dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

Congratulations and thank you for this fantastic mod, I would like to know if you are going, or you can increase the clouds of smoke and dust raised by the tanks when firing the cannon.

Here is a small example ..

Blatant aggression towards someone asking where something is? So much better.

Blatant aggression??? lol..hardly. While I agree it can be confusing with patches, this was in response to a three letter post 'where is it' I believe.

This is interesting though as you had to go back five or six pages to reference this....:rolleyes:

Fixing of discovered bugs takes more time than we expected.

At the moment we are moving to latest version of SVN, everything what wasn't uploaded will be uploaded as soon as it's up and running than we will have small MP test after that link to newer version will be posted together with link to bug tracker.

Is SVN going to be used for downloading on our end? Or just for your own internal uses.

Also, with all VTN weapons (I believe due to possibly high res looking muzzle flash)

I get severe lag when firing them, but if I use a flash supressor/supressor that removes muzzle flash, there is no FPS drop.

This makes VTN 100% unusable for me.

svn is always never to be used for distribution, hence your question is absurd

PuFu what are you saying?:confused: I have (had) downloaded many Garrysmod addons through SVN back in the days I played those games... on the facepunch forums it was common to have a SVN repo for it, at least for beta versions.

For large mods too, people would DL 1 GB+ of mods on SVN commonly, and update this way as well.

Honestly I have never even heard of SVN used for arma.

Additonally, I would looking forward to a response from Leet on this matter, as he was the one who I originally asked about his own actions concerning the aforementioned SVN.

Edited by MikeTim
Spelling.

SVN for our own use. First time some one reports lags from firing but this is arma everything is possible here.

The upcoming version will be more of the second start then an update, updates after that will be smaller and distributed through SIX or YOMA we are not sure yet.

Edited by Leet

Thank you very much for your response.

Is there anything I can do to help you to solve this lag issue?

Would a video help?

I can post my specs etc etc

Just tell me what you need for this, since I would like to see the mod usable.

Thank you.

PuFu what are you saying?:confused: I have (had) downloaded many Garrysmod addons through SVN back in the days I played those games... on the facepunch forums it was common to have a SVN repo for it, at least for beta versions.

For large mods too, people would DL 1 GB+ of mods on SVN commonly, and update this way as well.

1. Simply because development process for HL2 and ArmA are different

2. Back in the day there was easier to have a free or cheaper repository rather than a high bandwidth download location. If you'd know how SVN works, you'd know the bandwidth is way higher than using a simple zip file.

3. If you bring facepunch to any discussion you just brought piracy in as well.

Honestly I have never even heard of SVN used for arma.

don't worry, you are new to it (arma). Both SVN and GIT are in used since OFP (i have personally used both of those since 2006).

I am not new to ArmA (if this is what your suggesting)... also not sure how piracy is relevant here, but thank you for the explanation

As clearly I was not aware of SVNs role in arma, you would know better since you use it, probably for some development stuff as VTN do or something...

Thanks.

Anyways, back on topic of the thread...

@Leet When you have the time, just post what you need me to get (logs or some other thing to demonstrate this) to show you my issue with lag when firing, thanks.

Wait for the updated version. If that bug still persists than you can report it in the bug tracker.

Wait for the updated version. If that bug still persists than you can report it in the bug tracker.

Every time I see you post I think you're releasing the update haha

https://twitter.com/VeteranMOD

New release is available now. There is no change log as I've mentioned before - to many bugs to list them all 8)

http://bt.wogames.info/ - our bug tracker where you can report any found issues.

This version should be quite stable. Vehicles, planes or helicopters are not included.

Delete older version before installation of this build.

WE ARE LOOKING FOR HELP WITH AIR/LAND VEHICLE CONFIGS.

As soon as those configs are done you can expect vehicles to be added with patches.

Waiting for response from SIX so they could host upcoming patches.

List of weapons classes will be posted here tomorrow.

Edited by Leet

this mod is new hope of Arma3

What about RHS? This mod adds at least some other awesome features so i think it will blend in well with RHS, going to give it a try right away.

ok why zoom doesnt work?

Because it's disabled, I guess you don't have built-in magnifiers inside your eyes. Scopes, binoculars, machineguns, and spotting take back their roles without zoom on every weapon.

I forget to mention new scopes, they are tiny because we used real specs such as field of view and magnification. We will alter them later on after reaching conclusion on how to maintain their specs as real as possible but without x100500 magnification and 45 degrees field of view.

Edited by Leet

We started receiving complaints on BT - not being able to validate e-mails. Current BT will be taken down, as soon as new is up I'll leave message about it here.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

UPD new BT can be expected not sooner than then tomorrow afternoon.

Is it possible to have just your weapons released? They are perfect and my group loves them, But the core game features of VTN we could do without due to liking stock arma features due to the ease of use.

Is it possible to have just your weapons released? They are perfect and my group loves them, But the core game features of VTN we could do without due to liking stock arma features due to the ease of use.

Sorry but no, weapons are integral part of the mod.

You guys probably don't want to hear this, but it's a shame this mod isn't a bit modular.

I'd love to play with the amazing models you made, but some of the gameplay features turn me off...

How about adding options to enable/disable some of them (just like the toggable AFM)?

Howdy and congrats on the release, (even if it's "only" an update ;) )

This mod indeed is pretty interessting in terms of features and addons, really remarkable. It is so nice to finally actually see a round RPK mag when you load it in an AKM...I guess you have achieved this by having different models that are loaded by a script? Okay, but as nice as this mod is, I do have some issues with it. the biggest sadly is a core part of the mod: The way ammunition storing on vests is managed. I guess there is no way to (for singleplayers f.e.) disable it? I mean, I totally see the reason why you put it in the first place, don't get me wrong. It's just, erhm this makes the mod a bit too Well erhh basicaly what Pepe said, that turns me off. Anyway, good luck with the mod and manw ;)

Edited by FLv*VeNoM*

Because it's disabled, I guess you don't have built-in magnifiers inside your eyes. Scopes, binoculars, machineguns, and spotting take back their roles without zoom on every weapon.

I forget to mention new scopes, they are tiny because we used real specs such as field of view and magnification. We will alter them later on after reaching conclusion on how to maintain their specs as real as possible but without x100500 magnification and 45 degrees field of view.

Hmmm well this got interesting. I first thought it was a bug and I wasn't expecting that. Real life doesn't zoom yes but when you focus you can see pretty far. Likely too hardcore at first but we'll see later how you'll handle that.