doctorsheep

Action Button Mod

Still active, but, life stuff takes priority. The next update is finished aside from a few bug fixes/tweaks. The main fixes and additions are: SIGNIFICANTLY improved interaction with dead units, aiming deadzone support, and a proof of concept ambient display of icons.

Cool stuff! Can't wait for the next update.

New Version: 27Jan15 v0.4

Changelog:

• SIGNIFICANTLY improved interacting with dead units. Gone are the days of struggling to find the sweet spot on a dead unit just to access his gear. (If a WeaponHolderSimulated (a dropped weapon) is selected, we check for dead units within 5m. This should also prevent the player from getting the inventory screen containing only a weapon from the fallen unit)
  • Incremental opening of Takistan doors
  • Added support for aiming deadzone. Simply enable "Aiming deadzone support" in the "Toggle features" section of the options menu.
  • Selecting an FFV position already being used will move the player to the next available FFV/cargo position
  • Prevent players from mounting ladders through walls/glass
  • Added a
    and relevant settings. When enabled, transparent icons will display automatically when near objects you can interact with. Disabled by default. This is safe to use, but may cause a performance hit.
  • Fixed incremental opening on upper floors
  • Change to only allow accessing a unit's backpack in a 200 degree arc behind him.
  • Additional compatibility with Chernarus doors. (Specifically, dealing with using the Czech word "Dvere" on certain double doors instead of "Door".)
  • Improved handling of dragging items and preventing them from getting stuck underground.
  • Added provisions to prevent locality issues when a player tries to drag an object already being dragged by someone else
  • Added the ability to choose how you use the action button to dismount a vehicle. Tap, hold, or both.
  • Added an indicator when an action can't be performed or is rejected. For example, if there are no more available seats in a vehicle.

Sorry this one took so long to push out. Enjoy!

Edited by DoctorSheep

Nice job! It's so awesome just to look an icon and go on the seat with just one click. And it really matters if you're on the wrong side of the vehicle but finally we don't really need to use action menu at all to board a vehicle. At least that was working perfectly what I tested.

Someone just need to do something to remove all kinds of actions from the action menu like get in/out of vehicle, seat options when you're outside of the vehicle (it's good to have them inside), weapon changing, door opening, engine on/off turn in/out, lights on/off, auto-hover, flaps up/down, gear up/down, open gear/rearm and some things I maybe forgot because those can be done with key shortcuts and with ABM. Seat changing, collision lights, explosives, medic and things coming through mods would be pretty much only things in the action menu then!

In the dev branch I've moved all the number commanding keys to my numpad so it would be finally possible to change weapons and throwing item with number keys and many actions could be done without the dam action menu on the way.

Could you add disarm an explosive behind the action button?

Edited by St. Jimmy

Looks very nice. Definitely the best attempt I've seen at making this happen. That first point in your latest changelog is a nice one as well.

Excellent release DoctorSheep, just tried this in the editor. Friggin awesome job mate. An essential addon! ;)

Added a
and relevant settings. When enabled, transparent icons will display automatically when near objects you can interact with. Disabled by default. This is safe to use, but may cause a performance hit.

This is awesome! This is something what BI should do a long time ago, way better then the old system. Bravo!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Could you add disarm an explosive behind the action button?

Sure, I'll look into interacting with explosives.

Is this addon compatible with AGM ?

I haven't done any testing personally. There were a few reports that my dragging system interferes with the AGM dragging system, however, you can disable the Action Button Mod dragging system to prevent any incompatibilities. Other than that there shouldn't be any thing to make it incompatible that I can think of. I'm going to be looking into how to better integrate with the large total conversion mods (AGM, ALiVE, ACE3 if/when it gets released) for future patches. For example, long pressing on a box or CSW might open an interaction menu from the total conversion mod.

Lol you forgot to add the update info in your text file readme.

Oops.

Thank you for the kind words everyone! And, thanks to the Armaholic and SIX teams too.

Issue found! loosing action menu on incremental opening doors with scroll wheel I'm also using AGM.

And while I commend you on improving dead body interaction the zone is far to small and still fiddly. Could it be improved so it counts the complete body from any angle.

I haven't done any testing personally. There were a few reports that my dragging system interferes with the AGM dragging system, however, you can disable the Action Button Mod dragging system to prevent any incompatibilities. Other than that there shouldn't be any thing to make it incompatible that I can think of. I'm going to be looking into how to better integrate with the large total conversion mods (AGM, ALiVE, ACE3 if/when it gets released) for future patches. For example, long pressing on a box or CSW might open an interaction menu from the total conversion mod.

