Sign in to follow this  
jumpartist

are all the TvT campaigns dead?

Hey there. Does anyone know, are there any TvT campaigns remaining. There was Theatre of War, gone. INTERNATIONAL CONFLICT, gone. Charlie Foxtrot, gone.

Last one i saw is Arma Wargames but its suffering serious player numbers issues. Are there any that i dont know about that are doing well? Say battle with 50 on 50 on the weekends?

Thanks, Jumpartist

I know TacBf organizes some weekend battles. Also EUTW Is playing daily although on European times and at peak hours usually they have at least one server full 60 players playing Capture the Island.

Oh man a 50 vs 50 campaign battle. To me that is what this game is meant for , I just don't understand all the players playing solo on wasteland and life. I mean it's ok but it gets boring.

Then I guess there are those that desire to play large battles against comp and complaining about AI intelligence. Again i'm just shaking my head. I'm not saying, I'm just saying, why not play large scale against some real intelligence. I can't remember the last time an AI actually killed me.

Not to get into Kill to death ratios but I'm sure the average player is at about 20:1 Kills to death on Ai. So it's just comp-stomp-super-easy-relax-dude and get some kills. For real players KD ratio ,, oh man I'm prob at 0.75 or less but it's more fun :)

Large human battles !!!! we need it more of it :D

Yea, I hope we someday can break the (IIRC) 128 player record in A2:OA CF (maybe someone already did?) on regular basis. Really enjoyed the structured IC/CF/AW campaigns I've been playing and AW is still there but currently they do not run an campaign due to low player count in the last one (~40-50 players). I fully understand the AW admins decisions since it's alot of work behind the scenes and also costs money to have capable servers up runnning.

Currently I get my PvP fix in TacBF which is a great mod that I hope more people take a look at. Safest bet to find players on the server is fri-sun ~1900+ GMT. It's not a campaign per se but the TacBF guys have A&S and A&D etc. missions with nice variety and uses all the A3 engine capabilites with mixed weather conditions and time of day.

Don't be surprised if you have to fight in dusk/dawn without NVG's or to fight in moody overcast with some rain now and then. This unlike some other PvP servers where it's daytime and blue skies 99% of the time.

TacBF offers great teamwork (if you wan't to, you can lonewolf but not as effective) and really starts to shine at 40-50+ players when the bigger missions are loaded.

@Big_T: I enjoy PvP/TvT as well as co-op's against AI. To me it's two different "styles" of gameplay since slower metodical tactics that work against AI doesn't work well in PvP due to it's more dynamic nature.

Just my 0.20 SEK

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

New campaign on the 26th:

You mean AW are back up again with campaigns just like before?

/KC

My unit also does weekend events that any public can join just filter 7thSB on your arma 3 multiplayer filter

Our ArmA3Pro group is regulary playing mondays/tuesdays (22h GMT+1) TvT TeeTimes custom edit, 10vs10 players.

We play with no 3rdPersonView, no optics, no thermal, no OP vehicles.

Allowed mods are: JSRS, BlastCore, ShackTackUI, TaskForceRadio

Gameplay is focused on raw infantry encounter and engagement.

We would be happy to play against similar playing groups :)

Just need people to sit down and do it. While people would like to take part in these events, usually 98% of them want to be grunts and take orders. The people who are actually leading might not even be that intelligent. This is just in my experience, when I tried to join realism clans and TvT/PvP over Arma1->Arma2->Arma3. I think some/a lot of them closed down because of mismanagement, people leaving/coming, internet arguments, etc.

The current popular PvP awards you levels and access to better weapons, but usually the 'best' players then sit 2000m away on a hill with a tank or helicopter, and that obviously takes no skill or gameplay ability. There's many problems that I cannot fully discuss in length. If you find one, try it, but odds are it won't be as good as you would think as well.

Edited by CockSalad

Is anyone aware of TvT specialized website for Western Europe teams ?

Looking for serious teams to share events...

Thank you !!!