Sign in to follow this  
febriannas

isTouchingGround, empty object type "toolkit", count 2, for trigger condition?

isTouchingGround, empty object type "toolkit", count 2, for trigger condition?

i want to make a trigger, so when 2 object type "toolkit" is detected on the ground, it will create an action

or maybe without the istouchingground thing,

how to make condition that will detect "object type" with certain amount (ex;2) of them in the trigger area?

({("ToolKit" in (itemCargo _x))}count (nearestObjects [trgTrigger1, ["GroundWeaponHolder"], triggerRadius])) == 2

Also, try to learn some scripting language. Editor is fun, but you'll see it's limitations soon.

Edited by DreadedEntity

I don't know what you mean by "toolbox" as there's no such class in the Arma 3 Assets, but anyway, this should work:

[color=#FF8040][color=#1874CD]_trigger_toolboxes[/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]=[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]createTrigger[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#7A7A7A]"EmptyDetector"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]getPosATL[/b][/color] [color=#000000]player[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[color=#1874CD]_trigger_toolboxes[/color] [color=#191970][b]setTriggerActivation[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#7A7A7A]"ANY"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#7A7A7A]"PRESENT"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#000000]false[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[color=#1874CD]_trigger_toolboxes[/color] [color=#191970][b]setTriggerStatements[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#7A7A7A]"this && {{(typeOf _x) isEqualTo 'Item_ToolKit'} count thisList >= 2}"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#7A7A7A]"hintSilent 'It works.'"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#7A7A7A]""[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Kudos to Killzone_Kid for his SQF to BBCode Converter.

Don't forget to set the other parameters like trigger area and such.

Edited by waltenberg

My version...

You will need to change the top line _position = position <some object you want to put the tool kits by>;

_position = position player;

while {true} do {

//hint str _position;

_groundEquipmentArray = nearestObjects [_position,["GroundWeaponHolder"],10];

{
_added = _x getVariable ["ActionAdded",false];

if !(_added) then {

if (({"ToolKit" == _x} count (itemCargo _x))>1) then {

_x addAction ["Use Toolkits!",{hint "You used the toolkits!"}];
				_x setVariable["ActionAdded",true];
							};
				};

} forEach _groundEquipmentArray;

sleep 1;

};

hey guys and walten you always there for me when i need it.

that was a type slip,hehe i mean toolkit

wrote some more code that will make this extra good

({("Toolkit" in (itemCargo _x)) && {[getPos _x, thisTrigger] call BIS_fnc_inTrigger}}count (nearestObjects [thisTrigger, ["GroundWeaponHolder"], if ((triggerArea thisTrigger) select 0 >= (triggerArea thisTrigger) select 1) then [{(triggerArea thisTrigger) select 0}, {(triggerArea thisTrigger) select 1}]])) == 2

just put that whole thing in the condition for the trigger

EDIT: It looks like something is wrong with triggers because this code should work, yet it doesn't. But running it in the debug console shows it works just fine. Triggers broken

Edited by DreadedEntity

Hmm, counter question:

What is wrong with that code?

[color=#FF8040][color=#1874CD]_trigger_toolboxes[/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]=[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]createTrigger[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#7A7A7A]"EmptyDetector"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]getPosATL[/b][/color] [color=#000000]player[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[color=#1874CD]_trigger_toolboxes[/color] [color=#191970][b]setTriggerActivation[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#7A7A7A]"ANY"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#7A7A7A]"PRESENT"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#000000]false[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[color=#1874CD]_trigger_toolboxes[/color] [color=#191970][b]setTriggerStatements[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#7A7A7A]"this && {count (thisTrigger nearestObjects [thisTrigger, ['Item_ToolKit'], 10]) >= 2}"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#7A7A7A]"hintSilent 'It works.'"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#7A7A7A]""[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color]
[/color]

Kudos and stuff ...

The compiler tells me:

Error in expression <this && {count (thisTrigger nearestObjects [thisTrigger, [>
 Error position: <nearestObjects [thisTrigger, [>
 Error Missing )

But I can't see where I'm missing that ")"... I mean, it's obviously not that, it's probably the "thisTrigger" itself or some weird shit with "nearestObjects" inside a trigger condition, but I have no idea...

Edited by waltenberg

hi guys,dread and walten

its still not working guys,

the situatation is,

i already got a trigger inside the editor, want to place the condition inside it

that will check for certain object type "toolkit" with certain amount of it "2" on the ground of area size of the trigger

Well, be aware that I usually post code which is intended to be put inside an SQF file and then executed. You'd only need the first string after "setTriggerStatements", but I just realized that the trigger will not fire as it does not detect the toolkits for whatever reason. Further more, the workaround I posted minutes ago produces a strange error which I still can't figure out.

To cut it short: Put DreadedEntity's code into your condition part. Honestly, I don't know what his code does :p, but if it doesn't work, ... well, we'll see.

wierd.. its not working, maybe any other workaraound for this, dread and walt?

@allReaders, this is NOT a Dread and Johnny exclusive thread, you may still participate and write your mind. ;)

Edited by Heeeere's Johnny!

I'm not really sure what your trying to do but if I want to count objects using the trigger condition then I use something like this in the condition

_trigger_toolboxes setTriggerStatements ["this && (count  nearestObjects [thisTrigger, ['Item_ToolKit'],10]) >=2", "hintSilent 'It works.'", ""];

Not sure if 'Item_ToolKit' is a correct object name as I haven't checked it.

Edited by F2k Sel

Just got to point out that my code is fully working and will do anything that could be done in a trigger... You just need to identify what position you want it on and put the effects in the action.

I'm not really sure what your trying to do but if I want to count objects using the trigger condition then I use something like this in the condition

_trigger_toolboxes setTriggerStatements ["this && (count  nearestObjects [thisTrigger, ['Item_ToolKit']],10]) >=2", "hintSilent 'It works.'", ""];

Not sure if 'Item_ToolKit' is a correct object name as I haven't checked it.

The problem with this is that dropped items are put into an invisible and empty container called "GroundWeaponHolder" so you have to check for containers, then check the contents. And toolkits are called "ToolKit" (note the capital 'K'). My code did this, and I tested it working in the debug console, but when I added it to a trigger it stopped working, suggesting triggers are broken in some way.

I get it now, your code can't work as intrigger function isn't being called correctly your not passing the name of the trigger in the array.

your not passing the name of the trigger in the array.

Good catch, Sel, I edited the original post with an update, unfortunately it still didn't work when I tested it in the editor.