egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain]

Thanks for the update, will try it tonight. I just wonder why the downloadrate is so low on the armaholics servers, have a 100Mb/s line, but on armaholics my speed doesnt reach even 2Mb/s downloadrate ^^ On all other pages its 10mb/s, armaholic ssems to be little shy to give out the speed^^

On the first look i cant see a difference on the military bases? They still look like some of the hollywood military boot camps or vietnam outposts near the enemy lines in a warzone. Wrecks, multiple entraces, sandbag covers all around the places, tree's block visiblilty, complete disoriented architecture :pray::cry2:

Thanks for the update, will try it tonight. I just wonder why the downloadrate is so low on the armaholics servers, have a 100Mb/s line, but on armaholics my speed doesnt reach even 2Mb/s downloadrate ^^ On all other pages its 10mb/s, armaholic ssems to be little shy to give out the speed^^

Its so sweet to constantly see the same complaining.

Maybe we should limit the downloadspeed as well and only offer full speed to those who pay if thats what will make everyone love us? Seems more and more within this community a free service is an open target where as you have to pay for the same service nobody complains.

** img removed **

This is the last time I will reply to anything Armaholic related here (negative/positive), I am done ...... have fun complaining...go for it!

Edited by Guest

Foxhound, this was no offensive posting from me, just mentioned it. I think there is some kind of issue on my side of the line. Also i didnt ask in this way that you needed to reply my posting.

And its Christmas soon, its the time for love&harmony and such other crap^^

OnTopic: yeah, just had a walk in the villages on the map, i love the new added details :)

Also what kind of job would it be to make Bornholm use assets from AIA TP? Is it a simple config replacement?

Would you give permission for someone else to do it if you are adamant on not using AIA TP?

Indeed, thanks for this gem! It's nothing short of impressive. And to have such a new feeling after so many maps' been made, just awesome. I really hope you keep adding to this.

As a bit of constructive criticism, it would really made the whole map some good if you could leave a larger empy space around the roads, you know, to cover up the AI amazing driving abilities a little bit :).

Indeed, thanks for this gem! It's nothing short of impressive. And to have such a new feeling after so many maps' been made, just awesome. I really hope you keep adding to this.

As a bit of constructive criticism, it would really made the whole map some good if you could leave a larger empy space around the roads, you know, to cover up the AI amazing driving abilities a little bit :).

Hahaha !!! That's good, but I "tested" yet AI driving skills on the map...and I have to say they done pretty well. Maybe there are still some roads unaccesible to them but most of the map looks enough easy to drive on :D

Thanks for the update of this Jewel of the North !!!

Well I messed up guys. I updated my Bornholm before thinking about if it was compatible with ALiVE yet. I deleted my download of the old version awhile ago. Can someone send me a link to the newest release that was compatible with the newest ALiVE version? I would really appreciate it!

Well I messed up guys. I updated my Bornholm before thinking about if it was compatible with ALiVE yet. I deleted my download of the old version awhile ago. Can someone send me a link to the newest release that was compatible with the newest ALiVE version? I would really appreciate it!

I will send you a link..

but most of the map looks enough easy to drive on

Most of the map, maybe, but not one city can be crossed by an AI driver without crashing. Sound bad enough (unless you know a way to make them avoid cities?).

Wait, which version is compatible with ALiVE? I downloaded this map back in November and it wasn't compatible. Which version is, and can someone link me or something?

The last version of this island with the current version of ALiVE I believe.

How well does Bornholm work with AI? Do they see through objects like trees, bushes, and walls?

How well does Bornholm work with AI? Do they see through objects like trees, bushes, and walls?

You can try it out for your self but AI should not see through trees, bushes and walls.

Regarding AiA, I'll think about it. But I would like to keep Bornholm as one file, so I dont dilute the mod in any way by having different versions. Don't know why 1.8gb would be too much for most. Maybe have a friend download it to an USB stick if in trouble?

Merry Xmas by the way! It was so good to release Bornholm this autumn and it's so great to see all the firefights uploaded to Youtube going on right now on the island :)

Until ALiVE updates their mod again I think that the version working would be 1.2. Hopefully they got an update inbound soon :)

Just added Opteryx in the credits. Thanks alot to him for making the original wheat models many years ago :) Now we can still enjoy these fantastic models in our new A3 environments, which is great!

