egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain]

Its a nice idea with AiA but i think it would need 2 versions then, i dont know how much work this would be. For further Upgrades and compatibility it would cause less Problems. BUT some communities just use Bornholm alone and offer Bornholm with their mission as a stand alone download. They cant use AiATP because this will make a 9GB download. For the community im in, the AiATP + Bornholm would also be better. Im happy whatever Egil will do. Never forget he is alone.

There's quite a difference between an AiA compatible version and a version using AiA assets.

AiA compatible only means it doesn't cause problems when used with AiA - which should be mandatory as AiA is used by many communities, but it doesn't add any dependencies.

Using AiA assets means making Bornholm dependent of AiA - which is a very stupid idea. Why would anyone want to do that? It increases the DL size from 1.8GB to at least 8GB (AiA TP + Bornholm) and AiA only provides ArmA 1/2 assets - who would want to put ugly ArmA 1/2 assets in this beautiful ArmA 3 map?

Bornholm is the first real ArmA 3 map - and we need more of this to have alternatives to those ugly ArmA 1/2 maps, so we don't have to download AiA + the map we want to play on, but have a standalone solution which allows small downloads and better map management. Yes, those ArmA 1/2 maps are nice maps, but seriously - they look like shit, compared to what ArmA 3 can do in terms of graphic. I'm tired of seeing the same low res textures over and over again - for less ArmA 2 imports and more real ArmA 3 content.

So: NO to AiA dependency for Bornholm.

@TheConen Dude, Bornholm uses many objects/buildings from previous iteractions of Arma. And since, like you said, most communities uses AiA, the actual dowload size would be reduced, hence the pledge for AiA dependency (though dependendy is a misleading word here, if you don't know what others are taking for common knowledge).

...who would want to put ugly ArmA 1/2 assets in this beautiful ArmA 3 map?

Not sure you've been following the AiA thread my friend. The whole point of AiA is to create compatability, yes, BUT once stable the contributors are improving those assets to A3 standards... I.e. all the buildings that are already ON bornholm, but basically useless A1/A2 standard will be fully enterable... etc etc.

a MUCH better alternative.

Fact is most communities play more than 1 map. Which means they will have to download AiA_TP anyway at some point or their games are gonna get pretty boring on the same old maps all the time. So your argument against download "size" is just not relevant. 1 Master map pack i.e. AiA_TP + lots of smaller map files like Isla Duala etc is much preferred over enormous maps like Bornholm which simply waste storage and download on redundant assets. basically what He said :-) (sorry seba started typing and then went to lunch... lol)

Performance wise how is Bornholm doing now? I had heard with the previous version it wasn't good.

It's beautiful, but we've parked it for the moment. Was causing too many lag spikes with lots of Ai and or other mods. I think for simpler missions it's great

SJ

Wow, I have never seen this before. Which mods do you use?

A lot (44 different ones), but adding Bornholm is generating this. Removing it and the issue is gone.

If you're using PWS, I could share my collection. Or may be you could find something in the rpt file ?

@EgilSandfeld if you could take a bit of time to look into your Pm Inbox id like to talk to you about something thank you.

Just started playing this map and its great!

Couple of questions what is the biggest town? and where can I get some missions that will work on SP for this map?

Hi Mac. Thanks :)

The biggest town is Roenne, followed by Nexoe and Aakirkeby.

There should be missions in Steam Workshop for Bornholm. Try a search there.

Got back to Falcos by the way :) He's making an awesome city life rpg with Bornholm,so stay tuned for that :)

I'm working on a bornholm port of GoT A3Wasteland v1.1 :)

MX7bdv5l.jpg

mission source can be found here: https://github.com/JoSchaap/GoT_A3Wasteland.Bornholm

(use the download zip button, then create a PBO of it)

or on steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=390488189

It's already fully functional, I just need to move some of the stores to a more proper place :) *edit* done!

I had to manually place the ATM's because some playground had over 20 of them in a 200mtr radius. :D

The high grass does make some of the missions more exiting though! :)

gfVfqzjl.jpg

Edited by JoSchaap
steam workshop added

Can anyone please please please post up some Bornholm MCC Templates or ZGM missions?

The few that are on the steam workshop either don't work or require Addons my squad don't use.

I've got Bornholm on my dedicated server with a few missions but my crew and myself really only like playing custom Zeus Missions if anyone has some MCC templates or Zeus Missions handy they could upload or can point me in the direction to download some I would be forever grateful.

Thanks for all your support, guys.

Addon.png

Bornholm for Arma 3 has made it to the finals in the Addon category in Make Arma Not War contest :)

It's a tough line of competitors, that I'm up against, so I'm definitely counting on a nice 10th position.

Performance wise how is Bornholm doing now? I had heard with the previous version it wasn't good.

We started using end of December and removed it after one night of gaming on it because performance was regularly below 30 fps. I don't know if versions since then have fixed it but I would say performance is exceptionally poor in my experience.

Try with EOS or another scripted solution. ALiVE - my personal favourite, as it's so easy to use and setup, doesn't seem to work so well on Bornholm

Can anyone shed any light on why RHS tanks and IFVs that are spawned onto Bornholm using Zeus or MCC are getting stuck?

It's like they're stuck in a bog. I've tried altering the spawn height with Zeus but they just sink straight away revving the tits off their engines.

It's been an issue with 1.38 - has nothing to do with RHS or Bornholm as far as I can tell.

SJ

Ok, thanks.

It's a pity as I like the map but it caught me out during a Zeus mission. I hope they get it sorted as you clearly put a ton of effort into it.

Will there be any changes of the hitbox/Geolod of tree's?

Congrats on your 2nd placing! it was very well deserved! I know I've had a LOT of fun in bornholm, and I'm glad the BIS jury thought relatively the same way!

Amazing Job Egil!