dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

Dowanloading full versions with every is problematic for me, and Arma3Sync is just terrible......

Never had any problems with Google Drive for the full versions. It always has decent speeds and the archives don't get corrupted in the process.

But like Vasily said, A3Sync has some...reliability issues when updating big mods like VTN. The smaller builds that you guys release would benefit from being on the Workshop, or any alternative to A3Sync really.

• Like 5

or any alternative to A3Sync really.

Yoma's AddonSync2009,  as example? 

• Like 1

As long as they work more smoothly then yeah, anything's fine.  :)

Up to you guys obviously. Just figured it'd make future updates more accessible instead of having to wait for the full builds on Google Drive.

I use arma3sync to update VTN and it's fine... works as any other ftp client (like filezilla for example).  It has a way better interface than playwith6, which has a terrible web interface...

• Like 1

I use arma3sync to update VTN and it's fine... works as any other ftp client (like filezilla for example).  It has a way better interface than playwith6, which has a terrible web interface...

For me PWS have better interface, but i hate 3rd party clients to one game to be honest. A3sync havent option to retry download, so it was redownload whole update, instead of resuming, when connection has gone for 3 seconds (as i remember). In Play with Six sync i can click only to update and its done, but updates on PWS have this delays....

• Like 1

For me PWS have better interface, but i hate 3rd party clients to one game to be honest. A3sync havent option to retry download, so it was redownload whole update, instead of resuming, when connection has gone for 3 seconds (as i remember). In Play with Six sync i can click only to update and its done, but updates on PWS have this delays....

same here, I loved the way how Steam workshop and the Arma 3 launcher handles the mods, it just updates automatically, the launcher scans any change, then you just play, the launcher even has profiles for mod preference now,you can probably argue that other launchers had this before Arma 3 launcher ever did it but this still is a step to the right direction. although it at times corrupts files when you suddenly shut off your pc from the plug, its not that bad

• Like 1

Hi, everyone! What aboust fast vehicle for USMC? We presents Light Strike Vehicle - M1161 Growler. Best choice for yours "blitzkrieg"...

M1161_G_1.png

M1161_G_2.png

M1161_G_3.png

M1161_G_4.png

Best regarsd!

• Like 13

VTM just entered as a finalist in Make Arma not war! Congrats guys!

Nice "Å‚azik" :)

PS i would love to vote for you but i cant login there.

Oooops!Sorry, the page you are looking for is not here

Everytime when i'm trying to log in.

i would love to vote for you but i cant login there.

Everytime when i'm trying to log in.

Have you tried using other login options? coudnt use my FB so I used my steam instead

• Like 1

Yes, they dont work. Other errors, but it stil not working. Does voting even started? Maybe thats beacuse its not working.

Steam login :

Ooops, something went wrong

We apologize for the inconvenience, if the problem persists, please contact us at support@bistudio.com

Somehow... i voted for it, even when i'm not logged in :D

VTN team - i know you have problems with rest of your vehicles. Is there any chance, you could release them separatly, and some other modders would help you with them? Its really only one thing your mod is lacking, missing. With tracked, air vehicles you could win MANW and propably you could start as official Mod for arma - with separate medical features, and scripts that A3 or ace dont have. I really see this.....

could release them separatly, and some other modders would help you with them?

Imo I dunno about releasing them seperately, it might end up a bit messy, but I guess asking for help and crediting said modder that helped would be cool

• Like 1

Imo I dunno about releasing them seperately, it might end up a bit messy, but I guess asking for help and crediting said modder that helped would be cool

Specially that those vehicles look outstanding. I never saw better T-90A, BMP-2, LAV-25, BRDM, propably there is more, and all problems lie in configs. And there is few guys from configs, that are very helpful, asking here, in armahollic forum, will surely help.

I know many team members from VTN are Russian. Maybe problem is with understanding english here on forum? I can volunteere for translating :)

• Like 1

Yes, they dont work. Other errors, but it stil not working. Does voting even started? Maybe thats beacuse its not working.

I am very confused about these posts about make arma not war. That contest was almost 2 years ago.Its over.Here are the winners http://makearmanotwar.com/winners 

Is there a new one or something?

• Like 2

This seems cool, hope it wins at make Arma and not war contest. just a question, will this mod eventually get to steam workshop? some of us cant download a 2gb+ thing from a browser

VTM just entered as a finalist in Make Arma not war! Congrats guys!

I tought it started again.....

• Like 1

I am very confused about these posts about make arma not war. That contest was almost 2 years ago.Its over.Here are the winners http://makearmanotwar.com/winners 

Is there a new one or something?

EDIT: im not really sure now either

maybe I was just blind and didnt notice that VTN was a finalist and just general no sleep

EDIT2: yep, I confused it all up, dont mind what's placed earlier

I tought it started again.....

I am pretty sure it was a one off thing. I think someone here just got confused and saw the MANW site but did not notice the "winners" section :) Thats why there are a couple of posts here saying they were not able to vote. 

Unless I am very wrong, but I am pretty sure I would have heard if something like that had started again.

• Like 1

Everytime i enter VA, SVD dont have an icon, and there is error message about it.

Plus when placing ammo box of RPK i got error about RPK sound on full auto.

• Like 1

Hey guys, i really like your mod and i have a question for you, i see that was already asked in the past but how i can have the pmag on the mk12 mod0 spr or on the mk18 mod0? :/ 

ArmA 3 does not have "mag proxies" = you're stuck with whatever magazine is modeled on the gun itself. For example: an AK-74 w. 30 rnd. mag can load RPK 45 rnd. mags and Saiga 5 rnd. mags. But visually it will still be a 30.

ArmA 3 does not have "mag proxies" = you're stuck with whatever magazine is modeled on the gun itself. For example: an AK-74 w. 30 rnd. mag can load RPK 45 rnd. mags and Saiga 5 rnd. mags. But visually it will still be a 30.

Nope that is wrong VTN have this feature and now that i update it all works fine :) 

Yeah - i actually found out about it just now. Pretty much uses the old model swap trick tho. But if it works it works.  ;)