC autoconfig url

OPTIONAL ADDON

VTN CBA INTEGRATION

VERSION 1.0

DOWNLOAD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There is else one hotfix coming. Issue with medical menu is known and will be fixed soon as possible.

hxyZep1.png

UPDATE

VERSION 0.4.5 BUILD 3585

CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

Fixed: Inability to reload non-empty magazine
Fixed: Disappearing buttons in first aid dialogs
Fixed: Shadow lod on Mk18 Mod 0

STEAM WORKSHOP

ARMAHOLIC.COM

ARMA3SYNC autoconfig url

OPTIONAL ADDON

VTN CBA INTEGRATION

VERSION 1.0

DOWNLOAD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After the last update of the VTN, it is impossible to change the type of ammunition (HE to armor-piercing) in the t-140 Angara.

I'll check that.

• Like 1

hxyZep1.png

UPDATE

VERSION 0.4.5 BUILD 3745

CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

Improved: Code performance
Improved: Advanced grenade throwing
Improved: Self-contained launchers system
Improved: Damage system and first aid system
Fixed: 1P78-2 telescopic sight
Fixed: Shadow lod on Mk18 Mod 0
Fixed: Duplicated reload actions in commanding menu
Fixed: Missed reload actions for gunner on T-140 Angara
Fixed: Using underbarrel weapon without switching to it cause... switching to it

STEAM WORKSHOP

ARMAHOLIC.COM

ARMA3SYNC autoconfig url

OPTIONAL ADDON

VTN CBA INTEGRATION

VERSION 1.0

DOWNLOAD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The same problem as it was on the T-140 Angara still on Rhino MGS even after update, and if we speak about it, same problem on RHS BMP's and static launchers (Konkurs, TOW) (yes, i know, thats not your problem, but this is symptom that maybe help you understand what happened). And thank you for the great job on updating so often (and ofcourse for the mod in general)

hxyZep1.png

UPDATE

VERSION 0.4.5 BUILD 3750

CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

Removed: Reload actions on AMV-7 Marshall
Fixed: Missed reload actions on Rhino MGS

STEAM WORKSHOP

ARMAHOLIC.COM

ARMA3SYNC autoconfig url

OPTIONAL ADDON

VTN CBA INTEGRATION

VERSION 1.0

DOWNLOAD

On 29.07.2018 at 5:48 AM, makkuranin said:

The same problem as it was on the T-140 Angara still on Rhino MGS even after update, and if we speak about it, same problem on RHS BMP's and static launchers (Konkurs, TOW) (yes, i know, thats not your problem, but this is symptom that maybe help you understand what happened). And thank you for the great job on updating so often (and ofcourse for the mod in general)

There is still problem with RHS vehicles (or, maybe, vehicles from other mods and addons). It because of custom event handlers on that vehicles. There is two workarounds:

1. Custom compatibility addon look like this:

Spoiler

class CfgPatches
{
         class my_compatibility_addon
         {
                 units[]= { };
                 weapons[]= { };
                 requiredAddons[] = {"custom_addon_classname_that_I_want_to_cahnge"};
         };
};

class CfgVehicles 

{

class my_vehicle_classname_parent;

class my_vehicle_classname : my_vehicle_classname_parent
         {
                class EventHandlers
                {
                        init = "bla-bla-bla-vehicle-init-string-by-default; (_this select 0) call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers ""vtn_core_init\modules\eh\init.sqf"";";
                };
         };

};

2. Add this string in vehicle init in editor (or call this string via scripts):

Spoiler

[objnull,0,this,[0]] call vtn_vehicle_actions_set;

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

hxyZep1.png

UPDATE

VERSION 0.4.5 BUILD 3755

CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

Improved: DLC Encore compatibility
Fixed: Error message on game start

STEAM WORKSHOP

ARMAHOLIC.COM

ARMA3SYNC autoconfig url

OPTIONAL ADDON

VTN CBA INTEGRATION

VERSION 1.0

DOWNLOAD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I really like this mod and what it does with ArmA. The "no-zoom" feature really changes gameplay a lot, making it more difficult for players against AI. And after very long time I even worked out the new gear system. However, I can't really figure out how to resuply vehicles with ammunition. Is there a hotkey for it, or menu of some sort? Take UAZ with KORD for example. How do I reload the KORD with ammo in vehicle inventory?

