egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain]

Our server is still running the previous version, however I can connect with the updated one. (I guess it's working the other way around too)

Is there any solution to this?

edit: the serverkey is the same, that's the problem

Edited by GiPPO

I'm also having problems with FPS dropping to next to nothing on this map. I'm running a 3.4ghz I5, 8gb RAM, and a GTX 760.

I downloaded the latest version of the map hoping it would help, but the FPS is still just as bad. I'm also having this wierd problem where the characters animation goes crazy, with them missing limbs and all sorts of wack stuff. See the picture below. Now I'm running about 4 million mods right now, so likely it's a clash of some kind related to that...

elWstK

You sure your GPU isn't dying? My PC is slightly worse then yours (750ti) and my FPS isn't THAT bad considering how intensive this map can be.

Alternatively, if alot of the mods you're using are script based it could be overloading the engine. Hard to tell without a list.

pointless unless you test with JUST Bornholm...

In sp I never had issues with map only when loaded with ai and in mp did it cause slowdowns I.e. with ALiVE

Naa, it's unplayable. One can probably turn everything down in video settings, but I refuse to play anything that's more demanding than Altis, and looks nowhere near as nice.

You sure your GPU isn't dying? My PC is slightly worse then yours (750ti) and my FPS isn't THAT bad considering how intensive this map can be.

Alternatively, if alot of the mods you're using are script based it could be overloading the engine. Hard to tell without a list.

My PC is only 11 months old, so I really doubt the GPU is dying. Plus another reason why I know it's not is because I haven't seen any other terrain's (or other games) performance decrease over time. What's happening is definitely a clash, I mean look at that screenshot I posted above. The guy on the right is a vest and helmet floating above more floating clothing... but why should a map clash anyway? Why would I unload weapons mods, unit mods, Bcombat, and MCC to play a map? I'd have nothing left to play with on it (yes vanilla is nothing!). The only mods I'm actually running which add an additional tax is Bcombat and MCC- all the others are not actually running until they are activated or are just units/weapons/terrains.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not going to act all self-entitled and demand someone make me a terrain that works for my set-up. If the only way it works is with vanilla, then so be it, I'll just have to miss out. I'm just here pointing out what it looks like when it goes wrong for me. Take it or leave it you know. I'm also kind of wondering out loud if the performance problems some people are having isn't so much about the number of trees or what not, but some kind of glitch which is dragging everything down. I don't know anything about modding or maps though.

Don't misunderstand, test your exact scenarios with no mods running first and confirm it's just the map at fault. Hope that makes sense

Don't misunderstand, test your exact scenarios with no mods running first and confirm it's just the map at fault. Hope that makes sense

Ok just for the sake of it, I will actually unload everything and see what happens. I'll try the map without any AI and then I'll make the simple mission (albeit without MCC) that spazzed out in the photo I posted.

some areas seem to play worse than other's... well that's what we discovered anyway.

OK. having the most very briefest of plays with just vanilla in the same location with roughly the same amount of units as I had trouble with before, the game is a bit jerky here and there but mostly fine. So yeah, it's some kind of conflict. I really don't have the motivation to load up each of my 4 million mods 1 by 1 to find out which it is...

I really don't have the motivation to load up each of my 4 million mods 1 by 1 to find out which it is...

Or use all and Divide and conquer :) - So you "only" need to start up ArmA log2(#ofMods) times.

Good advice. Just do the fifty fifty split and refine the error that way.... if you can be bothered :-)

Our server is still running the previous version, however I can connect with the updated one. (I guess it's working the other way around too)

Is there any solution to this?

edit: the serverkey is the same, that's the problem

Did you fix it by uploading the new server keys then? Or is the problem on my end?

Reuploaded the source files to include the data files for heightmap, sat, mask, normal map, so that it's possible to edit that as well. Link has been updated in OP.

Did you fix it by uploading the new server keys then? Or is the problem on my end?

The terrain and also the server key were version 1.3 on the server, with 1.4 installed on the client, I could join.

Haven't tested it with the other way around, but it seems that the server key is the same for the 1.3 and 1.4, so that might just work as well.

Although, I'm not that familiar how these server keys work, all I can say is I could join the server with the updated terrain.

Thank you for the new version!

Changelog:

Added a few hidden mine shafts near Hasle

Are these the last refuge of giants on purpose? D:

spoiler image

Uploading the files right now (4,53GB). Might take some time, but i'll add a Post later on, when its finished.

• Like 1

Why is the game starting with -skipintro with this terrain activated? Also, can you make the pbo's all lowercase so they're compatible with Linux servers?  :)

Hello. I'm getting a "Bad version 68 in p3d file 'es\bornholmobjectsbo_c_grasscrookedgreen_summer.p3d'    any ideas?