Sign in to follow this  
MrHuachuca

Arma 2 F117 Nighthawk Mod Port.

Which Import Mod would you like to see next?!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Import Mod would you like to see next?!

• B52
    • F22
    • Falujah Island Map Import
    • Northrop Grumman E-2 Hawkeye
    • None of the above.

Hello everyone! First off thank you truly for clicking on this fourm! This is my very first Arma 2 Public Port and also my first Arma 3 "OFFICIAL" public mod download.

This mod contains the United States AirForce F117 Nighthawk mod from Arma 2. This mod was very popular for Arma 2 due to the major income on how beast this aircraft is.

Now you may ask what is the F117 Nighthawk?

Well little history class in the spoiler below! ;)

Info about the F117 Nighthawk.

The Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk is a single-seat, twin-engine stealth ground-attack aircraft formerly operated by the United States Air Force (USAF) developed from the Have Blue technology demonstrator and produced by Lockheed's Skunk Works. It is the first operational aircraft to be designed around stealth technology. The maiden flight of the F-117 happened in 1981 and the aircraft achieved initial operating capability status in October 1983.[1] The Nighthawk spent much of its early service life shrouded in secrecy, until it was "acknowledged" and unveiled to the world in November 1988.[4]

The F-117 was widely publicized for its role in the Gulf War of 1991. It was commonly referred to as the "Stealth Fighter", although it was a strictly ground-attack aircraft. F-117s took part in the conflict in Yugoslavia where one was shot down by a surface-to-air missile (SAM) on 27 March 1999, the only Nighthawk to be lost in combat. The Air Force retired the F-117 on 22 April 2008, primarily due to the fielding of the F-22 Raptor. Sixty-four F-117s were built, 59 of which were production versions with the other five being demonstrators/prototypes.

The F-117's unusual design surprised and puzzled experienced pilots; a Royal Air Force officer who flew it as an exchange officer while still secret stated that when he first saw a photograph of the F-117, he "promptly giggled and thought to myself 'this clearly can't fly'".[31] It is shaped to deflect radar signals and is about the size of an F-15 Eagle. The single-seat Nighthawk is powered by two non-afterburning General Electric F404 turbofan engines, and has quadruple-redundant fly-by-wire flight controls. It is air refuelable. To lower development costs, the avionics, fly-by-wire systems, and other parts are derived from the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon, McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet and McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle. The parts were originally described as spares on budgets for these aircraft, to keep the F-117 project secret.

The F-117 has a radar signature of about 0.025 m2 (0.269 sq ft).[32] Among the penalties for stealth are lower engine power thrust, due to losses in the inlet and outlet, a very low wing aspect ratio, and a high sweep angle (50°) needed to deflect incoming radar waves to the sides.[33] With these design considerations and no afterburner, the F-117 is limited to subsonic speeds.

The F-117A carries no radar, which lowers emissions and cross-section, and whether it carries any radar detection equipment is classified.[33] The aircraft is equipped with sophisticated navigation and attack systems integrated into a digital avionics suite. It navigates primarily by GPS and high-accuracy inertial navigation. Missions are coordinated by an automated planning system that can automatically perform all aspects of an attack mission, including weapons release. Targets are acquired by a thermal imaging infrared system, slaved to a laser that finds the range and designates targets for laser-guided bombs. The F-117A's split internal bay can carry 5,000 lb (2,300 kg) of ordnance. Typical weapons are a pair of GBU-10, GBU-12, or GBU-27 laser-guided bombs, two BLU-109 penetration bombs, or two Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAMs), a GPS/INS guided stand-off bomb.

The F-117A's faceted shape (made from 2-dimensional flat surfaces) resulted from the limitations of the 1970s-era computer technology used to calculate its radar cross-section. Later supercomputers made it possible for subsequent planes like the B-2 bomber to use curved surfaces while staying stealthy, through the use of far more computational resources to do the additional calculations needed.[34]

During the program's early years, from 1984 to mid-1992, the F-117A fleet was based at Tonopah Test Range Airport, Nevada where it served under the 4450th Tactical Group. Because the F-117 was classified during this time, the unit was officially located at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada and equipped with A-7 Corsair II aircraft. The 4450th was absorbed by the 37th Tactical Fighter Wing in 1989. In 1992, the entire fleet was transferred to Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico, where it was placed under the command of the 49th Fighter Wing. This move also eliminated the Key Air and American Trans Air contract flights to Tonopah, which flew 22,000 passenger trips on 300 flights from Nellis to Tonopah per month.

