egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain]

wasteland looks nice on this too :)

wWSx69Y.jpg

video @

Edited by JoSchaap

Thanks a lot, Dennis! Not a bad place to marry your love ;) Congrats! Hope your wife doesn't see you tear that area up in Arma. That would signal bad things I imagine ;)

Hehe agree... i better let her not watch while bombing the hell out of Bornholm ;), keep up the good work :)

wasteland server up now (public)

a3b.soki.nl:2302

banner_560x95.png?random=747118

GoT A3WASTELAND BORNHOLM v1.0b (JoSchaap)

Is there a mirror somewhere with v1.0 still available? I dunno if pw6 does this or not (can't access atm). I'm running an ALiVE scenario on weekends and its falling behind schedule since ALiVE is still working on indexing v1.2.

Don't be the typical Arma modder by just making something and then abandon it. This map is great but it is very unfinished and there is still much that can and should be done. Keep working to improve and optimize it!

Don't be the typical Arma modder by just making something and then abandon it. This map is great but it is very unfinished and there is still much that can and should be done. Keep working to improve and optimize it!

Don't be the typical Arma fan which ask modders to do this and that. They all work in their free time for us, for making mod like this come true. I don't think a modder would ever abandon his/her work without a good reason, as he/she put more than anyone else on it.

We all hope, I suppose, they will continue to improve and optimize this map as well as creating new contents because they showed their skills. Do not pretend, be grateful ;)

Egil, this is the best island that was in the series OFP-Arma. Nothing similar has not been done. Including the island of BIS.

Great!

PS Please give the coordinates of the caves of this video:

Been playing bornholm and its awesome. However we have noticed that the Ai seems to be somewhat unaffected by grass. It seems worse than Altis or Straits. Basically we now play with grass disabled, which is unfortunate given the aesthetic compromise and beauty of Bornholm. I know its an ongoing ARMA issue as described in this thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183844-So-AI-can-still-see-through-completely-obscuring-grass-and-shoot-at-the-player/page14

After reading this thread and better understanding how grass effects the Ai I was wondering if bornholm grass or surfaces could be 'underconfigured' as described in the quotes below by Petka from BIS.

To elaborate more, AI isn't affected directly by grass clutter, but each clutter type appears according to surface under it and that surface affects "size" of anyone on that surface (with some additional influences like stance, uniform and so on). Shooting the weapon affects this a lot (lets say 10 times), which means that AI sees soldier in grass being two meters tall instead for some short time. Just to note, bushes work in some other way :icon_twisted:

I would rather say that grass models don't matter, rather the surface under them may be possibly, but not necessary, underconfigured.

:

Maybe not but I thought I would ask in case the map developer wasn't aware of this information related map surface configuration related to grass effecting Ai.

Great map!

Been playing bornholm and its awesome. However we have noticed that the Ai seems to be somewhat unaffected by grass. It seems worse than Altis or Straits. Basically we now play with grass disabled, which is unfortunate given the aesthetic compromise and beauty of Bornholm. I know its an ongoing ARMA issue as described in this thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183844-So-AI-can-still-see-through-completely-obscuring-grass-and-shoot-at-the-player/page14

After reading this thread and better understanding how grass effects the Ai I was wondering if bornholm grass or surfaces could be 'underconfigured' as described in the quotes below by Petka from BIS.

Maybe not but I thought I would ask in case the map developer wasn't aware of this information related map surface configuration related to grass effecting Ai.

Great map!

When you say "underconfigured" you mean it will be easier to hide crouching or laying down ?

+1 if so, It would be awesome !!!

After playing on the map a lot lately, it seems that the AI completely sees through the hedge rows in towns / cities. Is there a way to fix that?

Been playing bornholm and its awesome. However we have noticed that the Ai seems to be somewhat unaffected by grass.

The fields of Bornholm made me wonder if there even is a solution available for them. I mean, currently the AI won't spot a player unit that's prone in a field like this (so they should be configured?). However, since the rye doesn't block their line of sight, they will see anyone who's standing up, even if a player's vision in the same spot would be completely blocked by the rye. It seems like the same old Arma 2 problem that just hasn't been as pressing in A3, since there's much less long grass on Stratis and Altis.

I really hope it could be fixed, though, given how awesome this map is.

The Map is really nice. There a few building glitches here and there but that would seem normal being a first release. I would say see about using some of the A2 buildings the community opened up and possibly Oil rigs up in the north. Other than that im really enjoying it

Good idea on the Rigs.... Really good idea... Some nice play options there !

+1 to the Oilrigs ideas and community objects!

Any thought's about adding more features such as ATM / Phonebooths / Garbage piles etc ?

I pm'd you with some information that may be helpful.

Love it.

Havent been there my self IRL but it has a great Netherlands-forrests/fields feel to it aswell!

ALiVE isn't indexed for Bornholm 1.2 yet. They are working on it.

Hopefully 1.2 is the last update in a very long while, so we can get communities playing campaigns on the island without getting crashes due to non-indexed stuff. Let's hope the ALiVE team gets it done quickly :)

Egil,

I'm very impressed with your Bornholm map. It's an awesome bit of work and it looks great. I'm using it on my new ArmA3 Epoch server.

Thank you - Donation sent.

Snakeyes

There are some not very smooth streets (snapped off) and terrain on the map. E.g. the See on the northern part is a bit hard with the arma physic and for the eye. Also it would be cool to have some military outposts or a military zone on the map even in reality there is nothing like this. Most missions need this beside the airfield. This would be great for missions builders. Having some real flat terrain with max. 1/2m height difference , no wavy terrain, no sharp elevation changes. This is the most unliked things for a island. And perhaps 1-2 areas with raised land, very smooth ones and not high, no evil mindcraft hills like we saw many in arma2 with a 70° grade (like the northern see part).

Performance is still not so good but i dont know how to get this better. Arma and trees are horrible :(

But beside all that, this is a very good map. Some finish and a few gimmicks, some more alternation on some parts and this will get a diamand ;)

Edited by Numrollen

Thanks guys :)

You will just have to be creative when placing down FOBs and want a flat surface :)

I know performance is not like Altis, but as I written several times now, Bornholm is way more lush and crowded nature wise, so it would be odd if this did not have any effect.

I had my first real experience on the island myself on Sunday :) Went with 35 members of Danish Armed Forces to do a mission there. It was awesome to finally experience what I have been working towards ;)

I hope we can see a new map from you after a several of time :P

New map? Hope not ;) Would be better to polish and update his map constanly, make it a beauty. Want just ruff stuff? There are several "alpha" maps out there.

To the map: Today we drove around and had some grass flickering when driving fast ( > 90 kmh ). And also some strange jumps with the car, came from some ugly looking crossing with 45° ups and down. :tempt:

Also it would be cool to have some military outposts or a military zone on the map even in reality there is nothing like this. Most missions need this beside the airfield.

No military outpost? There is one north from Roenne

No military outpost? There is one north from Roenne

Also a small one south of Aakirkeby.