This mod really does great job of adding interesting new features (really love it), however does terrible job at explaining it's features and how it works. Maybe just a short guide to new features and mechanics you overhauled would really help new players to get into this mod?

Also what is VTN Core and VTN Plus exactly? Is the version on Steam and Armaholic only the VTN Core? Or is it just a demo of some sort (the link to Armaholic on patriot-games.ru says 'demo')? I saw a lot of pictures with T-72s and BMP-2s with VTN/VETERAN logo, is that part of VTN Plus? Where can I get VTN Plus? Or are these BMPs and T-72s part of some VTN Ok mod? Is there a list of VTN Ok mods?

Also the patriot-games.ru shows really cool looking models. The civilian vehicles used by guerrilla forces (the bus and armed trucks), that's really something. The BMP-1s look great. That Liberator PMC rebrand post from few days ago shows some interesting models. I've tried reading most of it using Google translate. Is that the VTN Plus? Or is it part of some semi-official VTN extension?

If it's not clear yet, I'm really confused. I'd love to play with this mod, but could someone please answer my questions about it? Some at least, please.

I really do beg you.

• Like 3

weird bug where the turret ammo is removed from the humvees. all of them. Tried with just VTN and it still happened. Heeek

22 hours ago, BrewerOfBohemia said:

I really like this mod and what it does with ArmA. The "no-zoom" feature really changes gameplay a lot, making it more difficult for players against AI. And after very long time I even worked out the new gear system. However, I can't really figure out how to resuply vehicles with ammunition. Is there a hotkey for it, or menu of some sort? Take UAZ with KORD for example. How do I reload the KORD with ammo in vehicle inventory?

There is three UserAction buttons used in mod right now: UserAction 5 - used for RPS mini-game, UserAction15 - used for manual reloading some static weapon and some cars with mounted weapon, like HMMWV M1151 with M2HB, M240 or MK19 (when you carry ammo for them in your backpack) and teammates with RPG, UserAction20 - used for weapon holstering and changing bipod hold on PKM\PKP.

22 hours ago, BrewerOfBohemia said:

Also what is VTN Core and VTN Plus exactly? Is the version on Steam and Armaholic only the VTN Core? Or is it just a demo of some sort (the link to Armaholic on patriot-games.ru says 'demo')? I saw a lot of pictures with T-72s and BMP-2s with VTN/VETERAN logo, is that part of VTN Plus? Where can I get VTN Plus? Or are these BMPs and T-72s part of some VTN Ok mod? Is there a list of VTN Ok mods?

Also the patriot-games.ru shows really cool looking models. The civilian vehicles used by guerrilla forces (the bus and armed trucks), that's really something. The BMP-1s look great. That Liberator PMC rebrand post from few days ago shows some interesting models. I've tried reading most of it using Google translate. Is that the VTN Plus? Or is it part of some semi-official VTN extension?

All those vehicles still WIP. On screenshots  you can see only exteriors, but most of those vehicles still have no interiors or some important features.

10 hours ago, sossyboy said:

weird bug where the turret ammo is removed from the humvees. all of them. Tried with just VTN and it still happened. Heeek

It's not a bug. All ammo boxes for  HMMWV M1151 with M2HB, M240, PKM or MK19 (or UAZ with KORD, NSVS or PKM) stored in cargo space. You can take it from there. Also, gunner on UAZ can take ammo boxes from cargo space without getting out from his position.

Spoiler

Actually... I forgot how it works :D Via UserAction15 or Ctrl+UserAction15 :D

Also, you can unload ammunition form vehicles by Alt+UserAction15.

hxyZep1.png

UPDATE

VERSION 0.4.5 BUILD 3775

CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

Removed: Some old files

STEAM WORKSHOP

ARMAHOLIC.COM

ARMA3SYNC autoconfig url

OPTIONAL ADDON

VTN CBA INTEGRATION

VERSION 1.0

DOWNLOAD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1