F-117 pilots called themselves "Bandits". Each of the 558 Air Force pilots who have flown the F-117 have a Bandit number, such as "Bandit 52", that indicates the sequential order of their first flight in the F-117.[35]

The F-117 has been used several times in war. Its first mission was during the United States invasion of Panama in 1989.[36] During that invasion two F-117A Nighthawks dropped two bombs on Rio Hato airfield.

During the Gulf War in 1991, the F-117A flew approximately 1,300 sorties and scored direct hits on 1,600 high-value targets in Iraq[1] over 6,905 flight hours.[37] Leaflet drops on Iraqi forces displayed the F-117 destroying ground targets and warned readers "Escape now and save yourselves".[23] Initial claims of its effectiveness were later found to be overstated. For instance it was claimed that the F-117 made up 2.5% of Coalition tactical aircraft in Iraq and they attacked more than 40% of the strategic targets;[38] this ignored the fact that only 229 Coalition aircraft could drop and designate laser-guided bombs of which 36 F-117 represented 15.7%, and only the USAF had the I-2000 bombs intended for hardened targets, so the F-117 represented 32% of all coalition aircraft that could deliver such bombs.[39] Initial reports of them hitting 80% of their targets were later scaled back to "41-60%".[40] On the first night they failed to hit 40% of the air-defense targets they were assigned, including the Air Defense Operations Center in Baghdad, and 8 such targets remained functional out of 10 that could be assessed.[41] In their Desert Storm white paper the USAF claimed that "the F-117 was the only airplane that the planners dared risk over downtown Baghdad" and that this area was particularly well defended.[42] In fact most of the air defenses were on the outskirts of the city and many other aircraft hit targets in the downtown area, with minimal casualties when they attacked at night like the F-117.[42] This meant they avoided the optically aimed AAA and infra-red SAMs which were the biggest threat to Coalition aircraft.[43]

The aircraft was operated in secret from Tonopah for almost a decade, but after the Gulf War the aircraft moved to Holloman in 1992. Its integration with the USAF's non-stealth "iron jets" occurred slowly, however; because of ongoing secrecy, others continued to see the aircraft, as one senior F-117A pilot later said, "none of their business, a stand-alone system".[33] The F-117A and the men and women of the 49th Fighter Wing were deployed to Southwest Asia on multiple occasions. On their first deployment, with the aid of aerial refueling, pilots flew non-stop from Holloman to Kuwait, a flight of approximately 18.5 hours – a record for single-seat fighters that stands today.[1]

The F-117 was subsequently used in Operation Desert Thunder (Part of Operation Southern Watch) from 1997 to 1998, Operation Allied Force in 1999, Operation Enduring Freedom in 2001, and Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003.

This mod contains:

Fully working 3D Cockpit with day/night capability

CTRL C of gauges in cockpit etc.

01: Beta (Horizontal AOA)

02: AOA

03: MFD HSI (including waypointing and airport waypointing, TimeToTarget and DistanceToTarget and heading)

04: Radar Altitude (up to 1000 meters, bug set to 100 meters)

05: Standby Attitude Indicator

06: Trims Indicators (Elev/Rudder/Aileron)

07: Slip Indicator

08: Fuel/RPM/EGT/FuelFlow Counters

09: Fuel (including Bingo and Low Warning) Indicator

10: Oxygen (1 RT hour supply)

11: G-Force Indicator (including Max-G Attained Needle)

12: Eyebrow Indicators (Warnings for RadarAlt, RCS, Stall, BingoFuel,Chute)

13: MFD Attitude Indicator (including AOA/Speed/VertSpeed/Altitude)

14: Airspeed Indicator

15: Main Attitude Indicator

16: Vertical Speed Indicator

17: Altimeter (Accurate to 9000 meters)

18: Standby HSI Indicator

19: WeaponBay lights illuminate when weapon bay is open

20: Landing Gear (Handle moves with gear position and lights (dull green: stowed, red: gear moving, bright green: gear down)

21: Annunciator Panel (warning lights light as required)

22: Both MFD's run through a "boot" sequence when the engine is fired up.

