doctorsheep

Action Button Mod

I can't open the doors in takistan using this mod, i must scroll and use the good old menu. Any idea why ?

I was able to write some code to handle this. It turns out the doors on Takistan are named "door_1" but you have to translate it to the Czech word "dvere1" to use the animate command on it. Strange. It'll be included in the next release, thanks for the report!

I still could open door from above in the air control tower but now you have to look for the icon. I also got me climb a ladder in the same building when I was up in the room with many windows looking at the stairs. I can post some video tomorrow.

Ah, not as fixed as I thought then! A video would be helpful, thanks.

To everyone else, thanks for the support.

Really fantastic work dude. I love it. Much better than the BIS text action menu. I'm not saying they should remove the text menu, but BIS should have done what you did here as a primary interface, and use the text menu as a backup option. Amazingly simple, clean, easy to use, easy to modify the options. Wow. Keep up the great work. I up-voted it in the "make arma not war" contest.

Please get some solid Dedicated Server testing done. My biggest concern besides it being untested, is the fact that there are FPS issues. I monitor everything when it comes to owning a server and having addons that either spam RPTs or give way too much overhead for its use, is a no-go. Please optimize and test for server use :)

Ah, not as fixed as I thought then! A video would be helpful, thanks.

Here's a video. That door opening and closing can be difficult to reproduce sometimes so it's not that bad. That ladder thing was rather interesting and very easy to reproduce. I just turned my head to show that the icon shows up but head turning is not necessary.

Is it possible to make this work better when using aiming deadzone? Currently it'll always check the middle of the screen, but when using aiming deadzone that feels off, as you have to drag your weapon away to turn yourself.

One of the features listed is the option to "Light/extinguish fires". So is it possible to put out a vehicle fire?????

If not, that would be an extremely useful option. There is no fire extinguisher in the game, but it would be very helpful to put out a vehicle fire so that we could drag an injured player away from a burning vehicle and administer first aid. When I recommended a fire extinguisher on the feedback page, many people down voted it. I'm not sure why. For co-op gamers, you need to help your friends online, especially if they're trapped under a burning vehicle.

Just a suggestion. It might not be possible.

-V

Please get some solid Dedicated Server testing done.

Do you have anything specific that you know is causing problems/slowdowns?

Is it possible to make this work better when using aiming deadzone?

What would be the best way to go about this? Would checking for icons where the weapon crosshair/aim direction is on the screen be the best solution?

So is it possible to put out a vehicle fire?????

Currently the lighting and extinguishing fires feature only works on fireplace/pit style objects. As far as extinguishing vehicles fires, I don't know if it's possible.

As far as extinguishing vehicles fires, I don't know if it's possible.

OK. Thanks anyway.

2 things.

1) Even if you add no further features to this mod, please simply update it to work with regular ARMA 3 game updates, because yours is a VERY useful mod.

2) If possible, please continue to gradually improve the "Open backpack" feature on enemy soldiers. The game itself has a real problem with this. I hate it when you're down to 1 bullet, getting over-run by several enemy troops, and you've got 2 to 4 dead enemy soldiers on the ground within inches of you, but you can't find the "sweet spot" to open an enemy soldier's backpack/inventory and take a new gun with ammo.

It's just so EXTREMELY frustrating to spend a full minute [or more] in ARMA 3 crawling all over an enemy soldier's dead body frantically searching for the inventory "spot", but you know that in real life you would have ALREADY taken the dead guy's weapon, picked up several extra clips, checked the loaded clip, & looked at the safety.

Thanks for considering my feedback.

-V

Door opening behaviour is exactly oppossite of what I expected... If I "pull" the mouse wheel to myself, the character pushes, i.e. closes the door. To me vice versa would feel better...

I have sometimes seen that "4 bar circle" not disappear from screen, but can't tell when yet...

>Door opening behaviour is exactly oppossite of what I expected...

It depends on the door (some open inward, some open outward). It also depends on what side of the door you are on. So simply reversing the direction doesn't help for every door.

>Door opening behaviour is exactly oppossite of what I expected...

It depends on the door (some open inward, some open outward). It also depends on what side of the door you are on. So simply reversing the direction doesn't help for every door.

exactly. this is sadly a pretty rigid limitation of the models themselves. it would be ideal if each model had the animation set up in a way that the doors could open both ways. that would not only allow opening always away from you (realism aside, that would be just useful and eliminate the super annoying getting stuck inside doors) but also stuff like scripted doors breaching.

I had a thought while using ABM;

It would be kinda nice if there was possible to detect intractable handles nearby without activating them. Perhaps a bindable "reveal handles" key that showed them up in a small radius. One of the worse problems with ArmA's native action menu is not knowing where the handles are, where you need to be and how far you need to be to use them. This would be helpful answering a lot of those questions.

I have a problem with this mod. It already happened a few times that after start of a mission (starting from Editor/map) the 4 part circle is immediately visible, and I cannot remove it...

Door opening behavior is exactly opposite of what I expected...

I don't have any way of figuring out what direction a door opens right now.

It would be kinda nice if there was possible to detect intractable handles nearby without activating them.

Several people have requested this, I'll look into it.

I have a problem with this mod. It already happened a few times that after start of a mission (starting from Editor/map) the 4 part circle is immediately visible, and I cannot remove it...

Do you run any other mods? Does it happen on a specific island? Does it go away after pressing your action key?

I don't have any way of figuring out what direction a door opens right now.

This is a naive, shot in the dark suggestion:

Is there any simple way to detect the model or texture being used by the target door that would indicate its orientation and thus the side it opens to?

What would be the best way to go about this? Would checking for icons where the weapon crosshair/aim direction is on the screen be the best solution?

If possible it would be great!

New Version: 05Nov14 v0.3

Changelog:

• Support for Takistan building doors (Only directly selecting these doors works ATM, the memory point used for non direct selection doesn't exist in these models) (To-Do: Incremental opening of these doors)
  • Added support for new helicopters
  • Added support for vehicles that had FFV added to them (To-Do: Have FFV (turret) positions move the player into another open seat if occupied similar to how cargo seats behave)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Can you please add the action buttons for:

1) Repair truck

2) Refuel truck

3) Rearm truck

4) Medical truck

Basically, the HEMTT vehicles.

Thank you.

Edited by heyvern69

What happened with this mod?

Still active, but, life stuff takes priority. The next update is finished aside from a few bug fixes/tweaks. The main fixes and additions are: SIGNIFICANTLY improved interaction with dead units, aiming deadzone support, and a

Still active, but, life stuff takes priority. The next update is finished aside from a few bug fixes/tweaks. The main fixes and additions are: SIGNIFICANTLY improved interaction with dead units, aiming deadzone support, and a

Nice!