Edited by EgilSandfeld

Hey Egil, any chance of a server key for 1.3?

I'm running Bornholm v1.3 + EpochMod and players joining with 1.2 are unable to chop down trees :)

Regards,

Uro

Hey Egil, any chance of a server key for 1.3?

I'm running Bornholm v1.3 + EpochMod and players joining with 1.2 are unable to chop down trees :)

Regards,

Uro

Well isn't it the exact reason for the keys that you are all on the same version, when using the terrain on the same server?

Regarding AiA, I'll think about it. But I would like to keep Bornholm as one file, so I dont dilute the mod in any way by having different versions. Don't know why 1.8gb would be too much for most. Maybe have a friend download it to an USB stick if in trouble?

I think people are requesting AiA because a lot of communities have players who

1. Don't have the time to spend on the computer very often, except for the weekly game session. This leads to suprises like: "Oh, I was just gonna start up PWS with our repository and go join our weekly games, but damn, there's been a 1,8Gb update, guess I'm not playing tonight then."

2. Like to keep things optimized, our finnish community prefers only to use mods that are complete and working well, as otherwise arma will simply get too demanding for many systems of many players.

Also, for new players, its a big barrier to entry if the mod pack of the community he's about to join is large. Having a 1,8Gb file that could be 500mb in there certainly doesn't help. I know that for German, British, and American arma communities playercount might not be a problem, but for a lot of smaller countries and smaller communities it can be hard to keep a high playercount weekly.

This is why it is ESSENTIAL that there is a low barrier to entry, so that communities continue to flower and grow, with new members flocking in to replace those retiring.

If you would please consider the AiA thing, it would be great. Our community would love to enjoy your lovely map and all the wonderful gameplay it would provide, right now it just might hurt us in the long run.

Happy Holidays from Finland!

-N

I think people are requesting AiA because a lot of communities have players who

Also, for new players, its a big barrier to entry if the mod pack of the community he's about to join is large. Having a 1,8Gb file that could be 500mb in there certainly doesn't help. I know that for German, British, and American arma communities playercount might not be a problem, but for a lot of smaller countries and smaller communities it can be hard to keep a high playercount weekly.

This is why it is ESSENTIAL that there is a low barrier to entry, so that communities continue to flower and grow, with new members flocking in to replace those retiring.

If you would please consider the AiA thing, it would be great. Our community would love to enjoy your lovely map and all the wonderful gameplay it would provide, right now it just might hurt us in the long run.

Happy Holidays from Finland!

-N

So instead you want people to download a roughly five to eight gig pack? :/

How does that make it a lower barrier of entrance if you suddenly force onto having people to download AiA to then be able to play the island itself?

I frankly prefer the way Bornholm does it and it's frankly far more manageable than adding a ton of other dependencies on top of it.

All I really I hope is that the creator works out the performance kinks in the island as otherwise it's a far far more enjoyable place to do missions on than the drab and dreary default islands.

I am honestly not a fan of the current move of making AiA a huge dependency for future content because that will sooner or later just dissuade people to join because not everyone might have space for AiA at a decent quality and then all the other things that their group is running with on top of that. I do not think the supposed gain for adding AiA outweighs the supposed cons in this case and would've rather just see the island as it's own standalone thing.

AIA content is constantly being upgraded. I think it would also benefit bornholm to receive the updated content in the future. New opened up buildings etc.

Also currently I belive there is somekind of compatibility issue with AIATP and Bornholm. When both of those are on, some buildings float in the air.

Edited by Bumgie

Would be nice to have an AIA/A3MP compatible version. There's quite a few large communities with 40+ guys who use AIA/A3MP as a kind of foundation in their modpack. My community has 80+ active members.. and we're getting a steady flow of new members (who know before they join they'll need to download A3MP). People really don't seem to be put off by it. For these type of communities, it would be nice if there was a AIA/A3MP compatible version available. If you're worried about having multiple versions, I'd have the standalone version on Armaholic/PlayWithSix etc and the AIA compatible version available via PM. Would benefit a lot of people :)