egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain]

Any sort of optimizations for anything in this game are VERY welcome... THANKS for this update.. And thanks for the map...

Hmm, getting some strange errors when I try and load our ALiVE mission on the latest version - we can't get the server to come up and in the editor it seems to hang too ? Anyone else having more luck ?

Rpt

http://hastebin.com/xoxanupuwe.tex

Hmm, getting some strange errors when I try and load our ALiVE mission on the latest version - we can't get the server to come up and in the editor it seems to hang too ? Anyone else having more luck ?

Rpt

http://hastebin.com/xoxanupuwe.tex

Yeah, we are having the same issues.

Hi Egil

Really nice work, i have been on Bornholm a couple of times now (you have to if you are a Dane right ;) ), and i love that island :) i was married this year at Hammershus ruins, with the sunshine and the beautiful nature Bornholm is known by.. love your work, sadly i dont know how to make mods, because then i would make alot of Bornholm'ish houses to fill in, and make it even more beautiful :)

Best regards

Dennis

Thanks a lot, Dennis! Not a bad place to marry your love ;) Congrats! Hope your wife doesn't see you tear that area up in Arma. That would signal bad things I imagine ;)

Yeah, we are having the same issues.

Ok cheers for the confirm I've posted again on the ALiVE thread - ARjay will pick it up quickly I'm sure.

removed approx 30000 trees

OH NO! What a drama!

Honestly, 30000!?! trees?

Tree in container (splendid camera): ["Bornholm",[10546.4,8499.97,4.53737],213.511,0.7,[-13.4043,4.38841e-007],0,0,601.209,0.3329,0]

Edited by tortuosit

Teleport option is still active with the latest release. Can it be turned off?

ALT+CAPS+LEFT MOUSE BUTTON anywhere on the map and you're teleported to that location.

ALT+CAPS+LEFT MOUSE BUTTON anywhere on the map and you're teleported to that location.

Why does this has anything to do with the terrain?

Are there any change that a good high quality image of the map will turn up?

For mission-planing :)

This map looks great, our danish clan members will go nuts, so i guess we need this on the server sometime soon ;)

Arma 3 crash when server change mission to Bornholm map. Using Alive, AGM, CAF AG, AIA TP, CBA, RAVEN LIFTER, RDS, RHS: E, US HELOS KIMI, ASR, ASDJ, TFAR.

hm?

Arma 3 crash when server change mission to Bornholm map. Using Alive, AGM, CAF AG, AIA TP, CBA, RAVEN LIFTER, RDS, RHS: E, US HELOS KIMI, ASR, ASDJ, TFAR.

very latest RDS loaded?

Edited by Eggi

ALiVE isn't indexed for Bornholm 1.2 yet. They are working on it.

Hopefully 1.2 is the last update in a very long while, so we can get communities playing campaigns on the island without getting crashes due to non-indexed stuff. Let's hope the ALiVE team gets it done quickly :)

ah would like to say thanks for the wonderful work time and effort you've put into this map i was flying around on it earlier and couldnt help but notice that the run way markers and the yellow outline at the nexoe airfield dont line up and also theirs a tree in the middle of the runway

I believe that the yellow outline is actually supposed to be a centerline.

Why does this has anything to do with the terrain?

My apologies. A mistake on my end. It had nothing to do with your mod.

I love this map. maybe you can make a snow version because we dont have a lot of snow maps in arma.

A most excellent map!!

Some feedback with regards to AI:

On the small islands to the NorthEast the AI have some difficulty in navigation especially inside buildings (not sure if this is true for the rest of the island). They tend to get 'caught' under structures or other pathfinding issues where they cannot be seen or killed (ie: stuck in a wall). I think the sharp elevation changes and the sheer # of buildings on the island may be partially to blame for this (or not... I am no expert :p)

Thanks again for releasing such a great map.

I love this map. maybe you can make a snow version because we dont have a lot of snow maps in arma.

Well, a few pages back he said that he is pretty much done with it, so since he updated it once since this I'm sure he won't work further on this, even if a snowmap would be extremly awesome.