egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain]

Congratulations Egil!!

It's terrific to see a terrain actually get some recognition for a change and you did amazingly well to pull Bornholm together so well in such a short period of time - despite all the tools headaches!!

Well done! - Richly deserved!!!

B

I've only just started exploring the island but can already see why it won - congratulations.

cj

Thanks guys! Thanks Bush and the rest of the guys in the Terrain Skype channel. Rich, Mikero, M!lkman, etc. You know who you are :)

Also big shout out the Danish Armed Forces for extensive testing!

Lastly - Hugh thanks to all you who played and still does on Bornholm. The feedback has been really great, so I could NOT have done this without all of you.

My time is really limited at the moment, but I would like to make a new update to Bornholm fixing the stuff which is still bothering us all. I cannot promise you anything, but I will try to move some things around.

Jihaaaw! Congrats to the other guys in all categories. Stellar mods all of them.

And of course to BI guys - Keep making this an unique experience. You know what to do :)

Now on to heavy vodka party in Helsinki to celebrate it haha ;)

Congratulations Egil!!

It's a delight to have a high-quality, large forest map native to A3.

well deserved 'W' man, the terrain is fantastic, and takes me to another world ever time I play it. Can't wait to see what the future has in store for your next projects!

Nice map, and qute similar to real one, it was fun driving first in Arma and then on Google Map :)

Edited by Krovogad
There was some bugreports but i accidentally them:(

just played the map the first time ... its really good work and looks awesome :)

thx m8

Heh, I liked the hidden 'Viking' roadsign & the 'donate' reminder :)

Any more little surprises tucked away (no location info wanted, please)?

I'm experiencing severely low FPS on Bornholm since the Marksman DLC. I think it may need some TLC.

Hi EgilSandfeld,

The Island is beautiful and a great playground! I got the idea to re-create this old classic video on Bornholm as it looks very similar

this was my effort, hope you like seeing your work flashing by the canopy!

Sadly, YouTube still blurs Arma 3 grass so the video has lost a lot of clarity and some FPS from the original but watched in full HD it still has some nice moments.

Thanks again, I'll be playing with this Island for some time!

The latest Arma update seems to have broken Bornholm. Can't get more than 10 FPS client side when running Bornholm 1.3 and Arma 3 1.44. Having the issue on multiple servers.

Indeed. Lots of our a3wasteland players complaining on low clientside fps on bornholm.

some textures glitching/blinking .

Hey guys. Ill

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

Hey guys. I'll look into it as soon as I have some time!

Same issue here from my whole clan. After the patch from Arma 3 version 1.44, Bornholm is unplayable. We dont get more then 10 FPS on the map. And if I want to go into the Virtuel Arsenal, why Arma always crashes but on Altis or Stratis it works fine witht he same Modsused

It's the clouds, change the settings from ultra to standard and then back to ultra fixes it, watch the clouds go blurry, then watch your FPS drop.

I think that's an Arma glitch more than a Bornholm problem honestly. I've seen the same thing happen on Altis as of the last patch.

The grass behaves very strange on bornholm. Looks like it renders around you when moving. But still there are performance problems on this map. Especially on a3wasteland