dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

Thank you, Foxhound :) 

Fading hope for a major upgrade and/or answers to some questions and information keeps drawing me back to this... and then I cry...

Fading hope for a major upgrade and/or answers to some questions and information keeps drawing me back to this... and then I cry...

Please, don't cry :) What do you want to know? :)

• Like 1

Please, don't cry :) What do you want to know? :)

So Kind of you :)

I think you already guessed it, but my first question is about a possible overview where the mod is currently standing, and how progression comes along. Its been a while since we saw your incredible fantastic media of different vehicles and assets like the T-90 videos on your youtube channel, those pics of the AN-12, the mig 29 (?), and the fantastic mi-28. I think i saw wips of your lav-25 and abrams too. I know this doesn't say much, but everything looked quite finished and functioning - so im asking if you could give us some information on the current status of the things in creation and maybe if we could look forward to a new major upgrade release with those cool assets soon? :)

Second question is about your social network platforms like youtube, twitter and your project page. Are those still active? Havent seen much activity for quite some time now :(

Third one: there seems to be some major bug with some of your scopes not showing on some of your weapons, this was discussed earlier in this thread, are you aware of that problem and can we hope for a bugfix?

Last one: do you guys plan something about ACE compatibility? Atm vtn medic sys and ACE fight each other and using both mods at the same time is a real pain :(

Thats it, thank you very much for the opportunity to ask these questions, i love your work and im looking forward to see your next big thing for vtn :)

So Kind of you :)

I think you already guessed it, but my first question is about a possible overview where the mod is currently standing, and how progression comes along. Its been a while since we saw your incredible fantastic media of different vehicles and assets like the T-90 videos on your youtube channel, those pics of the AN-12, the mig 29 (?), and the fantastic mi-28. I think i saw wips of your lav-25 and abrams too. I know this doesn't say much, but everything looked quite finished and functioning - so im asking if you could give us some information on the current status of the things in creation and maybe if we could look forward to a new major upgrade release with those cool assets soon? :)

Second question is about your social network platforms like youtube, twitter and your project page. Are those still active? Havent seen much activity for quite some time now :(

Third one: there seems to be some major bug with some of your scopes not showing on some of your weapons, this was discussed earlier in this thread, are you aware of that problem and can we hope for a bugfix?

Last one: do you guys plan something about ACE compatibility? Atm vtn medic sys and ACE fight each other and using both mods at the same time is a real pain :(

Thats it, thank you very much for the opportunity to ask these questions, i love your work and im looking forward to see your next big thing for vtn :)

Ok :) About vehicles. In current state they are ready on 70-90% We have some problems with PhysX and, of course, many thanks to BIS for amphibious armored vehicles... *cough*.. someone said, that they must float? Else one problem - minor fixes and tweaks. A lot of those vehicles need this (especially planes and helicopters). Textures, some scripts - all of this things. In another words: in current state those vehicles can be used only as models for screenshots :D And main problem here - we don't have enough people. Especially people with skills, who able to fix all of those issues.

About "social network": we have our own site, but again - we don't have enough people and time to work with this. But, maybe soon, this will change :) We already have some good friends who like word "propaganda" :D

About ACE compatibility: I don't think that is possible :) Because ACE do the same things, but their own way. It anyway will cause "collisions" in all aspects of gameplay. First aid system, weapons, vehicles. Everywhere.

• Like 5

Thanx for the information :) good to hear you guys are making progress. Maybe some skilled people who read this will offer their help with physx problems and so on. I think the arma community consists of very cooperative and helpful people :) im looking forward to see your new content, you guys rock - thanks again for your answers ;)

UPDATE

200x2004f327.png

VERSION: 0.4.2. BUILD 1430

CHANGELOG:

Removed: Ammo, magazines and grenade counter for soldiers

Improved: Reload animations for GP-25, GP-30M and M203

Improved: Damage system and first aid system

Improved: Weapons sound system

Fixed: M249 M885 SC magazines

Fixed: IBA MG vest parameters

Arma3Sync autoconfig url:

• Like 4

Whom I should contact if I want to continue doing polish translation? I did it before for you guys but it wasn't updated in a long time.

Whom I should contact if I want to continue doing polish translation? I did it before for you guys but it wasn't updated in a long time.

With me :) You can send me your fixed translation via PM and it will be added in mod :) 

• Like 1

Hey DAP, it is just me, or almost all M16/M4 variant rifles (except Mk11 and Mk12) on VTN have the AK reload animation? Anyways, loved the new GL animations, you guys were the first modders to add the new animations in, many kudos!

[EDIT] Ohhh... and ALL Aks variants (ak47/74/74m/104/etc) are GONE.. at least couldn´t find them on Virtual arsenal, just VSS, VAL, SR-3... downloaded from Armaholic, BTW (maybe corrupt copy went to armaholics server?) 

Spasibo!

Ohhh... and ALL Aks variants (ak47/74/74m/104/etc) are GONE.. at least couldn´t find them on Virtual arsenal, just VSS, VAL, SR-3... downloaded from Armaholic, BTW (maybe corrupt copy went to armaholics server?) 

Seems that there is corrupted files or something like this. Maybe some errors appeared while downloading. But files from main mirror is fine. Try check them with Arma3Sync.

Spasibo!

Vsegda pozhaluista, tovarisch!  :D

Tried it out.

All I have to say, I know its a demo but I hope DIVERSITY in the unit is going to happen because the insurgents and gangsters pretty much all look the same which is... Well odd.

I've as well realised there is some medical gear, is there a possibility to use this mod with ACE so these two medical systems don't interfere with each other?

Seems that there is corrupted files or something like this. Maybe some errors appeared while downloading. But files from main mirror is fine. Try check them with Arma3Sync.

Vsegda pozhaluista, tovarisch!  :D

Yeah, armaholic´s file must have been corrupted, downloaded from Arma3Sync, all weapons are in and even the animations are right, but I´ve noticed that the AKs are still missing from Virtual Arsenal, I need to spawn an unit ot an ammo box in the editor to acess them.... but at least all is fine ;)

Cheers!

Does the VTN mod disable the zoom by holding the right mouse button? I tried using the mod today and the zoom by holding the rmb no longer worked.

• Like 2

Yeah, it does disables the zoom... but some pages ago there´s an optional pbo´s to re-enable zoom =0 (third party, as the VTN team disabled zoom for realism sake)

• Like 1

Yeah, it does disables the zoom... but some pages ago there´s an optional pbo´s to re-enable zoom =0 (third party, as the VTN team disabled zoom for realism sake)

ah ok thanks, I will look for that mod to reenable zoom though

I think disabling zoom was a bad call though, people can focus in on things in real life too with their eyes even if they don't have telescopic eyeballs.  It also makes ak ironsights a lot easier to use with rmb zoom.

• Like 1

Yeah, armaholic´s file must have been corrupted, downloaded from Arma3Sync, all weapons are in and even the animations are right, but I´ve noticed that the AKs are still missing from Virtual Arsenal, I need to spawn an unit ot an ammo box in the editor to acess them.... but at least all is fine ;)

Cheers!

I am updating our archive hoping it will fix the reported issue. But I am hosting the Arma3Sync version since I need to grab it from there most times, so I am not sure why our version has this issue.

I will update here when done.