dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

i try to take a pmag on a MK18 and the M4A1 GL and it's not working !

That could be a bug, thanks for reporting it. Noticed.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Updated mod v0.4.0.542 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking

Thank you! Great job :)

Magazines are part of the weapon's 3d model i think, and as far as i know they don't switch depending on the type of magazine you use.

M249s have 100 and 200 round mags but only one is shown every time, for example.

Magazines are part of the weapon's 3d model i think, and as far as i know they don't switch depending on the type of magazine you use.

M249s have 100 and 200 round mags but only one is shown every time, for example.

I know that but look the screen of the MK12 with the PMAG , i don't have any model and i assume that the vtn find a way to make the mag change like they did in A2

I know that but look the screen of the MK12 with the PMAG , i don't have any model and i assume that the vtn find a way to make the mag change like they did in A2

Corresponding mags always(mostly) worked on our weapons. M249 can use 100rnd, 200rnd boxes and stanag mags, model of the mag will change accordingly. If you picked PMAGs they there will be PMAG in your weapon.

Hey, please make it compatible with ASDG JR. It would be so cool.

There is a problem that makes that Russian sights in VTN mod do not works, i guess its caused by ASDG JR. Only sights for AK-74M works for me.

Also it would be nice to use some VTN mod sights with other weapon mods aswell as use other sights with VTN guns. ASDG JR can make it.

EDIT: Bug spotted bug spotted. AK-103 GP-30M has misaligned sight. When firing at 100 meters grenade goes too far.

EDIT: 2 bugs with grenades found, i will upload video soon.

Here is video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki3pji_i0tQ&feature=youtu.be

1st bug: Some grenades are falling out of inventory.

2nd bug: When you have multiple types of frag grenades you cannot switch between them. Same thing for multiple colors of M18 smoke grenades, you unable to select particular color. It is problem for VTN grenades, default smoke grenades works good and you can select color.

Edited by macieksoft

1st bug: Some grenades are falling out of inventory.

That vest has only 4 grenade pouches it can't hold more than that.

2nd bug: When you have multiple types of frag grenades you cannot switch between them. Same thing for multiple colors of M18 smoke grenades, you unable to select particular color. It is problem for VTN grenades, default smoke grenades works good and you can select color.

We'll see what we can do.

Found another problems.

-Sight adjustment animation for M249 SAW is not working as it should.

-For para variant of M249 it works well when using CAP100 mag but when you switch to 30 round mag range adjustment animation is not working well.

-Pellet gun do not works, i cannot shot a chicken with it so today there will be nothing to eat ;-)

And should M240G have 3 fire rates?

Are there any chances for PSO scope with reticle moving up and down while adjusting range?

Any chances for VSS?

Any chances for BS-1 Tishina supressed grenade launcher?

And are there any chances for ASDG JR compatibility in future?

Edited by macieksoft

Found another problems.

-Sight adjustment animation for M249 SAW is not working as it should.

-For para variant of M249 it works well when using CAP100 mag but when you switch to 30 round mag range adjustment animation is not working well.

-Pellet gun do not works, i cannot shot a chicken with it so today there will be nothing to eat ;-)

And should M240G have 3 fire rates?

Are there any chances for PSO scope with reticle moving up and down while adjusting range?

Any chances for VSS?

Any chances for BS-1 Tishina supressed grenade launcher?

And are there any chances for ASDG JR compatibility in future?

Grenades cycling was fixed.

M249 and AEG will be fixed.

Yes it does so far as I'm aware.

As soon as we will know how to move reticles it will be implemented.

VSS - in progress.

Don't think so - it's to specific and rare.

If some one want to make their mod compatible with ours we are open for suggestions/offers. We our self don't have much spare time to fix our own bugs and add features/vehicles/weapons so we definitely don't have time to make our mod compatible with other mods. TFAR radio addon creator got in touch with us - TFAR support is built-in now.

