dead kennedy

Veteran mod (VTN) - announcement and WIP

Good update, I like it and I found a typo mistake. It says "PRK74 magazine" instead of "RPK-74 magazine"

We still need a pw6 update here. Whats up?

And one bug:

On some of the weapons I cant attach a scope. For example the AK-103. Several scopes are shown as possible attachment, but they wont show up on the weapon and the sights will be fucked up. Yeah, I'm using other mods, though this error doesnt show up on all VTN weapons, but only on some. So it seems to me it should be possible to fix that issue?

UPDATE

200x2004f327.png

VERSION: 0.4.2. BUILD 1380

CHANGELOG:

New: 2x M136A1 weapon boxes
Improved: KORD, NSVS and M240 static machine guns
Improved: UAZ 3151 and UAZ 469
Improved: SV-98 sniper rifle
Fixed: AI uses some handguns instead of primary weapon

DOWNLOAD

Arma3Sync autoconfig url:
ftp://193.19.118.182/Updater_WOG/ArmA3Sync/VTN_A3//.a3s/autoconfig

• Like 2

And one bug:

On some of the weapons I cant attach a scope. For example the AK-103. Several scopes are shown as possible attachment, but they wont show up on the weapon and the sights will be fucked up. Yeah, I'm using other mods, though this error doesnt show up on all VTN weapons, but only on some. So it seems to me it should be possible to fix that issue?

This has been an issue for quite some time....there's an AK-105 that has a stubby MOE vfg and I get the same issue with...as well as on many other weapons. It's not mod conflict as I've tried running it with just VTN and it still happens. Honestly, that is one of the only reasons I don't use this mod anymore....that and the medical system (although it can be removed...if you want errors thrown). I keep checking the changelog on these updates but don't see any changes regarding those issues....therefore I don't bother downloading.

I wish that the medical system could be removed (so people can use something like ACE3) without errors and the optics issue being fixed (on the weapons that is effected). This is a great mod but unfortunately it's just not useable to me in this state =(. I'm not trying to be an ass as I can't imagine the work that goes into creating a mod like this and I'm thankful that you guys are contributing to the community in such a huge way.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This has been an issue for quite some time....there's an AK-105 that has a stubby MOE vfg and I get the same issue with...as well as on many other weapons. It's not mod conflict as I've tried running it with just VTN and it still happens. Honestly, that is one of the only reasons I don't use this mod anymore....that and the medical system (although it can be removed...if you want errors thrown). I keep checking the changelog on these updates but don't see any changes regarding those issues....therefore I don't bother downloading.

I wish that the medical system could be removed (so people can use something like ACE3) without errors and the optics issue being fixed (on the weapons that is effected). This is a great mod but unfortunately it's just not useable to me in this state =(. I'm not trying to be an ass as I can't imagine the work that goes into creating a mod like this and I'm thankful that you guys are contributing to the community in such a huge way.

Thanks.

You take the words out of my mouth. No ACE compatibility and that nasty scope problem are two major issues here. And i wish the authors would communicate a little bit more with the community here. Im still waiting for these problems to get fixed and those vehicles we saw on pics - then this would be a must have mod ;)

You take the words out of my mouth. No ACE compatibility and that nasty scope problem are two major issues here. And i wish the authors would communicate a little bit more with the community here. Im still waiting for these problems to get fixed and those vehicles we saw on pics - then this would be a must have mod ;)

Well, honestly, they have the right to do whatever they want with their mod. People demand a lot of things from dev's these days and I can really understand how frustrating it would get...especially since this isn't a paying job. If I wanted my mod to be successful, yes, I would take the players/users opinions into mind, but there's only so much they can do, because if they did what everyone wanted they'd be working on this forever as well as end up with a mod that kind of isn't theirs....artistically. I'm sure they have an idea of what they want this mod to be and they have the right to create it however they'd like. I'm sure having weapons that can't be used properly isn't their goal, but they may be having a very difficult time figuring out the issue. That being said, we can report the bugs (politely) and hope they'll fix them and if the issues make the mod unplayable (in our opinion) then we have the right not to use it, but that's all the rights we have when it comes to other people's work.

I'm sure they'll get the issues fixed and sorted out.

yeah u're right. Didnt want to sound selfish or something. Im just waiting for updates and hope for the best ;)

And one bug:

Pretty Sure this is a clash w/ @asdj_jm. I had the same prob, diasable ASDJ Joint Muzzles and all dependant mods, reloaded, and all the scopes worked fine. Hope the fix this soon

Pretty Sure this is a clash w/ @asdj_jm. I had the same prob, diasable ASDJ Joint Muzzles and all dependant mods, reloaded, and all the scopes worked fine. Hope the fix this soon

Like I said I tried JUST VTN and I still get the issue. All ASDG addons are now useless (except ASDG Attachments which gives you a couple bipods for BI weapons only, which I do NOT use) because it's all included in CBA A3 now.

Like I said I tried JUST VTN and I still get the issue. All ASDG addons are now useless (except ASDG Attachments which gives you a couple bipods for BI weapons only, which I do NOT use) because it's all included in CBA A3 now.

Strange, it worked for me, and I have the latest CBA.

EDIT: Wait, are you talking about VTN attachements or others?

@gallowglass

VTN optics on VTN weapons

Guys i have tested your vehicles more deeply and.... Bohemia could learn from you PhysX programming.
Your vehicle drive like real ones, there are limits in turning on bigger vehicles, all suspensions is working, vehicles are leaning on sides, it work beautiful. Bohemia will never fix this to so beauty level, and the broken tires on humve.... man, you are the masters! Not to mention vibrating parts on HMG, and disposable leaunchers - you have beated RHS in many aspcts, i hope your tanks will be same level quality that cars are :)

I found 3 bugs:
1 is armed UAZ - if you are sitting as gunner, you cannot go to driver seats (in HUMVE you can), and when you hold alt to move camera, whole vehicle will moving with camera - only in first person view, in hummer there is no such bug.
2 is option "pull out body" when there is dead friendly in vehicle - using that option will not pull out friendly, but double the number of dead people inside with every clicking "pull out body".
3 zeroing animation on RPG-7 without scope is not working.
As for now i didnt noticed anuthing more

• Like 1