doctorsheep

Action Button Mod

For me it was the ladder to the roof of the Kavala office buildings, singleplayer.

I haven't been able to reproduce this unfortunately. Is there anything else you can think of that may have contributed? What kind of weapon were you using? Any other mods running? Going up the ladder or down?

Another thing that would be nice is to add a check if vehicle is locked and prevent getting out of it in that case.

This has been added and will be included in the next release. I'll work on your other suggestions too.

Hi,

first of all - awesome work with this mod.

and because of its awesomeness i really want to see it accepted on my favorite servers :)

I am playing alot on the eutw cti servers and some other players asked if there is a posibility to allow action button mod there....

Unfortunately the admins wont add it because of one feature :

- Drag things

Its quite understandable that this is not the best idea on a server where u have to pay for things like Ammo-Boxes and then some other guy can drag it away :)

So my question is: Is there any posibility to get a version without this feature (or maybe a version where u can allow/disallow it on the serverside? )

So my question is: Is there any posibility to get a version without this feature (or maybe a version where u can allow/disallow it on the serverside? )

Absolutely! Serverside options are in the works.

Absolutely! Serverside options are in the works.

and now the most anoying question for developers:

is their any release date?

(and no! "When its done" isnt a legit anwswer - ask my boss :) )

is their any release date?

Sorry, no.

Sometimes, in some really rare situations this error can pop-up.

http://i.imgur.com/kiW4HKW.jpg

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it. Is there any more information you can give me to help reproduce the error? What actions did you take leading up to that screenshot?

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it. Is there any more information you can give me to help reproduce the error? What actions did you take leading up to that screenshot?

Sure, just place yourself on a VR map in an empty editor and press "Action Button". I bound it to space.

This happens if you try some of the official showcases, since space is the same button to skip cutscenes this error will pop-up too when you try to skip cutscene at the start of the mission.

Try "night" showcase, happens 100% of the time.

Any news on this topic? :)

The update is finished, including the ability for the server/mission makers/admins to disable features using a public variable. Just waiting on CBA to release their next version that changes how custom keybindings are done. The ETA on that was "shortly after the Marksman DLC launch", so, shortly after the Marksman DLC launch!

The update is finished, including the ability for the server/mission makers/admins to disable features using a public variable. Just waiting on CBA to release their next version that changes how custom keybindings are done. The ETA on that was "shortly after the Marksman DLC launch", so, shortly after the Marksman DLC launch!

Great!

Thanks for the info.

Hi Doc,

I've recently started getting the error above (post 81) as well as this one:

SG-ScriptError.jpg

I'm running the dev-branch, playing SP campaign ("Bingo Fuel" mission atm).

Disabling @ABM no more errors...

The code presented in that error isn't in any of my files. I don't know what's causing it, but, it shouldn't be me.

Also, the error in post 81 has been fixed in the next version to be released. It's caused by hitting the action button with nothing to action near the player.

Hello,

This mod seems like a great relief and streamlining for game-play.

However, after trying out your mod in editor and giving it my seal of approval, I decided to add it to my groups small collection of must have mods. But I can not host a game when I have ABM enabled. I tried other fixes first from around the web, but finally disabling ABM made my issues go away.

What I know:

Error occurred on April 10th. Using the version hosted on withSix.

Starting missions in Editor and SP etc is fine.

Hosting a LAN server is fine.

Hosting a local Internet server is not fine, the game freezes as you press 'OK' in the screen where you give your server a name and password. No error messages, game freezes for, the longest I let it be was ~5min. As far as I can tell it makes little sense that your mod is the culprit but all evidence points to that.

Mods we run:

@CBA (1.20.150408)

@mcc_sandbox_a3

@sthud_a3

@st_gi

@st_Nametags

@st_stamina_bar

I tried other fixes first from around the web, but finally disabling ABM made my issues go away.

Try out this new version, let me know if the issue persists.

After having to deal with unexpectedly building a new computer and not having a working modem for 3 weeks, the new version is finally ready.

New Version: 15APR15 v0.5

Changelog:

• Slightly modified the position of icons relating to jet pilot seats to make them easier to hit.
  • Added checks for locked vehicles.
  • Added an eight segmented ring for indicating key hold time and relevant options.
  • Prevent a script error resulting from using the action button when there is nothing to action.
  • Prevent a script error when attempting to use the action button to dismount a vehicle you spawned in.
  • Add new version of the proof of concept background updating script. (This new version does not display icons in doorways due to a change in how we draw icons. HOWEVER, this new version is significantly more efficient.)
  • Implemented new CBA keybinding API
  • Added the ability for dragging and incremental opening to be disabled by admins. Logged in admins can use the actions in the ABM options menu to toggle these features on and off for players in the server. Additionally, the public variables "ABM_pub_enableDragging" and "ABM_pub_enableIncrementalDoors" can be set to false in conjunction with the publicVariable command to disable the respective features in mission scripts.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Feature request

Is it possible to somehow show who is already occupying a seat in a vehicle? So that when looking at a vehicle seeing all the seats you can immediately tell that the seat is occupied and by whom.

Is it possible to somehow show who is already occupying a seat in a vehicle?

That should be pretty easy to do. I'll look into it for the next release.

Additionally, I noticed that I forgot to update the options menu keybinding for the new CBA keybinding API changes. You wont be able to change the bind for the options menu for now. But, I feel like Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I is sufficiently obscure and infrequently used to force an update just to fix it.

Edited by DoctorSheep

I really love this Action Mod. It's the type of interface that BIS should have put in from the start! The constantly changing action MENU from BIS is one of the most annoying, frustrating elements of ARMA. Trying to find the "sweet spot" to get an option is beyond annoying. And this mod really helps reduce a lot of that frustration. I hate choosing an item on the action menu, only to have the items on the menu change right before you click the button. This mod can't entirely eliminate the action menu, but it certainly helps reduce a lot of the pain.

Therefore, I'm simply writing to say 2 things . . .

1) THANK YOU, thank you, thank you for making this mod ! ! !

2) Please don't stop supporting it. I like this mod, a LOT.

Note: The "get in vehicle" action doesn't work with certain vehicles, like the medical truck, the resupply truck, and the refuel truck.

Lastly, and I know you probably can't fix this, but I would LOVE if there was a way to fix the action menu changing options when you're trying to "speak" to civilian AI who are walking. As the civilian AI move around, the action menu items change. So you may be trying to choose a certain dialog option to "speak" with a civilian for gathering intelligence, but because the civilian AI starts walking away, your menu changes and you can't choose the correct dialog option.

At times, the action menu suddenly changing the order of items can be smash-the-keyboard frustrating. Especially when you have just planted an explosive charge or satchel, and you are trying to open/close a door . . . and the action menu suddenly changes the order of items on you! Booooooooooooom. You're dead. :butbut:

FYI, with the developer version, the "open door" function of your action button mod no longer works. I went back to the regular (non-developer) version of ARMA 3, and the action button mod works fine again while opening doors. So I expect the next "official" update might break the "open door" script function of your mod. I'm just trying to give you a heads-up. I love your mod and I hope you continue developing it, because it's really, REALLY useful. Thanks for the awesome work. -V