Edited by Leet

I have a (very) little experience in modding, i think i should try to look how to make ASDG JR compatibility as it is possible to do without decompiling pbo.

Would be nice if you could send me a config file from this mod, it would make it easier.

EDIT:

HOOAH I just added ASDG JR support for VTN M16A4!

Now its time for other VTN guns :-)

I still would like to have CFG file. Maybe someday i will release this compatibility config.

Edited by macieksoft

Can't wait for MiG's and those weapons !!! what's their progress how they still need to finish those things someone knows ??

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Grenades cycling was fixed.

Looks like it was not. Tested with new version of VTN mod and still a problem there.

Looks like it was not. Tested with new version of VTN mod and still a problem there.

It was but wasn't included in this patch I don't know why I even wasn't aware of build 588.

hi,

quick question: can ai be tweaked or is it already?

cheers

It was in A2 not sure about A3.

VSS? Cool.

But can you tell me what is that weapon on last screen? I never seen such thing.

VSS? Cool.

But can you tell me what is that weapon on last screen? I never seen such thing.

It is СР-3M "Вихрь" (SR-3M “Vikhrâ€) - which based on the silenced AS "Val".

Version 0.4.1 build 777 with #bipodz, VSS, mobile infantry radar and much more ;)

http://i.imgbox.com/VsWlMupM.png (4562 kB)

DL links:

ArmA 3 Sync - ftp://arma2.wogames.info/arma3sync/vtn/.a3s/autoconfig

Addon Sync 2009 (Yoma) - ftp://arma2.wogames.info/vtn_updater/addons.7z

Changelog:

Error #83: Wound EH

Error #111: Server problems

Error #114: MP units duplicating

Error #140: Injures while AT shooting

Error #148: MG pouches space

Error #175: AT launchers backblast

Error #181: MG gunner error

New: Fara-PW mobile radar

New: VSS, AS & SR-3M special rifles

New: Bipods are on the way

Added: Radar operator units

Added: M240 variants

Added: M16 & M4 with GPS-02 grip pod

Added: HMMWV w/o a turret

Added: New REDFOR recon units

Added: REDFOR & GREENFOR side formations

Added: HMMWV patrol formation

Added: Gorka-S uniform with hood

Added: PKM ammo box model

Improved: Humvee models and textures

Improved: Fully reworked sound effects

Improved: Smoke launcher effects

Improved: Hand grenade deflection

Improved: Magazines changing

Improved: Some reload animationen

Improved: Arsenal compatibility

Fixed: Hand grenade muzzles

Fixed: Uniforms weight

Fixed: RGD-2 init time

Fixed: Signal cartridge stringtables

Fixed: Wounding system stringtables

Fixed: DespriptionShort for vests and pouches

Fixed: USMC machine gunner combat load

Fixed: M240 ammo box count

Fixed: Independed formations side

Why can't you just use a normal form of downloading the mod, instead of making everything so complicated. Seriously, what am I supposed to do with those worthless links. I even have Armasync, but can't get it to do anything, what a waste of time. You know you could have just made it a torrent, or uploaded it... or put it on SIX. Pretty frustrating, in fact, I'm not going to even bother. I was impressed with your mod at first, but the lack of modularity and crappy sounds, meh. And the fact that people are super man and can take 600 rounds.

Why can't you just use a normal form of downloading the mod, instead of making everything so complicated. Seriously, what am I supposed to do with those worthless links. I even have Armasync, but can't get it to do anything, what a waste of time. You know you could have just made it a torrent, or uploaded it... or put it on SIX. Pretty frustrating, in fact, I'm not going to even bother. I was impressed with your mod at first, but the lack of modularity and crappy sounds, meh. And the fact that people are super man and can take 600 rounds.

To be honest the only reason I'm not playing with this mod although I know it's really good.

Edited by Nikiforos

crappy sounds, meh. And the fact that people are super man and can take 600 rounds.

It was a long long time ago :D