Sign in to follow this  
NeoArmageddon

Visitor3/World Tools Object Export to Terrainbuilder

Visitor3/World Tools Object Export to Terrainbuilder

converterq7rxq.png

Description:

Heyho,

the guys from the mapmaker skype group already know my little tool but I wanted to share it with everyone else too:

My tool simply converts the object exports from Visitor3 (ArmA2/OA) and World Tools to a file format that can be imported into Terrain Builder (ArmA3). It is also able to add random values that are missing in Visitor3 as the randomization is a template option there.

Also the tool can fix the northing and easting of you object coordinates.

The converter is written in C++ using Visual Studio 2013 and Qt for UI-elements.

Download:

V1.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/noruig9kjzgo8si/V3-TB-Converter.7z?dl=0

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27132

Installation:

Unzip to a folde rof your choice.

Usage:

Select an input file with object lists in it (.txt or .ext, format is typically: templatename, X, Y, Z, Dir).

Add a maximum pitch and roll for the objects (all objects get a random pitch and roll with this value as min and max). 0.00 for no random roll and pitch.

Add a random min and max scale. Leave 1.00 and 1.00 if you don't want random scaling (e.g. buildings and stuff).

Add northing and easting to convert Visitor3 coordinates to Terrainbuilders mapframes.

Click convert. Wait. Save the file somewhere. Import file to Terrainbuilder.

Please note: Templatenames are not changed. You have to add them in TB according to the names in WorldTools or V3.

Changelog:

Fixed a bug causing incorrect northing/easting.

Credits:

Name for having no BAS!

All the guys from the mapmaper skype group.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
mirror updated with fixed archive

Hi Neo thank you for your useful tool, it save me from a lot of work!!! But today i had an issue, it stopped working and when i start it immediately closes. I have reinstalled the runtime for visual studio but same issue! Any suggestion??

Windows 8.1

AMD processor

This is exactly what I need right now, but for some reason your little tool doesn’t work for me.

Any hints what I have to install????

Im using Win7 X64

I'm more like in giagno's boat... it worked at first for me too.

I would really appreciate an updated version, if possible :)

Cheers,

D.

Sorry guys. I totally forget to subscribe to my own thread :D

I thought I fixed this bug but I probably uploaded the wrong 7z-File.

I uploaded a fixed version to dropbox. Just redownload.

Or if you don't want to reinstall: Just Copy the "plugins/platforms" folder into the folder with the .exe (so you have a "platforms"-folder next to the exe).

Qt is quite cumbersome... I will switch to WPF for future projects.

Next project is a vegetationgenerator that could replace WorldTools for use with TB. But that needs more R&D.

Everyone with experience in C# and SharpDX is invited to help me. Just sent me an PM.

Hello Neo, there seems to be something wrong with the converter when I use it, perhaps related to my system? IDK..

Anyways, when it should spew out a line that reads

"t_PinusS2s_b_F.p3d";200375.891;30711.907;343;0;0;1.45687073;0

it outputs this line.

"t_PinusS2s_b_F.p3d";720.891;31056.906;343.000;0.000;0.000;1.000;0.000;

As you can see the X Y are wrong.. I left the settings at default should I use other offset settings or?

Hello Neo, there seems to be something wrong with the converter when I use it, perhaps related to my system? IDK..

Anyways, when it should spew out a line that reads

"t_PinusS2s_b_F.p3d";200375.891;30711.907;343;0;0;1.45687073;0

it outputs this line.

"t_PinusS2s_b_F.p3d";720.891;31056.906;343.000;0.000;0.000;1.000;0.000;

As you can see the X Y are wrong.. I left the settings at default should I use other offset settings or?

Yes. In TB the standard offset is 200000/0. That is the default setting. Use zero offset or place your maps origin at 2000000/0

My map has standard origin settings, it's made following jakerods tutorial actually. My point wasn't that, rather that the program seem to fail at the addition for some reason. You can see it also has added some things to the Y coord which should be untouched. So what gives? I have no prob doing the manual conversion in Excel but well, I'd like to have an easier life :) Thanks for really good mapping programs btw, I really like your map builder!

Could you give this another look, please? I'd really like to have this program working.. Now I am having trouble importing my manually converted files and I dont know what is the problem...

I think the problem with your program is how the decimal comma is output in the file? Possible?

Wasn't a problem for me so far but I will have another look (but probably next week, I have to do some RL stuff before).

I also plan to create a new tool that could eliminate the need of my converter.

I also plan to create a new tool that could eliminate the need of my converter.

That is creat to hear and thanks for your nice converter tool!

I started using it just recently and constantly run into the problem that the easting/northing parameter is ignored. Every other setting is applied just fine...

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Sorry, I have no idea what could cause this issue. Converter works fine for me, but I will continue trying to locate the problem.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hm... maybe it is something on my end, but I can only add Northings with 6 digits while I would need to enter a Northing with 7 digits.

Any ideas?

Awesome tool, by the way :)

Cheers,

D.