Sign in to follow this  
redarmy

Make AI stay stood up

Hi all,

only thing i could find on the subject was: this setunitpos "up"

Im attempting to make the AI in a sandbag bunker stay vertical and NOT be a little girl and go prone when he should have the advantage of cover.

This seems like a simple command,but search almost an hour,if only found commands that dont seem to work for arma3.

Any suggestions.I obviously still need the ai to fire back,preferably not leaving its position,but id settle for that even if he did move around a little.(Il just barricade him in the bunker) :p "Not one step back"

this setunitpos "up" is the right way to make the unit remain standing. Have you tried it yet?

this setunitpos "up" is the right way to make the unit remain standing. Have you tried it yet?

Strange,i just tried this.

Let me double check i have spelled it correctly.

Yeah iceman,tried it again.Units still crouch etc.Could BCOMBAT be causeing it?

Idk. It's possible. Is BCOMBAT a mod / addon that effects ai?

You have not heard/used bcombat?Sorry man i was under the impression everyone sold their left nut to get their hands on this mod.Infact i couldnt play arma without it.Its SP only i believe.

Yes bcombat is a heavy and brilliant AI mod.Affects the group level,Makes changes to the FSM too.Im gona assume thats causing it if you say setunitpos still works.I had read a thread moment ago from arma 2 which said setunitpos no longer worked for arma 2.Leaving me to belive it wouldnt apply to arma3.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

Yeah,just disabled bcombat.

Setunitpos "up" actually did work.

Oh okay. I'm kind of burntout on playing the series for well over a decade. I stay in the editor and NPP :). Don't really fiddle with mods or shooting things these days. glad you got it sorted in any case. Cheers.

Oh okay. I'm kind of burntout on actually playing the series for well over a decade. I stay in the editor and NPP

ARMA 3: workplace simulator. It's so realistic, it's like actually working minus the pay.

Uhh what?

It was a joke about Arma being more like a job without the pay :p.

Oh okay. I'm kind of burntout on playing the series for well over a decade. I stay in the editor and NPP :). Don't really fiddle with mods or shooting things these days. glad you got it sorted in any case. Cheers.

Cheers Iceman

Good to have experienced users around.

more like a job without the pay :p.

At least he still has his "left nut"...

It was a joke about Arma being more like a job without the pay :p.

You get out of it,what you put into it i believe you mean.

Iv spent 3months making ONE mission.And iv no regrets about time wasted,because iv been using my creativity,and am quite looking forward to this scenario.And taking all that iv learned,thanks to people like Iceman,should be able to snap missions together in a fraction of the time,next time,and even better quality.

This is what seperates Arma from your shoebox shooter.

And the thing is.. you'll look back on past projects, ones you spent hours (days, months..) on with disgust everytime you make a big progression on the learning curve hehe.

And the thing is.. you'll look back on past projects, ones you spent hours (days, months..) on with disgust everytime you make a big progression on the learning curve hehe.

Haha true.I came to the arma verse about 4months back,i still remember looking at the editor and not even understanding how to make a simple cycle waypoint :p