AGM would love that I am sure, I can link you to their dragging functions that you can check. Also willing to help you with making it compatible.

One thing missing from your mod is support for vehicle mods. By my testing none of the mods worked, for example RHS, but also no mods that inherit directly from vanilla classes like NATO Hellcats or my JNS Skycranes function with your mod.

Would be awesome to have that.

Another thing that would be nice is to add a check if vehicle is locked and prevent getting out of it in that case. We use a custom mod where you can "Secure" the vehicle, but with this mod everyone can still jump out using it. Getting in functions perfectly, it doesn't let you when it's locked.

Edited by Jonpas

Issue found! loosing action menu on incremental opening doors with scroll wheel I'm also using AGM.

...dead body interaction the zone is far to small and still fiddly...improved so it counts the complete body from any angle.

I'll download AGM and fiddle around with it. I haven't actually used any of the total conversion mods in development for A3 yet. Thanks for the report.

One thing missing from your mod is support for vehicle mods. By my testing none of the mods worked, for example RHS, but also no mods that inherit directly from vanilla classes like NATO Hellcats or my JNS Skycranes function with your mod.

Another thing that would be nice is to add a check if vehicle is locked and prevent getting out of it in that case. We use a custom mod where you can "Secure" the vehicle, but with this mod everyone can still jump out using it. Getting in functions perfectly, it doesn't let you when it's locked.

With RE to vehicle mods, seat locations need to be trained for each and every vehicle currently. There is no way to pull the seat coordinate data automatically. I've put in a ticket requesting a command to pull that data from the model, but who knows if it will ever happen. Is there a way to detect direct vehicle inheritance?

I'll work on support for locked vehicles and doors. You're just using the "lock" scripting command in your implementation, correct?

Some more details, scrolling with door increment then loose ability to scroll on action menu, can press middle mouse button to bring up menu but not select anything alternate keyboard keys don't work either.

I'll download AGM and fiddle around with it. I haven't actually used any of the total conversion mods in development for A3 yet. Thanks for the report.

With RE to vehicle mods, seat locations need to be trained for each and every vehicle currently. There is no way to pull the seat coordinate data automatically. I've put in a ticket requesting a command to pull that data from the model, but who knows if it will ever happen. Is there a way to detect direct vehicle inheritance?

I'll work on support for locked vehicles and doors. You're just using the "lock" scripting command in your implementation, correct?

AGM is practically released, a few versions already and it's fully usable. I strongly suggest you check it out. ;)

Ah, sad to hear about the seats, I hope they add the command. Maybe a temporary work-around would be viable? I suggest checking what kind of seats the vehicle has and then setting some default location points for the icons. It might look slightly ugly when vehicle is totally different, but it would be functional - or add an option where you can toggle functionality for modded vehicles (aka "presumed seat locations").

As for detecting direct vehicle inheritance, yes there is a way using BIS_fnc_returnParents on the vehicle and then loop through the result and find the correct classname. It's done in XENO Taru Pod Mod, you can open the PBO and check the function, it's in French though: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?186272-XENO-Taru-Pod-Mod

Correct, we use setVehicleLock but it's the same functionality as lock, just the effect is global. A simple check "if (locked vehicle <= 1) then {//allow getting out}" will do.

I searched the thread but didn't find. Is the Mod Clientside?

I searched the thread but didn't find. Is the Mod Clientside?

Server side obviously.

I found a bug:

Using ABM to climb a ladder causes the player freezes during the "ladder grab" animation, and stays like that while hovering around, unable to go back to normal.

I found a bug:

Using ABM to climb a ladder causes the player freezes during the "ladder grab" animation, and stays like that while hovering around, unable to go back to normal.

What island? What building? Singleplayer or Multi? Can you provide grid coordinates or a picture of the building?

Considering Keys Enhanced Interaction System was last updated on Nov 6 2013 at 03:21, I'd say this mod. But it's up to yourself to judge. ;)

What island? What building? Singleplayer or Multi? Can you provide grid coordinates or a picture of the building?

For me it was the ladder to the roof of the Kavala office buildings, singleplayer.

Keep up the great work!

Considering Keys Enhanced Interaction System was last updated on Nov 6 2013 at 03:21, I'd say this mod. But it's up to yourself to judge. ;)

hopefully mod updates keep dropping for the mod