23: Clock (H/M/S)

24: Full HUD

Brakechute deployed on landing (includes brakechute door animation)

2 x GBU-27B LGB's

DLIR laser designator system

Fully stealth (unless gear is down / weapon bay is open / Jet is performing high Pitch/Banking maneuvers)

Map based waypointing system (waypoint is displayed on right MFD compass)

Airport waypoint system (nearest major airport bearing for vanilla A3 maps AND EVEN A2 Imported maps is shown on right MFD compass)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

ScreenShots:

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Known Issues

DLIR sensor will crash game when entering it.

(currently being fixed)

ChangeLog (update log)

10/20/2014: IMPORT RELEASED! :o

~Downloads~

Dropbox: -- link removed

Armaholic: COMING SOON

Playwithsix: COMING SOON

Credits:

RobJ for script help.

Fortran for Texturing and Capability

Bohemia interactive for the awesome game! ;)

Edited by MadDogX
links removed

You ported someone elses work right?

You also agree not to redistribute or edit the asset/modes/textures/scripts without prior consent of the author.

So, did you get his permission?

Fortran hasn't posted here in over four years. How'd you find him?

The included screenshot isn`t a screenshot and do you even have either permission or is it even ported?

If you're going to port a mod at least do it with permission and do it right, as far as I can see all that you have changed is the readme file to include your name as well. It still has dependencies on mando missile, the faction is the default Arma 2 USMC faction, the pilot is also from the default USMC faction for gods sake.

I mean it would be something if you had taken it, spent time porting it (by which I mean at least placeholder sounds and weapons, removing old dependancies, updating the scripts to work with the new sounds and weapons, and maybe implementing the new physics model as a to do) ending up with something that is functional. But it isn't even that, it's just a rip off of someone else's hard work.

If this is what you think porting means then I suggest you stop it until you learn the correct definition

Edited by Delta1292
Forgot to add the last sentence

Yeah this is a rip of someone elses work, without much effort put into making it a functional a3-only dependent product.

Good Idea.

Bad execution.

"rip of someone elses work"
is not a
"Good Idea."

Not really what I would call a good idea.

I am going to assume this was ported with permission, but if it wasnt... come on you should know better.

Also what is this "fallujah map port" .... you didnt make that map and frankly I doubt you were authorized to port it.

Edited by MikeTim

@Tristen, could you please stop spamming this forum with your "Mods". If you just rip someone else work you are not very welcome on this forum as you may notice.

Ask before porting other peoples work, and if the author has gone silent and/or left the community then too bad for us, chances are those source files were deleted,

...without much effort put into making it a functional a3-only dependent product.

It isn't even fully functional in A2 - it's still in alpha. So maybe not even a good idea.

Tristen can you please stop ripping off other people thier work like you did with the A-10

You do realize.....lots of people import each other's mods.........why go after the rookie importer.........and I wouldn't call it ripping off someone's work. It's a imported vehicle from a different game ported to a newer one. I'm just trying to port people's favorite mods to Arma 3. Few people asked me to personally port them so I did for them, then I started to port the mods to the whole community. And I by far state "I DID NOT MAKE AUDIO,GRAPHICS, etc" *I only did importing*

You cant just "import it".. you cannot modify and distribute another persons addon without their permission, in any way... or just reupload it under a new title ( doesn't matter how much you changed or didn't change)... that is prohibited... its called Intellectual Property.

So no, it is ILLEGAL to take ANY mod from arma 2, unless it was released as open source or such, and just "import" it to arma 3... without explicit legal permission from the author..

Doesnt matter what you claim to do, or not have done etc, what you have simply done so far is in violation of Intellectual property, because clearly by your statements you werent given permission

.Also, please don't take this out on me, you cannot "argue" with this, its the law.

Edited by MikeTim

this is yet another time you have been found out to have imported another person's addon without their permission

Hi Tristen, I'm really sorry that you have put in any work to this port, which is not permitted as far as we can see.

Take a look through the mod rules here

http://amar.arma3.fr/

cheers

EB

It's already the second time you rip off someone else work.

You can't at anytime release someone else work that you have illegally ported. It doesn't matter how good it could be or how much you want it. It's the same as stealing someone else car, even if you need it badly, it's not allowed.

Please learn the lesson before you get sued in real life and get in serious troubles.

EDIT: permission was not obtained, so the thread is now permanently locked and links permanently removed.

Edited by MadDogX
update