dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

So is this for singleplayer to or only a MP mod like "project Reality" for BF2

What ever in ArmA is MP is SP as well mate ;)

LJ

I trying to make a single campaign (thing i realy love since OFP), but islandmaking currently takes up all my time. Mabe someday... :)

I will keep an eye on this project - the presentation of screens and concept work has my attention. Keep up the good work!! :)

Alright, I'm confused, you said it is a modern battlefield, but then said it is like Cold War Crisis. Which is it?

When they mention OFP, they mean the nostalgic, fun environment that those who played that game back will relive and remember.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I've never seen a MARPAT day pack. They're coyote brown.

Unless that isn't the Assault Pack that we use.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDU5/z/g9sAAOSw-jhUKv0r/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDY2/z/dUMAAOxyOMdS77Ok/$_57.JPG

Aside from that, the cammies actually look like Marine cammies. Not some space-age flightsuit or plastered in like 600 US flag patches or unit patches.

Oh, and I like how you can actually see the kevlar cover and it doesn't look painted on. Good work :)

Sources: Myself, 0311 Rifleman, USMC

Edited by Jaaxxxxon
  • Like 1

greeting from me, i would like to add some vts or virtual training space or something like that, so our clan here can enjoy with our own mission creator with your addons.. if it possible :p

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I've never seen a MARPAT day pack. They're coyote brown.

Unless that isn't the Assault Pack that we use.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDU5/z/g9sAAOSw-jhUKv0r/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDY2/z/dUMAAOxyOMdS77Ok/$_57.JPG

Aside from that, the cammies actually look like Marine cammies. Not some space-age flightsuit or plastered in like 600 US flag patches or unit patches.

Oh, and I like how you can actually see the kevlar cover and it doesn't look painted on. Good work :)

Sources: Myself, 0311 Rifleman, USMC

You didn't spot that backpack on our screenshots or do you mean we have a wrong one?

For USMC I see only woodland camo, will there be desert?

For USMC I see only woodland camo, will there be desert?

Yep.

And what about compatibility with RHS Escalation mod? Cause it seems like you've got a lot of similar vehicles and weapons.

We are a total conversion mod which improves overall game-play if they want their models to be compatible with our mod then it's up to them to add configs to make it compatible or send them to us.

But we already struggle because team is to small to handle all task on time. So far no one offered any help.

A new ingame promo video of VTN 97'th MEB :bounce3:

(special thanks to Nonov Urbizniz for the voice acting!)

Look forward for the next faction in the nearest time. Don't forget to follow Veteran mod for Arma 3 on Twitter!

And what about compatibility with RHS Escalation mod? Cause it seems like you've got a lot of similar vehicles and weapons.

Sure! RHS are our old friends, and once we even try to combine our efforts on some issues with tracked models. And many-many times we stated that doing the same models. In fact that's the reason why we do not make so much vehicles, we are sure that RHS ones are excellent! I think, we'll do our best to ensure that RHS vehicles are "VTN: Ok!" in the shortest time.

P.S. RHS REDFOR tanks are beautiull, but I still think that our firearms are much-much better ;)) Andrey (DAK) are just a magician! :)

Edited by Dead Kennedy
  • Like 1

Давно уже поддержал ! ФантаÑтика,Ñупер да и нет других Ñлов выше кроме как Ñупер-клаÑÑ.Ещё во времена Ð2 говорилоÑÑŒ что будет ещё какой то оÑтров(карта) - планируете ли парни такое дело?По звукам угадал бы Ð’Ð°Ñ Ð´Ð°Ð¶Ðµ без видео.Ждём Ваш мод как раÑÑвета - Ðрма 3 рождаетÑÑ Ð·Ð°Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð¾,по наÑтоÑщему только Ð±Ð»Ð°Ð³Ð¾Ð´Ð°Ñ€Ñ Ð’Ð°ÑˆÐµÐ¼Ñƒ ВТРмоду + РХС мод,два мода - два мощных импульÑа Ð´Ð»Ñ Ñ€Ð°Ð·Ð²Ð¸Ñ‚Ð¸Ñ Ð¸ уÑовершенÑÑ‚Ð²Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ ÐрмР3 как игры - ÑимулÑтора.Ждём ВаÑ!!!!УÑпехов Вам!!!!

(Ðе доверÑÑŽ Ñ Ñтому переводу - дублирую оригиналом.)

It has long been supported! Fantastic, super and there is no other word above except super-klass.Eschё in times A2 says that there is still some that island (Map) - Are guys this thing? By the sounds you would guess, even without video.Zhdёm your fashion as dawn - Arma 3 is born again, really only thanks to your VTN + RHS fashion events, two fashion - two powerful impulse for the development and improvement of ArmA 3 as a game - simulyatora.Zhdёm you !!!! Good luck !!!!

Just for my curiosity, you will use the same init, min and maxFov than ArmA3 or bring your own values than ArmA2's mod?

I'm sorry if this is some kind of taboo question, but how does this stack up against RHS: Escalation? As far as my understanding goes the two mods cover a lot of the same faction wise. Will this cover a different era and will we be able to play alongside?

Like getting the map and the additional factions from VTN and the units for Russia from RHS:E.

I wouldnt say its a taboo question, I think post release both mods should just do a small cooperation to make compatilbity patches, for magazines, maybe scopes and such, but I at least hope VTN doesnt replace HUD or main menu or loading screens etc so you could just use it togheter (even if it wasnt "compatible")

But obviously that requires work, but I am sure RHS team will be more willing to cooperate on that after MANW, they are probably busy right now.

I wouldnt say its a taboo question, I think post release both mods should just do a small cooperation to make compatilbity patches, for magazines, maybe scopes and such, but I at least hope VTN doesnt replace HUD or main menu or loading screens etc so you could just use it togheter (even if it wasnt "compatible")

Well, what we should do in your opinion doesn't mean much anyways. There is no promise for compatibility from neither teams as it is now. Even after manw, isn't it?

Why do you always feel the need to speak for others you have nothing to do with?

But obviously that requires work, but I am sure RHS team will be more willing to cooperate on that after MANW, they are probably busy right now.

Why are you so certain? Do you happen to know more about it than myself? Or is it more supposition?

edit: sorry towards VTN devs for this bit of topic

Edited by PuFu

Well, what we should do in your opinion doesn't mean much anyways. There is no promise for compatibility from neither teams as it is now. Even after manw, isn't it?

Why do you always feel the need to speak for others you have nothing to do with?

Why are you so certain? Do you happen to know more about it than myself? Or is it more supposition?

He is just making speculation, and you don't need to be so rude about it. The man was rendering his opinion in place of news, and you show up to be an arse. Rather than shed light on the question, you just choose to belittle and attack his post. Poor show.

At some point in time after the initial releases of RHS and VTN, someone will eventually come along and write up a config so one can mix and match assets from both mods. Whatever.

@Pufu

When I said "more willing" I meant something along the lines of "more likley to be willing" I did not mean to imply you guys would do it, sorry if that is what you thought.